Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official ipod adapter from porsche.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 12:47 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Interesting - let us know if you test it and it works.
Old 12-05-2015, 12:34 AM
nikandriko
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by stevepow
Interesting - let us know if you test it and it works.
We tested it today.
Both wired & bluetooth solutions worked well.

My friend opted for the wired solution where the Scosche adapter is indeed needed to enable charging.
It took us a bit of time to find the AUX setting on the PCM, it's listed as FM station on the radio and we saved it in the favorites.

End result was that the iPhone 6 can now get powered through the Lightning adapter and also stream sound to PCM. The song titles or controls from the PCM are not possible through this solution. As you realize this is just the sound being fed as an FM radio signal (like an FM station) to PCM. The communication channel of the 997.1 iPod Aux is 1-way. That said, I would have expected the song names to show up on PCM but they didn't. This is something worth further exploration.

We also tried Tune2Air, this did not need the Scosche adapter as it can be powered directly from the old iPod 30-pin connector.

Lastly, PCM's switch to AUX inputs makes a lot of annoying interference noise before the AUX signal settles in but after that the sound is clear. The quality sounded good enough.
Old 12-24-2015, 10:04 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I got the CableJive adapter and the .2m Apple Lightening to 30-pin. I already had the original iPod cable. So I tried this out and I can use my iPhone 6s like an iPod for music stored on it (PCM music navigation works like an iPod) and I can also play "Radio" from the iPhone as well. And it takes care of the charging. This is good news because I think it likely the same solution required for newer iPods.

Thanks for the post.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:33 AM
Glyndellis
Pro

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Has anyone tried the Samson SAXBT30 iPod Bluetooth Receiver (http://www.zzounds.com/item--SAMSAXBT30?siid=133576)? This seems to be the same item as the WMA1000, but is less than 1/4 of the price.

I have the older iPod cable in my 997.2, and was trying to avoid a cabinet full of connectors in the center console.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:48 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Cool. What isn't clear is if you would get the full iPod interface on the PCM - would you get track listings and other info and controls or just the audio stream. Pairing with a hotel alarm clock that has a 30pin connector its enough to just stream the audio - but if you want to use the PCM iPod controls and expect the full track data, I'd check with the manufacturer - the website doesn't indicate this is provided.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:07 AM
Glyndellis
Pro

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

I followed the advice of Minok and checked with the manufacturer. They confirmed that the Samson Bluetooth receiver does not provide an iPhone/iPod interface, but just receives the Bluetooth audio stream. The iPod would need to be controlled from the device itself.

Quick Reply: Official ipod adapter from porsche.