Sponsored by:

FS: 996TT manual trans. instrument cluster with silver dials / bezels

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 06:37 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,721 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Default FS: 996TT manual trans. instrument cluster with silver dials / bezels

I have an OEM 996TT manual transmission instrument cluster for sale with optional silver dials and bezels. The instrument cluster was removed from my car a year ago when I installed a GT2 cluster and I have had it in storage since. It is mint and in perfect working condition without any marks or scratches. The mileage has been reset to "0" and as such you can take this to any dealer and they will be able to program it with PIWIS/PST2 for your 996TT including the mileage. This is very important as the dealer can only program the mileage on an instrument cluster as long as the mileage is less than 100km (62miles). New this cluster retails for over $3000.

I am selling this for $995 plus $35 shipping insured via Fedex. Buyer is responsible for any paypal fees.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/GUXUNC]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/HMKRNE]
Old 06-05-2016, 02:30 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just curious why you got a GT2 cluster? To my knowledge, there is no difference.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:16 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,721 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Just curious why you got a GT2 cluster? To my knowledge, there is no difference.
The GT2 and TT clusters are different. The GT2 cluster does not have the PSM logic programmed into it. As a result, you can remove the whole PSM system from the car and you will not get any warnings popping up in the GT2 cluster as you would with the TT cluster. The car basically thinks it's a GT2. The TT cluster is "looking" for a signal from the PSM pump. When it doesn't receive it, it trips the PSM fail message along with the yellow PSM bulb. The PSM message can be cancelled but it pops up every 30 minutes.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:29 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by powdrhound
The GT2 and TT clusters are different. The GT2 cluster does not have the PSM logic programmed into it. As a result, you can remove the whole PSM system from the car and you will not get any warnings popping up in the GT2 cluster as you would with the TT cluster. The car basically thinks it's a GT2. The TT cluster is "looking" for a signal from the PSM pump. When it doesn't receive it, it trips the PSM fail message along with the yellow PSM bulb. The PSM message can be cancelled but it pops up every 30 minutes.
Ahhhh! Thanks for the info! Learn something new everyday. Aesthetically they look the same, so had me scratching my head. Thanks a lot for your explanation, I'll definitely file that one away in my memory banks!

Quick Reply: FS: 996TT manual trans. instrument cluster with silver dials / bezels