Sponsored by:

Remote Key Available for Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 04:16 PM
wardo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Key Available for Coupe

Looks like this is available September 25.

https://www.wilhelmy-it.de/sms/shop/...products&cat=9

RemoteKEY for Porsche Cayman and Carrera (997) Coupe

The remoteKEY997 offers plenty of customizable, useful features, in one easy to install product.

No soldering - No permanent changes to the vehicle!

Features
Remote window control: Easy one-touch comfort operation of windows with the original remote on all models (US and Euro) by holding down the power-locks button. No extra remote fob or reprogramming of the key or car is necessary!

The "Lock-In" feature locks the doors once the car starts moving. In contrast to the original Porsche feature which can only be enabled or disabled at the dealership, this feature is user-programmable and even better, optionally the doors also unlock when the engine is switched off and the key removed.

Home light XL: The Headlights can be activated for 30 seconds at any time by tapping the trunk button on the remote twice. Tapping the button twice again before the time runs out will switch the lights off immediately.

Trunk button delay: Prevents accidental opening of the trunk in most cases. If activated, the trunk can only be opened by holding down the trunk button on the remote for longer.

Chirp on lock/unlock: If activated, the alarm horn will give brief "chirp"signals when locking/unlocking the car.

Auto-Tilt function for the passenger-side mirror on reverse gear. A great addition for cars without seat-memory.

Passenger window auto-up fix for all cars where the window will only roll up automatically once it is past half way. Usually found on 997 Coupes

User programmable: All features can be individually enabled or disabled. Some also allow different personal preferences to be set. All settings are retained even if the car battery is disconnected.

Shop/Diagnose mode: The chip can be set to be completely passive, as if it was not installed at all. It becomes "invisible" and will not interfere with any dealer diagnostic tools.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:11 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 394 Likes on 203 Posts

That's pretty cool. I looked at the installation page,...doesn't look difficult at all.
Some of the features are available with the Sport Chrono BUT the features that I really like are:
1) Auto full-up of the passenger window
2) A short beep to signify that the car is actually locked
3) The delay in opening the boot,...I'm good for an accidental opening of the boot about once a month and it would be nice to not have to worry about it.
Thanks for posting!
Old 09-17-2006, 02:13 PM
wardo
Advanced

Yes I agree it is worth it for the beep on locking the car.....I find myself looking back for the lights to flash all the time.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:32 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 505 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by wardo
...I find myself looking back for the lights to flash all the time.
Absolutely! And the lights seem to be "delayed" from the time the car actually locks.
A small gripe in an otherwise almost perfect car, but considering how often the car gets locked, a beep would be great. I'm surprised it's not a programmable option from Porsche.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:36 PM
Rolf Stumberger
Racer

To me, the confirm chirp alone would be worth whatever it costs.

When I try to access the above site ,I get a message stating that my browser requires javascript and cookies ???
Any help on how to proceed would be appreciated.
( Obviously I am not that computer literate ) Lol
Old 09-17-2006, 04:06 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

I got a similar message. Try navigating there by going to the primary site:

https://www.wilhelmy-it.de/

There are several features I'd like to have. The beep, the passenger window one-touch up, the bonnet, and the side view mirror tilt. I had the mirror tilt in my Saab, and loved it. We have a very narrow driveway that is difficult to back down (or up for that matter). Being able to see the edge of the drive with the right hand mirror helps quite a bit.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 505 Likes on 158 Posts

My right-side mirror tilts down in reverse when the mirror **** is in the "passenger's side" position.
I think this may be part of the "memory seat" option?
Old 09-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Rolf Stumberger
Racer

Originally Posted by mglobe
I got a similar message. Try navigating there by going to the primary site:

https://www.wilhelmy-it.de/

There are several features I'd like to have. The beep, the passenger window one-touch up, the bonnet, and the side view mirror tilt. I had the mirror tilt in my Saab, and loved it. We have a very narrow driveway that is difficult to back down (or up for that matter). Being able to see the edge of the drive with the right hand mirror helps quite a bit.

Thanks, that worked.
For $299 I'll get it when available . The installation seems very simple to do.

I agree with you regarding the tilt mirror feature. I have it on my MB and it is very convenient .
Old 09-17-2006, 04:30 PM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Do I smell a group Buy?

I have some functions with sport chrono plus and dealer reeactivated drivers window up/down with key, but, this gives more functions!
Old 09-17-2006, 07:51 PM
Queram
Instructor

chirp on locking
passanger side auto up
tilt on reverse (daily driver have to park alot on the street and tilting the mirror manually to not to scratch the wheels everytime is pain in the ****.
trunk button delay (I always pop the trunk by mistake)
remote window control

the price for all these features is resonable.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:18 PM
birdman
Instructor

Originally Posted by Leader
My right-side mirror tilts down in reverse when the mirror **** is in the "passenger's side" position.
I think this may be part of the "memory seat" option?
Yes
Old 09-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Ronnie
Instructor

My passenger and driver side windows auto close when I lock and hold the lock button on exit, even when the window is fully open. Don't you guys have that function??? FYI I don NOT have sports chrono or anything.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:25 PM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why can't Porsche just add an extra button so we have a dedicated lock and unlock button, you know like every other car maker does.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:10 PM
gepoersch
Track Day

Originally Posted by larrytrk
Do I smell a group Buy?

I have some functions with sport chrono plus and dealer reeactivated drivers window up/down with key, but, this gives more functions!
Hint: In the cayman club net, they made a huge groupbuy (think they ordered more than 90 modules for the cayman and paid about $200)
Old 09-24-2006, 01:40 AM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 267 Likes on 154 Posts

Sounds like a great deal to me.

Quick Reply: Remote Key Available for Coupe