Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo tires... I couldn't do it...

Old 02-10-2016, 06:29 PM
vogz
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Carlo needs to read this book...
Poorly Made in China: An Insider's Account of the China Production Game: Paul Midler: 9780470928073: Amazon.com: Books Poorly Made in China: An Insider's Account of the China Production Game: Paul Midler: 9780470928073: Amazon.com: Books
Old 02-10-2016, 06:37 PM
Road King
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

switching back to the tire topic, the Falken RT615K ONLY comes in GT2 sizes, they don't make a 295/30.

http://www.falkentire.com/tires/car-...is-rt615k-tire

Rob, have you run 235s or 245s up front? They are about the same height at 25.5 and 25.6", but the 245 is wider (9.1" vs. 8.7").
Old 02-10-2016, 07:54 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,429 Posts

I do not need to read about Chinese production quality, I have lived it.
You think they made it to moon by accident? Have you even been to China?

You need to read a book, or even just a news article, about post war industrial production in Japan.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:02 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vogz
Really? Show me one that states the rises were nearly identical. Japan was war torn after WWII and had no choice but to do exactly as the Allies wished. China to this day hasn't gone through what Japan went through during and after WWII. Japan's rise didn't lead to cities sitting empty, massive pollution and the majority of the population continuing to live in poverty.

Near exact similarities!

Wrong wrong and wrong.

China hasn't sent a manned flight around the moon. Only unmanned, and almost 50 years AFTER the NASA landed a manned spacecraft ON the moon.

China doesn't have a space station. They are "planning" to put one in orbit in 2020, but planning and doing are two different things.

China also didn't design and build their own ballistic missiles. They took Soviet designs and reverse engineered them, and later purchased nuclear technology directly from the Soviets.

Since you clearly didn't before, you can read all about it here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_space_program

Manufacturing defects or design flaws in a handful of products isn't the same as all Chinese tires sucking.

Face it, Chinese brands are simply second rate.

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2014/4/1...-Suck-7719697/

Pull some more crap out of your butt so I can prove you wrong again....
China is coming out of decades of strict authoritarian communism which decimated their creativity, engineering prowess and industrial capacity. Very similar to the state Japan was in after WWII.

As I wrote earlier, China tapped Soviet talent to aid their rocket programs just the same way the USA tapped German scientists to aid theirs.

Yes, all Chinese tires suck and all those millions of cars over there driving around on them are all crashing all the time from defective tires.

And I will ask again, have you even been to China?
Old 02-10-2016, 08:06 PM
vogz
Racer

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
I do not need to read about Chinese production quality, I have lived it.

You think they made it to moon by accident? Have you even been to China?

You need to read a book, or even just a news article, about post war industrial production in Japan.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:07 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Have you even been to China? Or Japan?
Old 02-10-2016, 09:41 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

what are you guys taking about about? if we need a rocket that works, we buy it from what "used" to be referred to as the "USSR". meet the new boss, same as the old boss. NASA was created by our government importing ***** because we liked their V2's!. are you people stupid? or just merely uninformed? it's ok. it happens.

oh, if only chinese tires were our biggest best problems lol. that's NOTHING! its just CHEAPER to make stuff at prison camp wages ( read communist ) wages. wtf do you think they are "DOING" here?

giving "us" raises?? oh f*ck it. lets just raise a toast to globalization, shall we?
Old 02-10-2016, 09:47 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 331 Posts

Running stock GT2 tire and wheel sizes...235/40 and 315/30...more front tire would be nice, but I'd probably want it to be on a 9/9.5" wheel
Originally Posted by seanl
switching back to the tire topic, the Falken RT615K ONLY comes in GT2 sizes, they don't make a 295/30.

http://www.falkentire.com/tires/car-...is-rt615k-tire

Rob, have you run 235s or 245s up front? They are about the same height at 25.5 and 25.6", but the 245 is wider (9.1" vs. 8.7").
Old 02-11-2016, 12:01 AM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 151 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by 993GT
Running stock GT2 tire and wheel sizes...235/40 and 315/30...more front tire would be nice, but I'd probably want it to be on a 9/9.5" wheel
I thought GT2 size wheels are 8.5"F & 12"R.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:38 AM
vogz
Racer

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
Have you even been to China? Or Japan?
Ok, let's back up a few steps here. You clearly cannot admit to being wrong about ANYTHING. Over the 8 months that I've been here it's obvious that you are one of the 996 Turbo forum's "know it all's". I finally decided to throw my line out there and you took the bait. It's also obvious you have a hard on for China. That's cool. No one is judging. I want to clarify my position and be done since this has been a pretty bad thread jack.

