Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 11:29 AM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by Saoirse32
Why would I think cabs lose more values-
Have you looked at prices?
Yep, and I see plenty of $30-35k coupes and no cabs at that level. I also don't see nearly as many cabs for sale overall, and there were a lot less built over a much shorter time. Maybe you can find a cab listed for cheap but it will be the exception, not the rule.

Buy what you want - I like the cab better than the coupe, so it was worth more to me. I don't miss my 2001 TT coupe at all.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:38 AM
mffarrell
Drifting

Received 237 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by leftlane
Yep, and I see plenty of $30-35k coupes and no cabs at that level. I also don't see nearly as many cabs for sale overall, and there were a lot less built over a much shorter time. Maybe you can find a cab listed for cheap but it will be the exception, not the rule.

Buy what you want - I like the cab better than the coupe, so it was worth more to me. I don't miss my 2001 TT coupe at all.
Get one of each, that's what I did.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:49 PM
Saoirse32
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leftlane

Ok, gotta ask, where and in what condition are you finding $30k coupes? BTW, I do agree, buy what you want, no doubt. However, the thread topic centered on "investment" and there is no doubt the coupe will give one a better return.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:53 PM
kmagnuss
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

In my neck of the woods cabs fetch as much as coupes. I think the norm on here for the 'purists' is that the coupe is worth more... and I agree on a personal level. However in the real world for "joe wantsaporsh" a cab is as much if not more desirable.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:39 AM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by Saoirse32
Ok, gotta ask, where and in what condition are you finding $30k coupes? BTW, I do agree, buy what you want, no doubt. However, the thread topic centered on "investment" and there is no doubt the coupe will give one a better return.
Lots of places, tons of miles, poor condition - unless you believe the guys who say they got an X50 with 20k miles and mint condition for $32k. They usually start a lot of threads a few weeks later asking for help on failing components.

I still don't see how there is "no doubt" the coupes will give you a better return since none of the 996TTs have shown to be a good investment yet. Way too many produced - I wouldn't be hanging on hoping to hit a ten bagger, that's for sure.

Quick Reply: 996 turbo investment?