Beta Testers Needed for Bluetooth Conversion - Page 4 - Rennlist Discussion Forums

Beta Testers Needed for Bluetooth Conversion

Old 03-18-2017, 11:33 PM   #46
soon2be993TT
User

I owe David a HUGE apology. I was one of the first to receive this kit, and due to a few things (work travel, pregnant wife, house construction, t-ball, buying another car that's been getting a series of parts, etc) I was way delayed on getting this in. Kinda bummed I hadn't done it sooner.

With the introduction of the iPhone 7 no longer having an Aux Port I've been researching aftermarket headunits. I spend a lot of time in the car and not being able to charge and listen/Talk has been a big bummer for me. I already had an existing AUX cable in the car, but it just didn't cut it for me.

Finally he sent me an email today askign what the status was. Well, the family was asleep and I went at it. Install was a breeze. Other then popping out my radio and seeing a bunch of extra connections as the previous owner had a hard drive hooked up, everything was easy as cake. His instructions were very detailed and nailed it (i couldn't take better pictures and give better instructions).

I did take off the side panels to flush the wires down the back. That made it MUCH easier. Also, I ended up mounting the bluetooth under the dash as i have too much stuff that goes into that pocket and once you get the power and AUX cable in it cuts out some space.

The sound quality is great. Connection was easy. I think all in all this is a 30-45 minute install for most.

Dave, really really sorry about the delay, but man I can't say thanks enough for a quick and easy solution.
soon2be993TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:20 AM   #47
DaveCarrera4
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the write up! Whole purpose of the Bluetooth kit was to make it user friendly, fast and of course functional.
DaveCarrera4 is offline   Reply With Quote