Sponsored by:

Dealerships.........

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 01:00 PM
drcheap
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Dealerships.........

...second visit, this time wore my fancy watch-did get a greeting-more than last time..spent some time-1/2 hr, looking around, cars, service area, retail offerings, even went up,to,the second level.....

Lots of well dressed sales people, but not once was I asked if I could be helped...

I am more than happy with my Motor Werks Racing Indy shop, who were welcoming from the first time I met them at one of their tech seminars...

But I like to check out the landscape, and we have many different dealerships and Indys in the metro Atlanta area..

You would think I would be someone a dealership would want to talk to, a nice used 2003 996, very much for sale, and a new to me 2002 TT that I have now spent $7000 ( a fair sum for Dr cheap) on since I got it, bringing EVERYTHING up to date, with more planned.....

I scooped all the free literature including one book sized that gives all the specs of the new 911 models, and left....

..maybe they just have too much business, although most of the well dressed people were moving around, looking important but talking not talking to,any customers...

..Oh well, I will vote with my pocket book and spend elsewhere, though the free snack area looked promising....c
Old 11-23-2016, 01:05 PM
RngTrtl
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

I had a different experience at Hennessy. I typically dress like a bum (cargo shorts/pants, t-shirts) when not at work and some one greeted me as soon as I walked in the door. Never been to the one on the perimeter tho.
Old 11-23-2016, 01:42 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

i'm "known" at my local area dealership for having bought two cars there, and a number of key fob batteries.

thanks to the facial recognition software they've recently installed, i am greeted warmly on most every visit with questions as to when i might be interested in purchasing a new one lol
Old 11-23-2016, 01:59 PM
drcheap
Rennlist Member

Rngtrtl- I too can look pretty rough--almost homeless-I only work,2 days a week and do not shave the other days...I will,try Hennessy. I WAS interested in some of their clothing, but NO price tags...if you have to ask the price....I was ready to buy, but that put me off...

Metro atlanta people-let's meet up in at the Porsche Experience Atl, some where else or at the P car get together in Chattanooga VW center in Feb 2017..
Old 11-23-2016, 02:58 PM
Atrox
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I like not being bothered at a dealership.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:06 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,442 Posts

Dealerships as a whole are taking a low key approach to customers these days. Studies have shown that Millennials and women prefer to browse cars unaccompanied and then contact a sales person when they have questions.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:09 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 543 Posts

I'd much rather walk around a dealership with no employee interaction. If I need help, I know how to ask for it.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:12 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by drcheap
You would think I would be someone a dealership would want to talk to, a nice used 2003 996, very much for sale, and a new to me 2002 TT that I have now spent $7000 ( a fair sum for Dr cheap) on since I got it, bringing EVERYTHING up to date, with more planned.....
How would they know any of those things when you walk in the door?

Why would any of that matter to them?
Old 11-23-2016, 03:15 PM
drcheap
Rennlist Member

Atrox-i agree-but it would be nice to be greeted by passing staff...

Carlo_Carrera-point well taken. I am old school and still react to the total lack of attention given by the traditional dealerships. I have walked around several Toyota dealerships being completely ignored, while actively looking for Tundras, which I have bought 3.

I like the Lexus/Tesla approach of being greeted and being told that if I have any questions, please feel,free to ask, after I have wandered around for a while...no pressure...just affirmation that I am there..

I will try asking for help next time, to see how they react-I was really ready to spend some of my Social Security money for a shirt or jacket after picking up,some of their very expensive sales booklets...
Old 11-23-2016, 03:18 PM
drcheap
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dock
How would they know any of those things when you walk in the door?

....asking how they could be of assistance would be a good start....

Why would any of that matter to them?
Income to their organization...
Old 11-23-2016, 03:28 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Income to their organization...
But when you walk in the dealership, how would they know that you have a 996 and 996 Turbo, or that you spent some money on your Turbo? And why would that make any difference to them?

As far as they know, anyone walking through their doors could be poor as dirt, or rich as Hell. A guy in overalls driving up in a beat up Ford F150 could be worth millions. A guy in sharp business attire pulling up in his new company provided Lexus might not have the cash or credit to buy a used KIA. They are interested in attempting to sell both of these guys a Porsche (at least until they find out that the second guy can't swing the purchase).
Old 11-23-2016, 03:36 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

....asking how they could be of assistance would be a good start....
But unless you follow up by telling them, the act of asking how they could be of assistance doesn't provide any of that information (that you own two Porsches, and have spent money on your 996 Turbo).
Old 11-23-2016, 03:38 PM
drcheap
Rennlist Member

But unless you follow up by telling them, the act of asking how they could be of assistance doesn't provide any of that information (that you own two Porsches, and have spent money on your 996 Turbo).
..point taken...
Old 11-23-2016, 06:42 PM
Gt3stig
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You guys are such pussies.
If a salesman walks up to you and you don't need his assistance, tell him to **** off.

cargo shorts??? Are you still in ****ing junior high?
Old 11-23-2016, 07:01 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,442 Posts

I'd much rather walk around a dealership with no employee interaction. If I need help, I know how to ask for it.
I never pictured you as a Millennial and/or a woman.

Quick Reply: Dealerships.........