Sponsored by:

Wrap colour thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 03:26 AM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Simbad
So i recently bought a midnight blue turbo cab. It has the blue ragtop.
i am thinking about getting it wrapped in white. I have always loved white Cars and blue was honestly always one of my least fav. Colours for a car.
I haven't been able to find any pics of a white car with blue soft top.

what do you guys think?
weird colour combo?
if I do it what wheels?
and any other suggestions for a colour change to match the blue roof. Had considered Minerva blue too.

I want something that stands out. And I love white.
A buddy of mine had a pearl/mica white 997 with blue top that looked very classy.
He even drove it hard enough to get it on 2 wheels and shoot up the roll bars. Dealer said that was a first for them back then.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:52 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah white and blue are definitely classy. It looks great in that pic posted earlier. That's probably the route I'd go. But if you're looking for something a little more attention getting, I think the light blue of a Mexico Blue or Riviera Blue would contrast it well also. Or if you'd like to do something totally different and the more I think of it, this might be a REALLY cool combo, wrap it in Audi Nardo Grey which is a non-metallic grey color similar to Porsche's Fashion Grey! Below is a pic of a 993 white w/blue ragtop and a pic of a Nardo Grey Audi RS7. I think that would be awesome coupled with a Navy Blue top on a 996TT convertible!

Last edited by ScottKelly911; 02-06-2017 at 04:09 AM.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:01 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kmagnuss
I was considering the exact same thing recently... and I have a midnight blue cab with blue top also. There's tons of pics of white 996 turbos online to see what it will look like. I personally didn't care much for the white with dark top as much as white on a coupe... but that's just my dumb opinion.
we need one of the photoshop gurus to turn that image into a Nardo Grey car, I bet it would look awesome!
Old 02-06-2017, 07:52 PM
Simbad
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm,
problem is I don't really want classy- I want sporty, aggressive. I agree the Ardo Grey is pretty nice too.

I liked the idea of white, lowered, black wheels and some subtle (very subtle) tinting of rear lights, with a darker tint on the windows.
but I think the blue roof does look 'classy' but not really what I am going for. when I first thought about it I had forgotten all about the blue roof as I have the hardtop on and was envisioning that wrapped :-)
Old 02-07-2017, 02:07 PM
s65e90
Drifting

Received 722 Likes on 500 Posts

Turbo for sale now in FL is wrapped gray and looks kind of like Nardo. It's in the FS section.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:16 PM
imlumpy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone successfully unwrapped a car that has been wrapped for a long period of time , and has there been any damage to the original finish ? just wondering .Hate to see someone take it off and find out it caused some kind of damage to the finish. I seen some nasty paint damage from those clear bras left on for a long time .
Old 02-07-2017, 05:00 PM
Berra
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Wraps and clear bras have come a long way. People put these things on Bugattis, Paganis and other super cars.

I would think that most cars that get damaged are either repainted badly or that whoever takes the wrap off, does it incorrectly.

My car is wrapped and I'll be driving with it on for another year, so it'll be 2 years. I expect it to come off easy. Will probably do something else if I can't find a place which clear bras the whole car. Nardo grey, signal green or something else.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:12 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by kmagnuss
I was considering the exact same thing recently... and I have a midnight blue cab with blue top also. There's tons of pics of white 996 turbos online to see what it will look like. I personally didn't care much for the white with dark top as much as white on a coupe... but that's just my dumb opinion.
I like it
Originally Posted by imlumpy
Has anyone successfully unwrapped a car that has been wrapped for a long period of time , and has there been any damage to the original finish ?
THIS!
Originally Posted by Simbad
i try not to give up on the 'correct' way of spelling things. But the longer I am in the states the harder it gets
You are just used to 'proper English'
Old 02-08-2017, 05:27 PM
Berra
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Königin
I like it THIS!
What about it?

Quick Reply: Wrap colour thoughts