Sponsored by:

Road Hazard Program

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 01:57 AM
rebe1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Hazard Program

Just wondering if any of you guys purchased a Road Hazard program for their tires and rims? If so, anyone try making a claim?

I phoned the insurance company and they said that I can go to any tire/rim place, get it fixed, and then I would need to phone them to make a claim, at which point they'll contact the store and take it from there.

Just wondering if the insurance company would make it hard to claim anything because it would seem in 5 years, most people would likely get a flat or bent wheel, and insurance companies are not in the business to lose money...

Thanks...
Old 08-12-2006, 04:50 AM
Tedder Bear
Needs a Chuckle
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 33 Posts

I bought the road hazard insurance when I purchased my S4 about 2 years ago. 6 months later hit a pothole and blew both right side tires (no rim damage). Had no problems with coverage and think it's worthwile, especially here in the North East.

When I bought my C2S had the dealer throw in the road hazard insurance as part of the deal. Only concern is the program offered by my Porsche dealer has a $5,000 coverage limit. However, hope I never need it.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:57 AM
birdman
Instructor

I had a tire replaced without problem under the program.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:40 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

Just wondering if the insurance company would make it hard to claim anything because it would seem in 5 years, most people would likely get a flat or bent wheel, and insurance companies are not in the business to lose money...

Maybe it depends on where your drive but in several decades of driving, I've never had a flat tire or bent wheel. On the other hand I would never buy Road Hazard Insurance just for that reason.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:07 AM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Tedder Bear
I bought the road hazard insurance when I purchased my S4 about 2 years ago. 6 months later hit a pothole and blew both right side tires (no rim damage). Had no problems with coverage and think it's worthwile, especially here in the North East.

When I bought my C2S had the dealer throw in the road hazard insurance as part of the deal. Only concern is the program offered by my Porsche dealer has a $5,000 coverage limit. However, hope I never need it.
That's interesting - my warranty has no coverage limits. And to fast1's statement about not needing the warranty, I have had close to a dozen flat tires over the years - including 2 on the 996 I had for 6 months. The warranty would have paid for itself that quickly, so to each his own.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Tedder Bear
Needs a Chuckle
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 33 Posts

The tire/rim insurance coverage I purchased with my S4 didn't have a limit. The coverage I secured via my Porsche dealer is through a different company and has the $5K limit. Either way, I believe the coverage is worthwhile. That said I still hope I don't have to use it (hassle factor of a flat tire).
Old 08-13-2006, 03:32 AM
rebe1
Racer

Thanks guys, I think I'll go ahead with the purchase. I'm hoping I won't need to use it, but I do plan on going on a lot of road trips, and you never know what'll happen to the tires. I already have suffered a small tear from road hazard driving my car back from PA which I posted about in an older thread.

Quick Reply: Road Hazard Program