Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pricing vs 7

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 10:12 PM
WOTever
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the 996tt better than all other iterations, I think the headlights are awesome.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:08 AM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WOTever
I like the 996tt better than all other iterations, I think the headlights are awesome.
The headlights on the 996TT appeal to me as well. As a whole the exterior of the 996TT seems more sleek. I like the interior of the 997 series much better though.

If I could only find a 996TT for sale in Riviera Blue I wouldn't give a damn about the interior.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:43 PM
GDI
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As I think about 996tt vs 997tt, I think what will move me to the 996 is that it can take the GT3 console delete. I need all the room I can get and that kit made a yyyouuuuge difference in my comfort in my C4.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:53 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by GDI
it can take the GT3 console delete. I need all the room I can get and that kit made a yyyouuuuge difference in my comfort in my C4.
i want one of this dang kits and I'm waiting for my buddy timbo down under in oz to get well and bring it over here! i think it's a great delete and those cubby's and cd holders are stupid. well,.. i guess my phone does fit in one.. but still,.. meh..
Old 04-27-2016, 08:13 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by SirChonkyFire
I was referring to a 2005 996 Turbo S, which is a rare car, especially a coupe with a manual. 70k for a just a normal 996 Turbo, is too high as there is a nice 2001 for sale with 13k miles for 52k on here, and am suprised it has not been picked up, I'm guessing if it was a X50 car it would be gone already. If you read the reviews of the 997.1T when it came out even the professials complained that the car felt off, and were relieved that Porsche fixed it in the 7.2T, so it's not just the 996s fanatics talking crap.
Less than 100 MT Coupe 2005 TTS cars were ever sold to the NA market, so a very low numbered "special" indeed.

I have the same discussion when comparing the 996 GT3 with it's 997 counterpart. Many differences in style and some lesser differences in performance, but to me, the 996 will always be the more raw, more focused example and will always put a bigger grin on my face. The 996 was the last of the breed, before the liability issues kicked in, and all the "nannies" arrived to protect us from ourselves. To me, the 996, both the TT and GT3 models, are the purer example of Porsches primary intent. Let's go drive em gang

BTW, the console delete kit in my GT3 is incredible. One of my favorite mods. I didn't realize they could be used in the TT cars as well. Cool!!!
Old 04-27-2016, 08:52 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Originally Posted by christallon
Less than 100 MT Coupe 2005 TTS cars were ever sold to the NA market, so a very low numbered "special" indeed.

I have the same discussion when comparing the 996 GT3 with it's 997 counterpart. Many differences in style and some lesser differences in performance, but to me, the 996 will always be the more raw, more focused example and will always put a bigger grin on my face. The 996 was the last of the breed, before the liability issues kicked in, and all the "nannies" arrived to protect us from ourselves. To me, the 996, both the TT and GT3 models, are the purer example of Porsches primary intent. Let's go drive em gang

BTW, the console delete kit in my GT3 is incredible. One of my favorite mods. I didn't realize they could be used in the TT cars as well. Cool!!!
yeah, agree.. all this discussion has reminded me of how much i want that console delete. clean uncluttered look. the pic threads and the ride i just took also reminded me how lucky we are to even have these since they really do kick a**.

i can't even imagine what having a new 991ts outside might be like! ( geez, i really love those things ) but i think i'd find a way around some of the intrusive nanny aids that i have and will try to eliminate. that psm pump is next

i just caught this..in your gt3 is it an actual "delete kit" or is is that they just never had the console there? i haven't any seat time in a gt3.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:28 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

It's actually a delete kit. It comes with carpet and a few pieces of hardware to make it all work. My car came with it already done. Opens up the cabin so nicely and allows for more leg freedom especially the left thigh and knee area.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:07 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Originally Posted by christallon
It's actually a delete kit. It comes with carpet and a few pieces of hardware to make it all work. My car came with it already done. Opens up the cabin so nicely and allows for more leg freedom especially the left thigh and knee area.
yes, i've seen it, but not in person, thanks...

my bud tim that frequents this room as well as the 6 informs me that his console delete will in fact make it to me at some point, so i'm stoked to someday soon get all that crap out of the way. i've wanted to gt3 console delete for years now LOL

also, he's fighting some nasty stuff so anyone that knows him from here or the other joint that might be inclined to send prayers, good thoughts, or wishes for a speedy recovery..or whatever one is inclined to do his way. he could really use them about now.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:44 AM
gophaster
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, GT3 console delete is on my 996TT To Do list. I already have the Alcantara steering wheel and shifter on the car (like GT3 pic below), console delete is next for me.

