cigarette lighter not ejecting

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 01:37 AM
tpenta
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default cigarette lighter not ejecting

Hey guys,

I went to plug something into the cigarette lighter and it wasn't ejecting. Is there a fuse specifically for it and, if so, where would it be? Any other reason why it wouldn't be ejecting?

Thanks,

-T
Old 06-03-2010, 01:59 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 124 Posts

Only thing that can happen is if something from cigar or something jammed in there. Is it getting hot? If not getting hot, you're on the right track to check the fuse. Even so, you should be able to grasp it and remove it.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:31 AM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tpenta
Hey guys,

I went to plug something into the cigarette lighter and it wasn't ejecting. Is there a fuse specifically for it and, if so, where would it be? Any other reason why it wouldn't be ejecting?

Thanks,

-T
If you plugged something into it other than the cig lighter or a battery maintainer, you might have blown a fuse. My dealer told me never to use the lighter outlet for accessories, use the outlet in arm rest.

There's a fuse for it, but I don't know which one it is, as I haven't looked.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:47 AM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mspeedster
My dealer told me never to use the lighter outlet for accessories, use the outlet in arm rest.

Ask your dealer where the accessory called "Compressor" (for tire inflation) is supposed to be plugged in.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:57 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by tpenta
Hey guys,

Thanks,

-T
he, mine is ejecting all te tme even if cold. I just ignore that. count to 20 and get it out.

or trip to a dealer if still on warranty.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:03 PM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by utkinpol
he, mine is ejecting all te tme even if cold. I just ignore that. count to 20 and get it out.

or trip to a dealer if still on warranty.
If your DIY skill level is high: pull fuse, get in there with some needle nose pliers and make an adjustment to the retaining clip.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I know my cig-lighter socket is very tight. When I seat the flashlight down in there, I have a really hard time pulling that bugger back out. Not at all trivial or easy.. its binding pretty tight. A really good grip, and significant force are needed.

I'm wondering what may need to be tweeked to get a bit smoother extraction, at least on some cars.

For the cig-lighter heating element itself, the heat level triggers the ejection of the back button/handle that then pulls the cig-lighter away from the power and thus turns off the heating... if that is happening, the electrics are fine.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:57 AM
tpenta
Racer

Thanks folks.

Well, since it wasn't coming out, I looked at the manual to see if they say where the fuse is and didn't find anything, though I did read that they recommend not to plug anything in there but use the alternative plugs for electronics.

Come to think of it, a few months ago, I went to plug in a portable tire inflator to pump up my son's soccer ball and it wouldn't work. I must have blown the fuse when doing that!

So no one knows where that particular fuse is located?

Thanks.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:59 AM
tpenta
Racer

ohhh, and no it does not get hot even after pressing it for a minute. It's dead!

It's stuck almost flat so there is no way to pull it out unless I go use some very thin screw driver. I'd rather try the fuse approach first...
Old 06-04-2010, 03:52 PM
SevenCostanza
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is the same way....nearly flush and doesn't pop out. It makes no difference to me as I'm not a smoker and don't need to plug anything into it, but I suppose I'll have the dealer look at it one day.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

So if it isn't heating, then the electrics are the problem... probably the fuse. Replace the fuse (not sure where it is).. and it should at least heat and then pop up partly.. so you can then pull it out from there.

Quick Reply: cigarette lighter not ejecting