Sponsored by:

The 996 Turbo and Video Games

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 01:22 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
Phew you made me check which FM i had. I have FM6, thankfully. I also purchased the "porsche pack" that was offered a few months back.

Any chance you can share the "optimal" settings for some of these cars ? Tips / Tricks or how to's that most everyone over looks or not ware of ? I have approx 25 million points / dollars on FM6 however only about 100 tokens, and for the life of me, i have not gotten anymore in a LONG time, why is that ?
Porsche Pack was a lot of fun to make We spent hours and hours tweaking the individual code for many of those cars to get what we wanted out of the driving characteristics/power delivery/"feel" and in the end I feel like the testers made us neuter some of the cars/undo some work to make them easy to drive for casual players.

Yeah, what car or cars are you setting up? I've got (in my opinion) a fantastic all-around GT2RS setup, no upgrades other than tire compound and I can lap faster than the Flying Lizard cup car on many circuits if you'd be interested in giving it a try.

As far as tuning tips go, just like real world there is not really a set it and forget it, I find that I need 2-3 setups for each car for each class which I want to race in; a high-speed track setup, a low-speed track setup, and some cars have enough range to have something in the middle also. Give me some guidelines on what you want/what you are trying to do.. Real world suspension tuning has some art to it, in Forza it is all science and math. Things have linear relations to one another, its the way the algorithms in the game work.

You've maxed out the credits haha thats why you aren't getting more. Tokens are for pay to play, you only get those if you buy more with real money; given you've maxed out the credits, don't do that
Old 08-25-2016, 02:20 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

I gave up on Forza when it went to xbox1 and required new hardware for steering wheel. Switched to Project cars which has the Ruf. Didn't lke the way Forza was headed and in a direction away from endurance type racing series. We kept on asking for it and they continued to ignore.
Old 08-25-2016, 02:36 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by T10Chris
Porsche Pack was a lot of fun to make We spent hours and hours tweaking the individual code for many of those cars to get what we wanted out of the driving characteristics/power delivery/"feel" and in the end I feel like the testers made us neuter some of the cars/undo some work to make them easy to drive for casual players.

Yeah, what car or cars are you setting up? I've got (in my opinion) a fantastic all-around GT2RS setup, no upgrades other than tire compound and I can lap faster than the Flying Lizard cup car on many circuits if you'd be interested in giving it a try.

As far as tuning tips go, just like real world there is not really a set it and forget it, I find that I need 2-3 setups for each car for each class which I want to race in; a high-speed track setup, a low-speed track setup, and some cars have enough range to have something in the middle also. Give me some guidelines on what you want/what you are trying to do.. Real world suspension tuning has some art to it, in Forza it is all science and math. Things have linear relations to one another, its the way the algorithms in the game work.

You've maxed out the credits haha thats why you aren't getting more. Tokens are for pay to play, you only get those if you buy more with real money; given you've maxed out the credits, don't do that
Thanks for the information. Darn that would have been great if they would have left the "real" feel vs. "buttering it up for the masses". If their was a setting we could flip to get the real experience, that would be fantastic ! maybe for FM7 ? I'm working from home today, i'll grab the settings for my GT2RS / 4.0 and 3.6 GT3 and post. IMO it would be great if during the tuning you had 1) visual of what is going on the car while making changes 2) we had something similar to Office 365 online / google docs, where you can see every change you have done and revert back instead of having of typing stuff on my computer of certain settings so i don't forget / lose them when i make changes for track and weather conditions.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:06 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by Keo
It shouldn't be about making them money, but about spreading the experience and stimulating dreams...
Oh, I think it should be about making them money.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:28 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jumper5836
I gave up on Forza when it went to xbox1 and required new hardware for steering wheel. Switched to Project cars which has the Ruf. Didn't lke the way Forza was headed and in a direction away from endurance type racing series. We kept on asking for it and they continued to ignore.
Yep... They are not catering to the people that made the game successful, they are sort of turning their back on the car and motorsports enthusiasts. I don't want to speak ill of my former employer and projects that I have friends working on.. I feel your pain. The people in charge don't really listen to the people who work there either

Thanks for the information. Darn that would have been great if they would have left the "real" feel vs. "buttering it up for the masses". If their was a setting we could flip to get the real experience, that would be fantastic ! maybe for FM7 ? I'm working from home today, i'll grab the settings for my GT2RS / 4.0 and 3.6 GT3 and post. IMO it would be great if during the tuning you had 1) visual of what is going on the car while making changes 2) we had something similar to Office 365 online / google docs, where you can see every change you have done and revert back instead of having of typing stuff on my computer of certain settings so i don't forget / lose them when i make changes for track and weather conditions.
I agree with you about giving players the option-- its a bit complex with having it as an option in game settings because it would change so many factors for each car and there is only so much that can be put on a disk. As far as the real feel vs buttering up feel-- there are 2 school of thought there. Group 1 wants the motorsport series to be a true sim, if its too hard to drive a certain car or if a certain car has bad manners, it needs to be like that in the game and if it is too hard for someone to drive or someone's kid can't drive without crashing then turn on the assists. For the buttered up easy to drive cars for everyone, that is what the Forza Horizon series is for... Group 2 wants all the cars to be drivable for everyone, essentially the same physics and dynamics across the board except motorsport is on race tracks and horizon is open world. Group 1 is made of car guys, people who race and do driving events in their spare time, always have some sort of cool project to share.. Group 2 is marketing and publishing people.