This is the look I'm after, love the simplicity of the dash and without the console it has more of that old school vibe. I am actually considering putting a cubby/shelf in place of the radio too!!

I think this is gorgeous...

Name:  2004-Porsche-911-GT3-RS-Dashboard-1024x768_zpshtzaczhc.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  166.9 KB[/URL]

Below is Kaizu's car from 6speed, he went full hardcore and did the delete + no more radio

Name:  porsche-996-techart-gt-street-c734209112015211918_6_zpscuw9u3bb.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  179.5 KB[/URL]
Old 04-28-2016, 10:48 AM
Berra
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, alcantara steering wheel! Where can I find one? Or have you done your stock one? Looks fantastic and would go perfect with my alcantara roof!
Old 04-28-2016, 11:25 AM
gophaster
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The pic I posted is of a gt3. For my car I purchased a spare oem steering wheel (so that I could put away my original steering wheel) and had that wheel re-done in dark charcoal Alcantara with red center stripe and red stitching. Then I bought an OEM GT3RS shifter from Suncoast which is Alcantara w red stitching as in the pic above. I can post a pic later

Originally Posted by Berra
Wow, alcantara steering wheel! Where can I find one? Or have you done your stock one? Looks fantastic and would go perfect with my alcantara roof!
Old 04-28-2016, 12:19 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Originally Posted by gophaster
Yes, GT3 console delete is on my 996TT To Do list. I already have the Alcantara steering wheel and shifter on the car (like GT3 pic below), console delete is next for me.
alcantara is a double edged material. if/when it gets "dirty" it's nasty. i need to replace my center console thats covered w it and its just funky after a decade. the console delete the front bits need to go in..for the center i need arctic silver ( geez, i hate L92 or whatever that paint code is lol ) and some other alum bits. like the instrument cluster surrounds.. i cant find em, but i bet fvd has em for like 400 bucks. little alum circles! sheesh. couple more alum bits like my old alum shifter..goes nicely with my raid wheel and the tequipment bar

can't go wrong with leather and alum bits.

for those who favor alcantara steering wheels.. wear gloves!! i think(?) dctms specializes in alcantara remakes of the oem wheel in any variety of colors etc. also raid makes em.

add: your pic is proof that i need that delete kit, for sure.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:12 PM
Berra
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The pic I posted is of a gt3. For my car I purchased a spare oem steering wheel (so that I could put away my original steering wheel) and had that wheel re-done in dark charcoal Alcantara with red center stripe and red stitching. Then I bought an OEM GT3RS shifter from Suncoast which is Alcantara w red stitching as in the pic above. I can post a pic later
Do that, would love to see it

Originally Posted by "02996ttx50
alcantara is a double edged material. if/when it gets "dirty" it's nasty. i need to replace my center console thats covered w it and its just funky after a decade.
You're supposed to clean it from time to time, but most don't and that's why it gets dirty and ugly.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:17 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

ha! who knew.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:14 PM
GDI
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Below is Kaizu's car from 6speed, he went full hardcore and did the delete + no more radio

[/URL]

I did almost the same thing to my C4 but kept a radio. My plan is to put the console and stock wheel back in when I sell it and move up to a tt, then immediately transfer the T96 wheel and delete to the turbo. Here is my interior, lots of legroom (on the right at least).

BTW, I am sure you all know that FXFirst has a delete kit the also raises the shifter and center console up a couple inches and can be order with space for the HVAC controls. Not quite as clean, but still gets rid of you useless console and cassette holders...

Quick Reply: Pricing vs 7