Sponsored by:

WTB: Modified 996 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 05:01 PM
HardHitter
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default WTB: Modified 996 Turbo

Ready to purchase, post or PM me specs of the car and your asking price.

What is it I'm looking for?

Car: 2001-2005 911 Turbo
Color: Ideal color is black on black.
Transmission: 6 speed only
Mileage: Don't need a low mileage car. Open to all mileage but sweet spot will be 30-50K. Not afraid of higher miles so long that owner can provide documentation of necessary maintenance
Price: We know what the market cost is for the car based upon mileage/mods. Will buy the one I want within fair price (e.g. Nothing outrageous like $60K).
Mods: Overall, I am looking for a balanced car. Ideal car has everything done (tune, turbos, exhaust, clutch, brakes, suspension, wheels, etc.) but will also be open to cars which would be a good "starting point" (e.g. everything minus turbos) or certain "big ticket" items (e.g. tune, exhaust, etc.)

Prime example of what I would buy right away (minus the red wheels and some other parts)...but I was too slow and it ended up selling:

http://www.kellymotorcars.com/Vehicl...era-Turbo.aspx
Old 12-26-2016, 05:54 PM
32krazy!
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

since stock cars run up to 50k how do you feel buying a fully modded car for less than 60k is realistic? already sent you to a 1000 hp midnite blue (looks almost black) 6 sp low mileage 2003 car. 60k price
Old 12-26-2016, 05:58 PM
Corso
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
since stock cars run up to 50k how do you feel buying a fully modded car for less than 60k is realistic? already sent you to a 1000 hp midnite blue (looks almost black) 6 sp low mileage 2003 car. 60k price
I take it you didn't look at his example? Asking price of $45k.

**Edit**
'Scuse me, $46k...
Old 12-26-2016, 07:11 PM
HardHitter
Racer

Originally Posted by Corso
I take it you didn't look at his example? Asking price of $45k.

**Edit**
'Scuse me, $46k...
32krazy: The guy never e-mailed me so I know nothing about that car.

As Corso noted, that car that I linked to was basically a fully built car (minus internals) with reasonable mileage. I just saw the ad too late and it was sold or else I would have bought it. What would I have changed on that car? The wheels, the badging on the doors and as good as the seats look, the seats (I did research on them and they are cheap/dangerous seats).
Old 12-26-2016, 07:46 PM
Jferrante
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts

I think this is the best car available right now but thats my biased opinion... I am sure you've seen it http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/a...obb-k16-s.html
I think the price is too high but not by much if the mods tickle what you're looking for
Old 12-26-2016, 07:54 PM
Corso
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jferrante
I think this is the best car available right now but thats my biased opinion... I am sure you've seen it http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/a...obb-k16-s.html
I think the price is too high but not by much if the mods tickle what you're looking for
Nice car. Thank god the factory twists are included in sale. Those CCWs are not flattering in the least. My personal opinion, of course.
Old 12-26-2016, 07:56 PM
HardHitter
Racer

Yep, I've seen the car. It's been on my radar and may consider it if price drops into the 40's as you've noted, the pricing seems "high" but it is properly modded in what I'm looking for (modified k16, great clutch, cobb AP, etc.). Only "fault" I have is he told me that he is starting to see some clear coat damage by the exhaust outlet of the bumper. I'd also want the CCW's and his asking price is $51K with twitsts.

I'll keep looking, I know the car is out there. In no rush.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:06 PM
Jferrante
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Corso
Nice car. Thank god the factory twists are included in sale. Those CCWs are not flattering in the least. My personal opinion, of course.
I like them! Biased because my Fikse are very similar on my slate grey car...I also had this seal grey so I am biased again to the grey's on 996tt's
Name:  14034764_10104285833587189_1310652708229755162_n_zpsyigxjoc4.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  88.6 KB
Name:  dv4eO7xl.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  59.0 KB

Originally Posted by HardHitter
Yep, I've seen the car. It's been on my radar and may consider it if price drops into the 40's as you've noted, the pricing seems "high" but it is properly modded in what I'm looking for (modified k16, great clutch, cobb AP, etc.). Only "fault" I have is he told me that he is starting to see some clear coat damage by the exhaust outlet of the bumper. I'd also want the CCW's and his asking price is $51K with twitsts.

I'll keep looking, I know the car is out there. In no rush.
Yea like I said I have bought 2 now and both were below what the "market" list prices were suggesting - be patient you'll find the right seller who is looking for a smooth quick sale. The clear coat is a negotiation point. Repainting bumpers shouldnt be a problem
Old 12-26-2016, 08:25 PM
Corso
Rennlist Member

I like them! Biased because my Fikse are very similar on my slate grey car...I also had this seal grey so I am biased again to the grey's on 996tt's

Yea like I said I have bought 2 now and both were below what the "market" list prices were suggesting - be patient you'll find the right seller who is looking for a smooth quick sale. The clear coat is a negotiation point. Repainting bumpers shouldnt be a problem
They're not terrible, I do like your Fikses better. Maybe I should have kept that comment to myself, my apologies. The factory set are one of those wheels that just works so well.

And I am a fan of the grey cars.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:29 PM
32krazy!
Drifting

i guess my idea of a "built" car and a bolt on car are different than others. built would imply internals are done and thats a 10k ticket. add the bolt ons and your adding another 7 to 10k plus tuning. add the cost of the car at 40k and your no were near 45 for any type of "built" car.

email sean@sillyrabbitmotorsport.com he has the fully built car . tell him i sent you.

and just to be clear that car listed isnt even a bolt on car. stock turbos a tune and a clutch. sorry
Old 12-26-2016, 08:44 PM
HardHitter
Racer

i guess my idea of a "built" car and a bolt on car are different than others. built would imply internals are done and thats a 10k ticket. add the bolt ons and your adding another 7 to 10k plus tuning. add the cost of the car at 40k and your no were near 45 for any type of "built" car.

email sean@sillyrabbitmotorsport.com he has the fully built car . tell him i sent you.

and just to be clear that car listed isnt even a bolt on car. stock turbos a tune and a clutch. sorry
Thanks, I'll send him a e-mail to get some details around the car.
Old 12-27-2016, 08:25 AM
Berra
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

But you never get your money back for all the mods so even IF it would cost more, what's the "premium"?

I'd rather pay 60k for a stock mint low mileage car than a 1000 hp one.
Old 12-27-2016, 09:47 AM
32krazy!
Drifting

Originally Posted by Berra
But you never get your money back for all the mods so even IF it would cost more, what's the "premium"?

a stock mint car will never run low et at the track or be a force at the road course. if you want stock oem then thats what you look for. buying a modded car from a reputable shop will net you huge power at less than retail cost.
Old 12-27-2016, 07:03 PM
kmagnuss
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Berra

But if you want a 1000 hp one you're WAY ahead buying one that's already been modded. Which is why I purposefully looked for a modded car to begin with... I was going to do it... may as well let somebody else pay for it.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:23 AM
clubracer6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm selling a moderately modded, very well maintained and documented 03 that is set up very nicely.
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...land-area.html

Last edited by clubracer6; 01-02-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Quick Reply: WTB: Modified 996 Turbo