Sponsored by:

Greetings from the PNW (new owner)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 01:09 AM
Engineisoutback
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 996_soon
Congrats! Turbo looks awesome with those wheels. How does it ride with the JIC Cross RS Coil overs?

Just so you know, My brother had a x50 in the past, so this is what I'm basing my standard/review on.

IMHO, this set up would be considered 40/60 street/track. They are well made and for their price hold an awesome value. They are pretty progressive, however regardless of how I have tried to set them up they are still a lot more aggressive compared to a stock tt suspension.
As to spring rates the values came in 8/12 kg and 7/11 kg, (front/back) respectively. Even with the softer springs I'm not sure how less aggressive they would be, or if they would be to your liking.

There have been a few reviews on these fourms in the past, and I think for the most part those reviews mimic mine.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:41 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 160 Likes on 115 Posts

Welcome, neighbor enjoy it! Car looks great. I saw your car before it was yours on the lot at Park Place when driving past, it looked super clean and your photos confirm it. Congratulations

Originally Posted by docboy
Congratz! I think I saw that car at Park Place, and recall its asking price was pretty fair. How are you enjoying it so far?

Are you planning on putting a front license plate? I hear from local p-car owners some cops are out to ticket those without a front license plate, which IMHO is a frivolous waste of police resources.
I haven't had front plate in almost 3 years on my previous Porsches and currently my turbo, no trouble so far. Now that I say that, I will get pulled over on the way home My car has the bumper holes for a mounting bracket, so I keep the front plate and a broken front plate mounting bracket in the front storage compartment (its an actual Porsche bracket, damaged from a previous car) and hope I can get away with a sob story about it being broken off in parking lot by a careless driver backing into me should I get stopped....
Old 02-03-2016, 12:57 PM
docboy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T10Chris
Welcome, neighbor enjoy it! Car looks great. I saw your car before it was yours on the lot at Park Place when driving past, it looked super clean and your photos confirm it. Congratulations

I haven't had front plate in almost 3 years on my previous Porsches and currently my turbo, no trouble so far. Now that I say that, I will get pulled over on the way home My car has the bumper holes for a mounting bracket, so I keep the front plate and a broken front plate mounting bracket in the front storage compartment (its an actual Porsche bracket, damaged from a previous car) and hope I can get away with a sob story about it being broken off in parking lot by a careless driver backing into me should I get stopped....
That sob story is a pretty good MO

Buddy of mine also has a turbo, and no front license plate for past few years. No ticket thus far...

I'm wondering if there's a simple and cheap "strap on band" one can use to put on the front plate instead.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:19 PM
Engineisoutback
Intermediate

Originally Posted by docboy
That sob story is a pretty good MO

Buddy of mine also has a turbo, and no front license plate for past few years. No ticket thus far...

I'm wondering if there's a simple and cheap "strap on band" one can use to put on the front plate instead.

Good question... I've researched and viewed a bunch of different front plate options for cars. Google/rennlist search is your friend. The coolest one is probably the electric flip up/down plate holder. You can find them on amazon but I'm not sure about the quality of that unit. Or if it would be negated by a lowered car.
I've also seen a people Velcro/zip tie/bolt their front plates to their cars. IMO the easiest and cleanest option would be to use the front bumper tow point coupled with one of the many anodized mounting plate/brackets that are available. This option would make it super easy to pull off if I were to go to Porshce drive in or show.
I don't like the look of center mounted plates that are placed between the two outboard radiators.
The police in my area love to pull over WA state plated cars without a front plate. So chancing that is a non-option.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:48 PM
rmc1148
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Agree that the tow hook attachment looks the best and easiest to remove when not wanted.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:06 PM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice.....Bring it to opening day of Exotic @ Redmond Town Center late March (Facebook website keeps up to date - weather etc).

Lots of Porsches - here's a pic:

Old 02-03-2016, 02:11 PM
Engineisoutback
Intermediate

Wink

Nice... well hopefully calling yourself out does not jinx your mojo lol...

In our sleepy town anything to pull someone over is usually the case.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:17 PM
Engineisoutback
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Hothonda
Nice.....Bring it to opening day of Exotic @ Redmond Town Center late March (Facebook website keeps up to date - weather etc).

Lots of Porsches - here's a pic:

Very cool, thanks for the invite! I will make every effort to go! I'm trying to make it Girots this weekend for their monthly "Caffeine and Gasoline" get together.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/griots...7629756267724/
Old 02-03-2016, 02:40 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 160 Likes on 115 Posts

Nice to see a lot of PNW guys around here! Exotics at RTC is a great event. I haven't been to the Griot's event before, looks pretty cool from the pics.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:53 PM
Veggantilles
Intermediate

Good to see another turbo owner up here!
Old 02-03-2016, 07:47 PM
Engineisoutback
Intermediate

Nice to see a lot of PNW guys around here! Exotics at RTC is a great event. I haven't been to the Griot's event before, looks pretty cool from the pics.
You should try to make one of their outings. I've only been to get togethers at Maxrpm in Bremerton. I heard that Girots has a great vibe and since I use their products this will be a great excuse to spend a Saturday morning in February to hang out.
Old 02-04-2016, 12:17 AM
Andover Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

Beautiful car -- congratulations!
Old 02-04-2016, 01:24 AM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 171 Posts

Nice! Congrats and welcome!
Old 02-04-2016, 08:22 AM
Engineisoutback
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kcattorney
Nice! Congrats and welcome!
Thanks! I noticed your profile pic. I did 2 cruises with S3's, Air Wing 7... (Prior Prowler/Hornet mech).. Fly Navy!
Old 02-04-2016, 12:35 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

the most efficient and least obtrusive solution to any plate holder I've seen or use is the one the use; the tow hook receptacle and merely screws in/out in a few turns at will. with the plate itself backed unto the metal/plastic adjustable piece that screws into the receptacle itself.
i leave the actual "tow hook" always connected to so there is always a 2 inch piece of metal protruding from that hole at all times plate on OR off, but i figure it's small price to pay i have so many tickets on PCH where for example giving out "no front plate" tickets is a contest, rather than a mere ajdunct to parking controls officers "job".

this is also true for cities like LA or calabasas where they are very diligent indeed about handing out those ( YOU LOSE! ) $25.00 coupons.

up in the designated "driving areas" of the santa monica mountains the LEO's do not care at ALL about that infraction and NEVER use that as an excuse to light someone it's a different story.

Quick Reply: Greetings from the PNW (new owner)