Sponsored by:

Key Memory Settings with Sport Chrono

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 04:20 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Key Memory Settings with Sport Chrono

In going through my new PCM manual for my recently acquired 05 997S Cab with Sport Chrono, I found that in the "Main" and "Set" mode on the PCM, there is no menu item for "Individ. Memory", which is a feature that is supposed to be available on Sport Chrono equipped vehicles. I have version 3.3 software on the unit. With the key in and the ignition on, the display in Main/Set should show "key 1" or "key 2" etc., but doesn't show any key info., as well as not displaying the menu choice "Individ. Memory" just ahead of "Steering Wheel".

Also, when I adjusted my electric seat out of the memory 1 position, locking and unlocking with my key didn't cause the seat to automatically re-position to the (key1) memory position like it should have done.

Does anyone have any ideas why it is ignoring my key selection and not providing the Individ. Memory selection in Main/Set?

(Jeez, seems you need to have a computer degree to own one of these cars.)
Old 06-14-2007, 08:36 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Are you pushing and holding the M button with the #1 button and doing the on off thing with the key? Then open and close the door. Then open the door and move the seat out of position close the door and lock it. Use the same key to unlock the door and the seat will move back into position.

If you do not lock the door and then use Key #2 to lock and un lock the door your memory setting will not work. You have to lock the door with the correct key and then you can unlock the door with which ever key and the seat will move to that keys setting.

If you are confused let me know and I will PM you my phne number because it is hard to explain over the phone. Yes you are correct that the Porsche memory seat deal is confusing and really does not work all that great. Porsche needs to look at GM's memory seat functions...simple and easy.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:10 AM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Are you pushing and holding the M button with the #1 button and doing the on off thing with the key? Then open and close the door. Then open the door and move the seat out of position close the door and lock it. Use the same key to unlock the door and the seat will move back into position.

If you do not lock the door and then use Key #2 to lock and un lock the door your memory setting will not work. You have to lock the door with the correct key and then you can unlock the door with which ever key and the seat will move to that keys setting.

If you are confused let me know and I will PM you my phne number because it is hard to explain over the phone. Yes you are correct that the Porsche memory seat deal is confusing and really does not work all that great. Porsche needs to look at GM's memory seat functions...simple and easy.
Thanks for the tips. I thought I had done all those things, but to be sure, I tried again and made sure I followed those steps, and the memory seat did work with the key this time, so at least the car recognizes the key.

My remaining problem is the absence of menu option in the Main/Set screen for Individ. Memory settings, despite having Sport Chrono package on the car.

Thanks for your help.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:54 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

I do not know anything about a menu option on the screen. If you find out let me know. Glad I could help you with the memory seat/key setting though.

see ya, Mike
Old 06-15-2007, 06:03 AM
eljeffo64
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

key in - ignition on - engine NOT started - then look for the individual memory options; if you've done this already then it's back to the shop, 'cos it's broken!
Old 06-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Bum
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just checked mine. I have an 06 911S w/ the sports chrono. With the key in the ignition and not turned on, I hit Main then Set and there are 4 items with the Individual Memory greyed out. When I turn on the ignition, the Individual Memory option is active. So it shows on mine so you are not crazy, but I'm not sure why it would not show on your 05.
I bet a quick trip to the dealer will probably be your best bet as the menu item should be there if the sports chrono is installed and realized by the PCM.

Good Luck.

Quick Reply: Key Memory Settings with Sport Chrono