I have traveled to both China and Japan. Though, I fail to see how that is relevant to this argument.

Your assertion is that China is the next "Japan". That's like anyone saying "xxx" is the next Michael Jordan. It's a stupid comparison. China will never be Japan and Japan was never China because it's a different country with a different culture. Coming of age at a different time under different circumstances.

I'm simply saying that Japan produced quality products very early on in their "industrial revolution". China has yet to do so. In fact, I can't think of a single Chinese brand that anyone would name in the same sentence with the word "quality". China designs and produces crap. Plain and simple.

Cheers.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:41 AM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 331 Posts

Yessir Jim! 18x8.5 and 18x12" with 235/40-18 and 315/30-18.
When increasing the front tire width, an accompanying 9 or 9.5" wide wheel would be nice
Originally Posted by James88
I thought GT2 size wheels are 8.5"F & 12"R.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:38 AM
Jabrony
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can't afford to treat your car properly just sell it. Go buy a Suburu and don't worry about being cheap.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:42 AM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Ok, let's back up a few steps here. You clearly cannot admit to being wrong about ANYTHING. Over the 8 months that I've been here it's obvious that you are one of the 996 Turbo forum's "know it all's". I finally decided to throw my line out there and you took the bait. It's also obvious you have a hard on for China. That's cool. No one is judging. I want to clarify my position and be done since this has been a pretty bad thread jack.

I have traveled to both China and Japan. Though, I fail to see how that is relevant to this argument.

Your assertion is that China is the next "Japan". That's like anyone saying "xxx" is the next Michael Jordan. It's a stupid comparison. China will never be Japan and Japan was never China because it's a different country with a different culture. Coming of age at a different time under different circumstances.

I'm simply saying that Japan produced quality products very early on in their "industrial revolution". China has yet to do so. In fact, I can't think of a single Chinese brand that anyone would name in the same sentence with the word "quality". China designs and produces crap. Plain and simple.

Cheers.
So really you are saying this whole thing was just an ambush attack on me?

As for China only ever making crap you could not be more wrong and as I wrote I have personal experience with it. I have lived it. A long time friend of mine's USA roller bearing manufacturing company was put out of business by a Chinese competitor. I asked him flat out if their bearings were inferior quality. He said, "No, thats the problem."

That is why I asked if you have been to China. Even though you say you have I have hard time believing it because everyone I know who has been to China, including myself, understands the future being built there.

In the next couple of decades we will see how the perspective of Chinese manufacturing changes from crap to quality, or not. Just stick around for it, I am relatively young so I'll still be here. In the meantime if you see no value in my posts put me on "ignore".
Old 02-11-2016, 11:24 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

i've momentarily misplaced my foil hat, but it goes something like this:

large groups of ceo's of multinational corporate entities get together in places like davos in CH and eat drink, ski and informally "talk" and plan their next big moves like should porsce be made in michoacan? or ... and they make far reaching decisions as to where stuff "gets made" that will maximize their bottom line vis vis costs vs finished products.

why do we suppose cadillacs and many more US subsidized auto factory's are made in china and vw passats are made in mexico, and why do you think that certain people occasionally stick their necks out and have them quickly severed.

it's about global economics not "quality control". QC has gone the way of the smith corona typewriter and the end goal is not to "make stuff last" any longer.

the technology is not tied or beholden to any geographic area, country or political bent. the only concern is that the few humans left to oversee the robots to watch the few remaining humans who are responsible for the majority of the actual "labor"! must never again, rise up against their managers and just ensure "they" don't ever again unionize or band together in any organized way.

this is bad for business. lol at times i feel like upton sinclair

Last edited by "02996ttx50; 02-11-2016 at 11:45 AM.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:01 PM
rmc1148
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Upton lived a better longer life than Lewis= probably not as interesting. I'm a capitalist at heart but there's no heart in capitalism anymore lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turbo tires... I couldn't do it...