spoiler

Old 03-16-2017, 07:48 AM   #46
DaveCarrera4
Addict
Rennlist Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailedit View Post
Dave,

I am curious to know if it is possible to incorporate the steel posts on the OEM wing into your electric setup?
nope, I've thought about thicker posts, but so far the cost to machine them is prohibitive. The posts with an eRam set are narrower, and about identical to those on my stock 987.2 Cayman S. So Porsche actually moved to them on later gen cars. As Carlo has mentioned... more aerodynamic.
DaveCarrera4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:09 PM   #47
DaveCarrera4
Addict
Rennlist Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_schnell View Post
I was contemplating selling my hydraulic rams after I get the eRams installed, but might just box the hydraulics for the car's next owner. As option (4), it might be possible to find someone with a used set they're willing to sell for less $$$ than option (3)
Hi Mark, if you read through the directions, my recommendation is to store the old busted hydraulic ram system in a waterproof bin. If you ever part with your turbo, you can hand the bin over and say "here are the original hydraulic wing parts so you can go back if you wish". I'd bet a steak dinner that'll never happen. Another key aspect of the eRam system, totally reversible, as there are NO mods involving drilling, filing, bodywork, etc.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:26 AM   #48
PaleAle
Addict
Rennlist Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by "02996ttx50 View Post
fuse is the most doubtful. the rams have probably simply *lost* enough fluid over time that beyond the spoiler alerts, nothing was noticed. you as i see them the choices depend wholly upon what you or any help you may have, are capable of, and whatever sense of aesthetics you have.

(1) a relatively *simple* rebleed of the system ( which porsche even has docs for ) which has been recounted here many times. ( cheap )

(2) buy daves e'ram kit ( best )

(3) just pay porsche $$ to have a new system installed from a dealer for 2k+. ( incomprehensible )

(4) install a fixed wing kit or spoiler eg gt2/3 etc. ( why not )

them there's yer options. gl w it!

i've stayed with ( cheap ) for years. no complaints.
I checked for a blown fuse but no luck. I'm going to try the cheap route first. Ultimately I'll probably end up going to Dave's kit - I really like how the 4" lift looks.
PaleAle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:16 AM   #49
"02996ttx50
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleAle View Post
I checked for a blown fuse but no luck. I'm going to try the cheap route first. Ultimately I'll probably end up going to Dave's kit - I really like how the 4" lift looks.
thats what i would do, but mine continue to work as they should. I've repeated the process twice in 6.5 years. i'm not gonna rip out a working system. but i would opt for the 4" lift kit also for a more permanent solution.

just another fyi..the "re-bleed" isn't some "home fix-it solution" either. porsche has docs and pictographs on the procedure.

it's just that factory porsche techs can't ( or wont bother..) to even try it. so porsche used to replace the entire assembly upon warranty failures. try it, if it doesn't work. dave's a post away.. lol
"02996ttx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:23 AM   #50
DaveCarrera4
Addict
Rennlist Member

I had my first Porsche dealer customer a few weeks ago. Man was that rewarding! I even posted it on my FB page I was so excited! The tech was impressed and sent me a note...