I'll give you 1 guess as to which group wins

Yeah, definitely post up what you have and what upgrades (if any). Would be interesting to see if we have similar settings..

Im actually surprised we haven't had somewhere on a board to have a lap time challenge with a spec car/spec track since the Porsche pack came out.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:19 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd also love to hear how to set something up. I gave up. And I don't have an insignificant amount of experience with chassis setup........ I haven't even fired up the old 360 for probably a year now. When I did use it, I'd just grab a ~1:40-at-Laguna car that approximated my 993 and have at it.
Old 08-25-2016, 11:00 PM
Atrox
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Found it interesting most cars are n commercials are fake.

https://vimeo.com/171939943
Old 08-25-2016, 11:05 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Atrox

Isn't that new technology?
Old 08-25-2016, 11:26 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Here's a link screen shots directly from the xbox.
Will add 3.6

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkktdMwIXYgeiCwwlTqUVv2frBHt

p.s. i test my settings at Cataluya circuit. I can do a flat 1:51.X in the GT2RS and 1:53.5 in the 4.0 * just checked*
My target is toget as close as F1 cars do during testing (unrealistic) they do around 1:20's

Anyways to answer my own question, more newbs therefore the buttercup version wins sad state of affair ! aye..

Last edited by F1CrazyDriver; 08-26-2016 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:19 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by race911
I'd also love to hear how to set something up. I gave up. And I don't have an insignificant amount of experience with chassis setup........ I haven't even fired up the old 360 for probably a year now. When I did use it, I'd just grab a ~1:40-at-Laguna car that approximated my 993 and have at it.
It is hard to give a general idea of setup/tuning tips because every car has it's differences in efficiency of components and race car platform changes are scaled different than road car platform, but it is more mathematical and equation based to get results in Forza rather than the real world set up which to me is just as much art as science. You mention 360, which version of Forza do you play? Physics and effects are improved/updated with each version (well... at least the effort is put into it, the results aren't always what we wanted ). Generally speaking what works on one mid-engine rear car will work on another, front-rear will work on another, etc; maybe not the same numbers, but the same ratio such as what % difference in spring rate, damper rate front to rear.. IE car A works great with 300/500 springs, so if car B is similar enough platform as far as drivetrain layout/weight, but has higher max springs rate, then 600/1000 would work well. A good idea of getting the ratios in the ballpark on road car is look at race car of same platform and scale down to what will work with the window that you can change... Sorry if this is a bit unclear.. let me know and I will happy to try and clarify.

Here's a link screen shots directly from the xbox.
Will add 3.6

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkktdMwIXYgeiCwwlTqUVv2frBHt

p.s. i test my settings at Cataluya circuit. I can do a flat 1:51.X in the GT2RS and 1:53.5 in the 4.0 * just checked*
My target is toget as close as F1 cars do during testing (unrealistic) they do around 1:20's

Anyways to answer my own question, more newbs therefore the buttercup version wins sad state of affair ! aye..
What upgrades have you installed, do you know the performance index? I test at Spa and Sonoma to get my 2 "tunes". Looks like you have the upgrade aero and diff, gear ratios, maybe more? I'm running race compound tires, rest is stock.

If you want to try something different and see what you think, I run much more aggressive camber than you do, and my ride height raked with rear slightly higher, also much stiffer springs and damper settings. I don't remember the toe and caster I have on my 2RS, but it looks slightly different. Our tire pressures are similar so you're on target there. The sweet spot for max grip is warm temps 32-34 degrees. Try to adjust your brake balance more towards rear, you should be able to decrease the braking distance a bit. This is all just shooting off the top of my head, I will get on tonight and post my settings and see what I can do at Catalunya.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:44 PM
Keo
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That's just awesome... wow
Old 08-26-2016, 06:26 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

The Blackbird was just released in June of this year, so I don't think we are at a level of "most car commercials are fake".
Old 08-27-2016, 02:14 AM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

T10Chris,

You got me hooked again on FM6. Question. Sorry for comparison however, does FM6 have telemetry data one can overlay for analyst with other laps, like GT 2 or GT 3 had for playstation...
Old 08-28-2016, 05:46 PM
Evolved Rs
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst48522_Tuning-Guide-for-FM6.aspx

This guide has helped me further understand how to tune in FM6. I'm not the fastest but in the modern gt lobby where it's dominated by the Aston DBR9, I'm maybe 1-2 sec off pace using the Flying lizard RSR.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:02 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

T10Chris,

You got me hooked again on FM6. Question. Sorry for comparison however, does FM6 have telemetry data one can overlay for analyst with other laps, like GT 2 or GT 3 had for playstation...
Glad you are getting into it We should try to be online and play some time.

Nah comparison is good and honestly another GT game needs to come out and blow people away so Forza gets more production money

I think the feature you want is not available, there is telemetry while driving and watching replay, but no way to overlay one replay lap vs another.

Quick Reply: The 996 Turbo and Video Games