2003 TT, EVMOS Stage 2, CEL P1109 = No joy

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 01:00 PM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kelbahi
posting a follow up for those that may be interested

I decided to dig into this myself rather than making repeated attempts to get someone else to solve the problem.

Here is what I did - most of it does not relate directly to my CEL investigation.

1. Got a Durametric kit. Hooked up the Durametric, monitored the FRA and RKAT adaption ranges for both bank 1 and 2. Noted RKAT range for both was > +4.5% Did some research, did not find a ton of info. The following was the best write up I found. http://forums.pelicanparts.com/boxst...g-numbers.html
Happy to be educated more in this area.

1. Swapped my AWE exhaust for a stock exhaust - I did this as my kids thought it was too loud in the back. When I swapped the exhaust I noticed the post cat o2 sensors were cross threaded and not really holding well. I replaced these sensors - they now fit properly.

2. I replaced the plugs and coils. Not motivated by the CEL issue, I just did not know when were last done. The car has ~105K km on it.

3. I got part way through doing a pressure test as described here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIzmmMU-DPc. In the process, I re+re’d the left and right turbo inlets (not to mention the intercoolers when I did the coils.) I ran out of weekend before completing this, so I put everything back together with plans to try again the next weekend.

4. My battery died. I put in a new battery. The CEL codes were clear when I started the car.

I drove the car about 350 km during the week and did not see the CEL come back. I have driven another 300km since. The problem seems to be gone. Scanned with my Durametric - no issues. I rechecked the RKAT, both banks should show a trim level hovering around +3%.

While I don’t know exactly what I did that solved the issue, I’m glad it’s gone. Thanks to Sam Stone @ EVMOS for answering questions, the folks at http://www.warehouse33auto.com for the parts at a decent price, and everyone else on and offline for offering suggestions.

One remaining questions I had - is there any good information on understanding the various parameters and values monitored by the Durametric? If so where can I find this information? my googling has not turned up much.
Thanks,
/Kel
Thank you for your biz!

-Jason
Old 11-30-2016, 07:56 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 775 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishey
Evoms intake is a known problem child when it comes to MAFs
I've had EVOMS Stage II tuning and the EVOMS intake installed for over 11 years. Up until last month I had the original MAF in the car. Not a single problem with any of the three.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:36 PM
EVOMS
Former Sponsor

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Glad to hear you got it sorted, Kel. Must have been a hose that needed to be reseated, or possibly an exhaust leak. The past three months I've dealt with four problem child cars that were fixed by replacing leaky exhaust hardware, so a leak between the turbo and cat or a leak through the threads on that O2 sensor may have something to do with this.

Sam

Quick Reply: 2003 TT, EVMOS Stage 2, CEL P1109 = No joy