Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running too cool will not reach operating temp (P0116)

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 11:24 PM
Jones R
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tmo996tt
Problem solved:

The shop that replaced my heater valve didn't use a factory part, instead they used a aftermarket made by Meyle which is garbage and the diaphragm was bad.
does this mean the HVAC heater core (and normal convection from outside air) was removing heat so well that the car couldn't reach operating temp?
Old 01-16-2020, 06:52 PM
Fasoole
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is old post but these kind of post never dies

unfortunately I've been facing the exact problem since 2015, after taking the car for workshop to prepare it before sending it overseas with me to Germany, ive notice same Temps behavior and acts that mentioned above plus a weird air con that u can feel air comes from vent even if the Ac is closed.

in meanwhile i didn't really worry about it since im moving to Germany they build the car and sure they can fix it, took it to 2 Porsche dealers which they have garages both couldn't find the problem one of the mechanic that works in my car told me i should be happy coz my car never heats!!!

I took it as well to another 2 garages that's not Porsche garages and also they couldn't find the issue everyone think it's the thermostat it got replaced maybe 3 times i even got new radiators right left middle!!i spent more than 10k usd on this un fixed problem.

Sep/2018 Engine officially Died!!! i never track race with this car last 5 yrs i drive it like 40k km.

after building the engine which took me like 1 year coz of working overseas and im away from the car etcc.

I still had the same problem!!!!!

Now we will try to figure out what coz this problem and im sure i will never drive the car until it fixed.

the whole point from telling this story

NEVER DRIVE YOUR CAR IF TEMP ACT WEIRD U WILL LOSE UR ENGINE

best regards all

wish me luck to find the issue i spent like double the car price until now
Old 01-16-2020, 10:37 PM
SOS
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Sorry to hear that. Good luck.

​​​​

Originally Posted by Fasoole
I know this is old post but these kind of post never dies

unfortunately I've been facing the exact problem since 2015, after taking the car for workshop to prepare it before sending it overseas with me to Germany, ive notice same Temps behavior and acts that mentioned above plus a weird air con that u can feel air comes from vent even if the Ac is closed.

in meanwhile i didn't really worry about it since im moving to Germany they build the car and sure they can fix it, took it to 2 Porsche dealers which they have garages both couldn't find the problem one of the mechanic that works in my car told me i should be happy coz my car never heats!!!

I took it as well to another 2 garages that's not Porsche garages and also they couldn't find the issue everyone think it's the thermostat it got replaced maybe 3 times i even got new radiators right left middle!!i spent more than 10k usd on this un fixed problem.

Sep/2018 Engine officially Died!!! i never track race with this car last 5 yrs i drive it like 40k km.

after building the engine which took me like 1 year coz of working overseas and im away from the car etcc.

I still had the same problem!!!!!

Now we will try to figure out what coz this problem and im sure i will never drive the car until it fixed.

the whole point from telling this story

NEVER DRIVE YOUR CAR IF TEMP ACT WEIRD U WILL LOSE UR ENGINE

best regards all

wish me luck to find the issue i spent like double the car price until now

Quick Reply: Running too cool will not reach operating temp (P0116)