Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio install and now alarm double beeps?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 01:34 AM
Third-Reef
Three Wheelin'

Received 160 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Radio install and now alarm double beeps?

Just completed a double din install with a Pioneer head unit. Car is a 02 that had the becker cassete unit has the Bose sub and it has the amp in the frunk that is driven from the speaker outputs not the RCA. Everything works great, even the BT phone sounds awesome with the crazy drone i have from from the exhaust. But now my horn beeps when i lock the doors. I think this means the inside infrared motion sense is off. Read up a little and i grounded the radio security wire, but it made no difference. Any ideas?
Just noticed the title, it actually only single beeps.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:04 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Third-Reef
Just completed a double din install with a Pioneer head unit. Car is a 02 that had the becker cassete unit has the Bose sub and it has the amp in the frunk that is driven from the speaker outputs not the RCA. Everything works great, even the BT phone sounds awesome with the crazy drone i have from from the exhaust. But now my horn beeps when i lock the doors. I think this means the inside infrared motion sense is off. Read up a little and i grounded the radio security wire, but it made no difference. Any ideas?
Just noticed the title, it actually only single beeps.
There are folks over in the 997 forum that would pay for this "option". One beep usually indicates a fault (door not closed, glove compartment not closed, etc.) I also remember reading that install of aftermarket radio can cause this too..unfortunately I don't know the reason - maybe a search will turn something up.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:58 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,243 Likes on 780 Posts

As I recall, there is an alarm connection to the OE head unit. If you remove the OE unit, then you have to deal with that wire (a brown wire, I believe). It as been a while and I'm just going from memory, but I think yo have to ground it somewhere behind the new radio. You should be able to find something in old threads.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:34 PM
Third-Reef
Three Wheelin'

Received 160 Likes on 114 Posts

I did ground the alarm wire. Just did some more searching and it looks like i need to un-ground it. I will give it a try this afternoon and report back.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:13 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,243 Likes on 780 Posts

Good luck!
Old 02-09-2016, 04:25 PM
TheDeckMan
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 233 Posts

There is a little ground tab on the left side of the head unit case. You can bend it out of the way so it does not make contact or put some electrical tape over it to prevent the alarm beep/alarm going off randomly.

Quick Reply: Radio install and now alarm double beeps?