Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone check kbb lately?

Old 02-10-2016, 04:36 PM
TheDeckMan
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by rmc1148
Not only that but they have no desire by the numbers to own a home or be self sufficient .
Very true. There are the exceptions, but not that many by and large.

Even being in the so called "millennial generation", not even offended in the slightest. Guess that happens when spending years in the garages wrenching with the boomers, thick skin or GTFO!
Old 02-10-2016, 04:45 PM
rmc1148
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

When I was growing up owning a nice car/home and being on your own was the target shared by most everyone I knew. We need more like Deckman.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:16 PM
TheDeckMan
Rennlist Member

When I was growing up owning a nice car/home and being on your own was the target shared by most everyone I knew. We need more like Deckman.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:45 PM
ANJ-911
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

If you think the pajama boy ratio is 1:1,000 - you're watching Fox News far too often.

I don't believe owning a nice car and a home makes you more self sufficient than renting and riding your bike to work, for instance. Or how one of these options is more admirable than the other, and it's definitely not something everyone needs to aspire to. It's all a matter of lifestyle preference, different things make sense for different people. I own two cars and now a home - yes it's nice to have these things and I take some pride in them but I also enjoyed the freedom of knowing I wasn't as location bound (mortgage, responsibilities) when renting an modest apartment, walking to work, and only using my car when necessary. In my opinion people are far more creative in designing the lifestyles they want to live nowadays instead of following old school societal norms expecting they'll make them happy, which is awesome!

Originally Posted by Veggantilles
This is the first used car I have purchased, it's nice to see that a car that I purchased a year ago and put 10,000 miles on can in theory be worth what I paid for it (minus taxes and stupid drivetrain extended warranty).
My bad for diverting this thread way off topic Veggantilles! It's definitely nice that the values seem to be working their way upwards. Mine is showing up on KBB as being worth about $7K more now than it did 2 years ago with 6K less miles on it.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:16 AM
TheDeckMan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ANJ-911
If you think the pajama boy ratio is 1:1,000 - you're watching Fox News far too often.

I don't believe owning a nice car and a home makes you more self sufficient than renting and riding your bike to work, for instance. Or how one of these options is more admirable than the other, and it's definitely not something everyone needs to aspire to. It's all a matter of lifestyle preference, different things make sense for different people. I own two cars and now a home - yes it's nice to have these things and I take some pride in them but I also enjoyed the freedom of knowing I wasn't as location bound (mortgage, responsibilities) when renting an modest apartment, walking to work, and only using my car when necessary. In my opinion people are far more creative in designing the lifestyles they want to live nowadays instead of following old school societal norms expecting they'll make them happy, which is awesome!

My bad for diverting this thread way off topic Veggantilles! It's definitely nice that the values seem to be working their way upwards. Mine is showing up on KBB as being worth about $7K more now than it did 2 years ago with 6K less miles on it.

What is Fox News? Newest reality television show?

Down to meet up some time this summer Andrew at Palmer for a track day? Congrats on the house by the way

As for the millennials, employing a lot of them these days I personally have been shocked by the number of them that are not motivated to change anything in order to better themselves or even save for retirement even with an matching IRA plan provided. There are exceptions to this like Andrew, myself and others that put our noses to the grind stone and bust butt to be positive contributors and paving our own way.

The quick to be offended types are entertaining being that this is the internet and it is almost impossible to detect sarcasm and joking unless you know the poster well enough to read between the lines.

But I digress and lets get back onto topic. The increase in KBB value should help keep lots of these out of the typical hack tuner crowd due to them typically not being able to afford something without 100% financing.

Looking for another 6TT in the near future to add to the garage as driver, most likely in the 100k mile range.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:08 PM
ANJ-911
Instructor

Originally Posted by TheDeckMan
Down to meet up some time this summer Andrew at Palmer for a track day? Congrats on the house by the way

As for the millennials, employing a lot of them these days I personally have been shocked by the number of them that are not motivated to change anything in order to better themselves or even save for retirement even with an matching IRA plan provided. There are exceptions to this like Andrew, myself and others that put our noses to the grind stone and bust butt to be positive contributors and paving our own way.
Thanks! It feels good to be a homeowner. Now that I have my own garage, the turbo will miss its friends from last summer though:

We'll definitely have to meet up this summer! If not Palmer, I plan on going to Jay Peak for the Porsche Parade in June for a few days, would be sweet to caravan up there!

There are definitely a lot of millennials that carry a sense of entitlement/are bums, but every generation had its fair share of bums, and I don't thing the majority of millennials are a bunch of "pajama boy pussies". The exception being places like Brooklyn, where I assume rick brooklyn lives, and based on my visits there 99.9% of the millennials may be pajama boy pussies, ha.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:30 PM
Shadetree930
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

The drumbeats in the jungle are getting louder and faster .....

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/...-turbo-review/

Some of the observations in the article are a little suspect but the general theme of rising prices continues.

Last edited by Shadetree930; 02-11-2016 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:33 PM
rmc1148
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Says article no longer there?
Old 02-11-2016, 01:23 PM
Shadetree930
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Says article no longer there?
Fixed
Old 02-11-2016, 02:23 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,429 Posts

The article mentions possible rust in the front wheel wells and door sills. Anyone ever seen that?
Old 02-11-2016, 02:59 PM
z06801
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
The article mentions possible rust in the front wheel wells and door sills. Anyone ever seen that?
Hmmmm maybe in the UK? I don't think I have ever seen rust on a undamaged 996turbo.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:12 PM
WOTever
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There seems to be a bust in KBBs system, in the 997 forum they report price surging upward by 20% from Dec to Jan16.
Makes no sense...
Old 02-11-2016, 03:50 PM
ANJ-911
Instructor

Originally Posted by WOTever
There seems to be a bust in KBBs system, in the 997 forum they report price surging upward by 20% from Dec to Jan16.
Makes no sense...
Yea that is interesting. Based on the KBB website they receive data from several sources daily. Maybe they don't evaluate that data daily and just updated it at year end?

http://www.kbb.com/car-advice/car-se...e-book-values/
Old 02-11-2016, 04:34 PM
TheDeckMan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
Glad I am not the only one shock by that.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:31 PM
MadWhip
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been thinking to sell mine, but meh. even my Wife says to keep it, -I'm pretty pretty sure the price will go up....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone check kbb lately?