Sponsored by:

Sambo ByDesign and my 996 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 10:13 PM
uwrasta
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sambo ByDesign and my 996 turbo

Just wanted to give a shout out to Sam at by design. Tell him how much I appreciate him and his relentless pursuit of perfect customer service

About a month ago I was "talked into" purchasing a Kline decatt xpipe and Cobb accessport. I was very apprehensive thinking that installing a setup like that would be unbearable with a tip. Sam reassured me that I'd be very pleased and offered to take the exhaust back if I wasn't completely satisfied. With that kind of offer how could I refuse.

3 days later I got my exhaust and installation 2 day after. Throughout the process he was at my beck and call. Any question I had was promptly answered in a matter of minutes. I would email him at all hours and without fail I'd have an answer in less than 5 minutes. It became so routine that I "just knew" that he'd respond if I had any questions.

As for the hesitations I was having all I can say is -we worked through them.
I ended up replacing a leaky Venturi tube and zip tying a bunch of lines and hoses. But still there was hesitation. As we all know from other posts people are having the dreaded "hesitation" issue same as me. But Sam assured me that it had to be something simple due to the age of these vehicles. With that in mind I decided to change plugs and coils (no resolution crap) as a second to the last ditch effort I cleaned the throttle body which was filthy. I thought for sure this would cure the problem. Got it all back together, went for a test drive and the damn thing seemed like it was worse than ever.

At this point I was silently cursing Sam and wishing I'd never messed with any of it.
But once again he reassured me and recommended I change out the fuel filter. In my mind i was thinking there's no freakin way that the filter would be causing the problem and was very close to throwing in the towel and taking it to the shop.
2 nights ago I replaced it and it seemed to resolve but I was getting this nasty backfire when letting off throttle. I was super bummed and emailed Sam. To my surprise he was stoked and said it was normal and that's what it should be doing cause the car was now getting the proper amount of fuel and that all would adapt. Once again I was apprehensive. He told me to go out and drive for 200 miles with the maf plugged in with stage 2 tune. If it was driving fine to unplug the maf and retune. I drove plugged in for 100 and unplugged for 100.
So to make a long story short it freaking worked. Car is driving smooth as butter!!!!
I can just imagine what a shop would have charged me. The thought of it makes me cringe!!!

So with that I once again would like to thank Sambo. His patience, dedication, knowledge and genuine concern for all us turbo owners has made me believe that there's at least one great guy out there looking out for us!!!!

Keep up the good work Sam.
Attached Images          
Old 02-09-2017, 10:33 PM
kmagnuss
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Glad it worked out. Now how about an exhaust clip?
Old 02-10-2017, 12:28 AM
Road King
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Not surprised it all worked out. I have a similar set up from Sam.

I bet my throttle body is dirty-50k miles and never cleaned, but as the saying goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

congratulations again. Enjoy your new car!
Old 02-10-2017, 12:42 AM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 331 Posts

Sam's a good guy and the Kline exhaust is probably the best I've heard for our cars
Old 02-10-2017, 01:23 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 917 Likes on 560 Posts

Wow, thank you so much for the kind words guys. My pleasure R! I really appreciate every customer/new friend! Some of these car are easier than others but we always try to do whatever it takes till we're done! Enjoy safely and you know where to find me ha ha.

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Old 02-10-2017, 04:29 PM
uwrasta
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You are welcome it's well deserved. I have dealt with others that make you feel like questions are an inconvenience. I just wish you were a bit closer

Ps 93 miles mafless and driving like a dream.

Quick Reply: Sambo ByDesign and my 996 turbo