Sponsored by:

Airbag and Other Coding

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 03:44 PM
Jferrante
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Airbag and Other Coding

Well I got excited when i heard the Durametric Pro was able to code out Airbag, seatbelt and other errors however quickly found out this is only good for 997 and later. Is there anyway to code these out on our 996's? The car is a track car but I wouldnt mind getting rid of some of the warnings.
Thanks for any input
Old 03-22-2017, 02:52 PM
32krazy!
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

dealership or shop with pwis software
Old 03-22-2017, 04:29 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,701 Likes on 991 Posts

Joe, I don't believe the dealer can and even if they could, for legality reasons won't. You simply need to put a resistor in line to fool the car into thinking the airbag is there.

For the seatbelt, you can splice some wires or plug in a dummy buckle if you want to retain a 3 point, which you probably won't.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:28 PM
Jferrante
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by powdrhound
Joe, I don't believe the dealer can and even if they could, for legality reasons won't. You simply need to put a resistor in line to fool the car into thinking the airbag is there.

For the seatbelt, you can splice some wires or plug in a dummy buckle if you want to retain a 3 point, which you probably won't.
Yea from my understanding PWIS cant - my seatbelts actually aren't throwing a code and they are fully removed...the airbag failure is the one that is bugging me but I also removed the Airbags and airbag module so was curious if it could be cleared similar to how the 997's can be cleared.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:38 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jferrante
Yea from my understanding PWIS cant - my seatbelts actually aren't throwing a code and they are fully removed...the airbag failure is the one that is bugging me but I also removed the Airbags and airbag module so was curious if it could be cleared similar to how the 997's can be cleared.
Hmmm.. I know if you disconnect the seat belt receptacle that will throw an airbag code. For each airbag removed you would have to install a resistor, or just take some black tape and stick it over the airbag light in the dash, or disassemble the dash and remove the bulb. I would just stick a piece of black tape over the lights you don't want to see. Easy peasy, and cheap...
Old 03-22-2017, 08:48 PM
Jferrante
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by powdrhound
Hmmm.. I know if you disconnect the seat belt receptacle that will throw an airbag code. For each airbag removed you would have to install a resistor, or just take some black tape and stick it over the airbag light in the dash, or disassemble the dash and remove the bulb. I would just stick a piece of black tape over the lights you don't want to see. Easy peasy, and cheap...
Right that doesn't cure the airbag error every start up....no big deal just seeing if there were any resolutions for this.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:59 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jferrante
Right that doesn't cure the airbag error every start up....no big deal just seeing if there were any resolutions for this.
Correct, you'd need to plug the wire from the passenger seatbelt receptacle into the connector that is under the seat. That will keep the airbag light error from coming on assuming you have the resistors installed at each airbag location. You will need to do the same with the drivers sea and also splice the wires from the drivers seat belt receptacle so you do not keep getting the seatbelt warning chime. I just plug in a dummy male seatbelt into the receptacle since I still have the receptacle and 3 point belts there. Hope that makes sense.

Quick Reply: Airbag and Other Coding