Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wet Door Carpet Solution (Rain or wash)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 04:28 PM
rcg412
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Wet Door Carpet Solution (Rain or wash)

Thought this might help someone out in the future. My drivers side carpet, on the door, was sopping wet after a rain (even leaking into the car). After a trip to the dealer, turns out the inner door seal (it looks like a foam gasket) was ripped/torn. Anyway, water was coming in there. Porsche knows about it and the dealer ordered a new metal piece which has the foam gasket.

You can read about it more here: http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxst...or-carpet.html . I think it only effects vehicles pre Nov 2006

Someone posted the below @ planet-9:

I fixed mine yesterday, it was a seal inside the door that was punctured.

To fix it:

1. Use the description that can be found of this side to remove the door panel.

2. Loosen the screws (Torx #30) for the black metal panel now exposed, it is not necessary to remove this panel completely.

3. Around the edge of this panel there is a foam seal, if this seal is damaged it must be replaced or repaired using some kind of elastic sealant.

It is difficult to remove the inner panel without destroying the panel or the attachment clips.
Looks like the dealer had some bad luck when they had the panel off last summer, and ended up destroying the foam seal when trying to press the door panel out.

Hope this helps someone. Ross

Quick Reply: Wet Door Carpet Solution (Rain or wash)