Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to Buy OEM 19-inch Carrera S11 Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 02:23 AM
carlau
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Where to Buy OEM 19-inch Carrera S11 Wheels?

Was wondering if anyone knew where you could purchase (New or Second Hand OEM 19-inch Carrera S11 Wheels that have only done delivery Km's or in excellent condition with no marks on the wheels from?)

I 've been looking at the 19-inch Carrera S11
Front 8J x 19 ET 57
Rear 11J x 19 ET 51

for my 2007 997 4S. I've looked at some after market ones that look the same but would prefer to go OEM.

Any help would be great.

Pic Attached.
Attached Images  
Old 10-19-2009, 04:14 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Chefk with Wheel Enhancement (www.wheelenhancement.com), great and honest guys, they should have some in stock.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:07 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

I have a set that were taken off befre delivery of my 2009 C2S so they are as new as they come. Mounted with Mich PS 2 tires (also new) and OEM tire pressure sensors.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:02 AM
carlau
Intermediate

Originally Posted by f4 plt
I have a set that were taken off befre delivery of my 2009 C2S so they are as new as they come. Mounted with Mich PS 2 tires (also new) and OEM tire pressure sensors.
Different offsets sorry, if they where off a C4 I would gladly take them off your hands.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:47 AM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

F4 - What are you looking to get for the set and where are you?
Old 10-19-2009, 10:16 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

To be honest as much as I reasonably can as the the whole package is new with less than three miles on them and include the '09 tire pressure sensors. As for location I'm just outside San Antonio Tx
Old 10-20-2009, 01:24 AM
PHDX2
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 for Wheel Enhancement (see http://www.wheelenhancement.com). Great people and great prices on OEM and aftermarket wheels. Ask for Dave Martin or Alan Baylis. They are super-knowledgeable and very helpful.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:02 AM
carlau
Intermediate

Originally Posted by PHDX2
+1 for Wheel Enhancement (see http://www.wheelenhancement.com). Great people and great prices on OEM and aftermarket wheels. Ask for Dave Martin or Alan Baylis. They are super-knowledgeable and very helpful.
What are the down sides to purchasing new aftermarket wheels?

as I hear alot of good and bad things about them.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:46 AM
p-cardriver
Burning Brakes

I have been using a set of aftermarket (knock off, not take off) wheels for two winters - about to start their third. I bought them new with tires from WheelEnhancement. There have been no problems of any kind and I wouldn't hesitate to go that route again - buying from a reputable seller again.

Plenty of people buy aftermarket wheels (HRE, BBS, etc) for the look or for performance (weight) or whatever their reasons. Properly sized they work fine - again from reputable sources.

Used wheels require more caution. I have purchased two sets without a problem, on from someone on this board and another nearby so I could go look them over and talk to the seller in person. My concern with used is hidden/repaired damage that might leave the wheel structurally compromised - which matters here because of bad roads (wouldn't want a wheel failure). Obviously lots of people swap used wheels for track use, which tells us that it can be done safely if you are careful.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:46 AM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Try Sunset Porsche http://www.sunsetimports.com
Old 10-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 277 Posts

I have a mint set from my 09 S with 700 miles and RE050A tires that I'd let go for a fair price. I believe you can use them with 15-17mm spacers/longer bolts, which I can also provide as part of the deal.

Thanks
Chris
Old 10-21-2009, 02:01 AM
PHDX2
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by carlau
What are the down sides to purchasing new aftermarket wheels? as I hear alot of good and bad things about them.
To clarify, aftermarket products are those items (e.g., wheels) that are produced and provided by manufacturers for the purpose of maintaining or enhancing previously-purchased product offerings (e.g., automobiles). As with any aftermarket product, aftermarket wheel quality is dependent on the practices of given manufacturers.

Some aftermarket wheel products are branded while others are not. Branded aftermarket wheels produced by reputable manufacturers (e.g., HRE, Champion, BBS) are of very high quality. Although I’m personally a fan of Porsche’s OEM wheels, with Carrera Classics and Turbos being my current favorites, I would not hesitate to turn to wheels offered by HRE, Champion, BBS, and other high-end manufacturers.

When you venture into the world of unbranded aftermarket wheels, however, your due diligence must be markedly increased, as the ultimate source of the given wheels is not readily identifiable, meaning that you must go the extra mile to ascertain associated quality.

Personally, I always purchase branded product offerings, despite the higher price that they carry. For me, it’s a peace of mind thing, knowing that a given manufacturer is behind the purchased product and has placed its mark on the particular item accordingly.

I think you’ve made a good choice, as the OEM Carrera S II’s are very attractive and will look wonderful on your Porsche. Looks like you now have a few suggestions for OEM wheel vendors and even a few offers from members seeking to sell you their take-off wheels.

Best of luck in securing a set in the near future.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:45 PM
carlau
Intermediate

To everyone who suggested www.wheelenhancement.com thank you,

They are polite and honest people and always answered my questions promptly. Placed my order for the OEM wheels through them. Thank you to everyone suggesting them.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:05 PM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

I like Wheel Enhancement. Excellent service and their tire pricing is hard to beat.

Quick Reply: Where to Buy OEM 19-inch Carrera S11 Wheels?