Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using rear LCA Thrust bushing to change wheel base?

Old 03-10-2017, 12:25 PM
Third-Reef
Three Wheelin'

Received 160 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Using rear LCA Thrust bushing to change wheel base?

I had read about using the LCA adjustable solid thrust bushings in the rear to move the rear wheels back. This shifts the wight bias forward slightly to improve handling. Anyone have thoughts on this? Are there negative side effects? I am about to install some and was wondering where to adjust them and why.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:40 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,699 Likes on 989 Posts

Originally Posted by Third-Reef
I had read about using the LCA adjustable solid thrust bushings in the rear to move the rear wheels back. This shifts the wight bias forward slightly to improve handling. Anyone have thoughts on this? Are there negative side effects? I am about to install some and was wondering where to adjust them and why.
You reduce the already limited space between the rear tire and the fender liner by the lower IC pipe. No room to do it with large tires
Old 03-10-2017, 12:46 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

This is done frequently. You need the RSR compression links (the fork looking things that are adjustable) and adjustable pucks. Basically, to do it right you need adjustable and monoball everything.

But, has to be done right as all the geometry gets changed and you need to be careful of clearance as indicated above. So have to do with the tire/wheels you want to run. And if you change you need to adjust.
Old 03-10-2017, 01:49 PM
Third-Reef
Three Wheelin'

Received 160 Likes on 114 Posts

Thanks for the input. I was wondering about moving the lower end of the spindle and it effecting the geometry. I will keep it stock, install the adjustable solid bushings to have the same center position.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:14 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 331 Posts

I have done this and plan to move back to a more neutral position when I redo alignment again...too much squat IMHO

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Using rear LCA Thrust bushing to change wheel base?