Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas - Anyone know this car for sale - RUF 996TT R Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 08:49 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder if it's ILLM3'S old car. I'm not sure what his screen name is here, but he used to post on 6speed all the time back in the day. Actually, now that I think about it, his may have been a GT2 sent to RUF for the treatment. Hmmm...the plot thickens

By the way that blue one...I'm surprised RUF would allow a Tippy to leave their shop lol And the orange RGT may be rare, but the reason they are rare is because they couldn't sell them. Who wants a lesser car (based on regular Carrera 4 with fried egg headlights and only 385hp) and costs more than a factory Turbo? No wonder they only sold 17 of them. No thanks, even if it was only 17 made, I'd still rather have a factory stock X50 than this car. I want it to drive not to "invest", so the enjoyment would be lost on that car to me personally.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:21 AM
gophaster
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Regarding the orange one, I totally agree with all your points. I would only say though that RGT came up on ebay a few months ago and it was bid up to $68,000 I believe (I was watching the auction). When I first saw it, I was thinking that it was the most over the top thing ever and how could someone do such a thing to a car!!! But then I looked a little closer. If I understand correctly...That car is an actual Ruf built car with a Ruf vin. It is based on a C4 and it has a naturally aspirated GT3 Mezger engine so essentially it's a Narrow body AWD GT3.

In my dream garage I'd have the 6 Turbo and a 6 GT3 because I think it would be amazing to have a forced induction Mezger and a naturally aspirated Mezger. This car would fit the bill nincely. Unfortunately for the seller though, it seems that right now the market is not supporting the asking price but it is definitely a unique car in more than one way

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
I wonder if it's ILLM3'S old car. I'm not sure what his screen name is here, but he used to post on 6speed all the time back in the day. Actually, now that I think about it, his may have been a GT2 sent to RUF for the treatment. Hmmm...the plot thickens

By the way that blue one...I'm surprised RUF would allow a Tippy to leave their shop lol And the orange RGT may be rare, but the reason they are rare is because they couldn't sell them. Who wants a lesser car (based on regular Carrera 4 with fried egg headlights and only 385hp) and costs more than a factory Turbo? No wonder they only sold 17 of them. No thanks, even if it was only 17 made, I'd still rather have a factory stock X50 than this car. I want it to drive not to "invest", so the enjoyment would be lost on that car to me personally.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:35 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

The orange one pains my eyes both inside and out.... its a RUF Vin car and thats what it, IMO this 996TT R Turbo at RAC if checked out would be a way better car on nearly every level.

Hoping someone goes and explores it and reports back...
Old 10-03-2016, 04:20 PM
SIK67SS
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong (new to the buying market here), but it sure seems to have been in for service quite a few times and sold right after each time. Known problems being hidden maybe?
Old 10-03-2016, 05:50 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

something isn't right IMO... you maybe right. Seems like to nice a car in the pics and right price with some neat RUF parts to be trading hands so much... but never know!
Old 10-06-2016, 04:32 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Sale pending. Anyone here? Mods were done when it was RUF auto center in 06... And guess they know all the service and prior owners. All I know.
Old 10-06-2016, 05:42 PM
AFKC
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I tried, but was too late. It was a deal. I sold my Rturbo 550 cab a couple years ago and it is a great package. This car also just had a $6k service done on it. Please let me know if you see any more 550 coupes pop up for sale.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:16 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

If this car checked out IMO the it was the best 996tt car I have seen for sale for the money in a while.....yes I love RUF.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:56 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

anyone know where it went?
Old 10-28-2016, 09:11 PM
Chris87
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mickfluff
anyone know where it went?
Home with me

Old 10-28-2016, 09:27 PM
Alan A
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

That's pretty.
And I don't even care for grey or silver.
Nice buy.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:11 PM
Road King
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris87
Home with me
very nice! Glad to see you and the car here on Rennlist, as you can tell it's been drooled over quite a bit. Not that it's super special or anything ;-)

Please post some of your pics when you have a moment, she's a beauty!

-Sean in Norcal
Old 10-29-2016, 12:14 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Chris congrats ....... 1st post here, come clean. Did my initial post alert you to this car it already had found it? Looks like an amazing car.... I was going back and forth with the sales guy (who was slow to reply) but was told it was u see contract before I could make offer.

So tell us about the car now that you have that gem? As nice as the pics, did u go through the car and need anything? Any comparisons to other cars u may have or had in the past?

I think it's one of the nicest 996tt I have seen, wish u the best with it buddy....

More pics, details and any comments please.

Congrats

Home with me

Old 10-31-2016, 11:52 PM
Chris87
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. The car is a dream...

Originally Posted by mickfluff
Chris congrats ....... 1st post here, come clean. Did my initial post alert you to this car it already had found it? Looks like an amazing car.... I was going back and forth with the sales guy (who was slow to reply) but was told it was u see contract before I could make offer.

So tell us about the car now that you have that gem? As nice as the pics, did u go through the car and need anything? Any comparisons to other cars u may have or had in the past?

I think it's one of the nicest 996tt I have seen, wish u the best with it buddy....

More pics, details and any comments please.

Congrats
Months ago I noticed the 996TT had become a good buy, so I set out looking for an unmolested white one (fat chance). Living in Dallas, I had been periodically checking RAC's inventory and found this one. After a couple of hours of due diligence on the RUF package and RAC Performance, I decided this car might be the one and had a PPI done. Report came back clean, and the rest is history. It needed nothing, and it's now my DD.

This is my first Porsche--in fact, the second car I've owned--so can't compare it to anything. But suffice it to say it's stupid fast and drop dead gorgeous. I haven't stopped smiling since I drove it away. I'll share some more pics after the Cars and Coffee this weekend.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:44 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Chris congrats again and thanks for the update.... Hope you have good luck with the car. Please keep us updated. Amazing machine you got.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. The car is a dream...

Months ago I noticed the 996TT had become a good buy, so I set out looking for an unmolested white one (fat chance). Living in Dallas, I had been periodically checking RAC's inventory and found this one. After a couple of hours of due diligence on the RUF package and RAC Performance, I decided this car might be the one and had a PPI done. Report came back clean, and the rest is history. It needed nothing, and it's now my DD.

This is my first Porsche--in fact, the second car I've owned--so can't compare it to anything. But suffice it to say it's stupid fast and drop dead gorgeous. I haven't stopped smiling since I drove it away. I'll share some more pics after the Cars and Coffee this weekend.

Quick Reply: Texas - Anyone know this car for sale - RUF 996TT R Turbo