Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 10:34 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

bauer, while my post wasn't "directed" at you or what you said per se? ( i didn't quote you?, did i?? ) my "bloggng/venting" and generally thinking out loud here and elsewhere online generally undirected at or to any particular person or post. however in that regard, it probably WAS your mention ( lf it was in fact you leaning toward a triple tilton) that probably prompted my "ire" as i'd be willing to bet your car as IS would be handled adequately and with less non oem dysfunctionality that an oem setup ( i.e. ) than what's often referred to as a 'sachs 2.5" clutch setup would provide.

so to answer your first question? sorta yes, and sorta no.

but never hurts to "plan ahead", does it.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:36 AM
32krazy!
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by "02996ttx50
just one more guy that "overparts" his car lol.

you guys that drag race your porsches deserve whatever you get. this triple ttilton madness is in included in that estimation.

the porsche 996 turbo. the rich man's miata. you guys are just un- fkn believable. sacrilege is what it is LOL.

put oem sachs components in your car and know they were built for it.
LED tailights now thats friggin sacrilege!! trying to make a 996 into a 997 with fugly front end daytime driving lights and tailights. truly unbelieveable!

the truth is these cars can produce a large amount of power and the clutches that are made for the "expected power" these cars SHOULD produce wont hold. so other clutches are made to handle the added torque. doesnt matter if its drag racing or road racing or canyon carving. 800+ ft/lbs of torque wont last on a sachs 2.5 thats the fact jack! now my rant is over
Old 02-07-2016, 02:21 PM
John Gag
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 02-07-2016, 06:46 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
LED tailights now thats friggin sacrilege!! trying to make a 996 into a 997 with fugly front end daytime driving lights and tailights. truly unbelieveable!

the truth is these cars can produce a large amount of power and the clutches that are made for the "expected power" these cars SHOULD produce wont hold. so other clutches are made to handle the added torque. doesnt matter if its drag racing or road racing or canyon carving. 800+ ft/lbs of torque wont last on a sachs 2.5 thats the fact jack! now my rant is over
cool.i enjoyed it. your rant, i meant. i got the led's because the tabs of the oems were hanging by a barely a thread. i wasn't going to buy new oems and fixing the tabs didn't occur to me. i hate the oem's they are dull and dingy. both. the amount of brilliance those new led's throws IS brilliant . by far one of the best cosmetic mods i have done...and the reverse lights which i NEED often up here in the woods at night? no comparison! but enough of LED rear taillight defense

if i could make "most" or even all of my car resemble a 997GT2RS just to make myself happy, then i would. i don't care about fake or non oem or doesn't go with the car! if its driver is happy, that's the only criteria i would need to use. thats what i like about the singer's and even magnus walker's amalgamated cars so much. for their individuation alone!

so if a guy want clutch for his car that's been making about 600 now but might someday push that number closer to 1000? good for him. go for it.

i still think that drag racing is a sacrilege. so if my intrinsic disdain for the "drag racing" of a porsche 911 offends you some how, i apologize. i still think that's crazy! but since when did my opinion matter?

and as a kid i would go watch don prudhommmes snake and i even saw the "lil red wagon dodge" wheelie before and loved it.

probably drove to those tracks in a 911 or maybe even a 912 making all of 150hp if that! lol. which reminds me, it's time some sour mash small batch. thx for reminding me.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:41 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishey
Does the Tilton require a pedal stop? I would imagine it does. Also internal slave will fail and Tilton setups are not made to be daily driven they wear pretty fast in my experience and warp If slipped for to much. We have run them in every daytona prototype, world challenge supra and nissan 370z gs car.
I can't imagine it not needing one since it is easy to "over-stroke" the clutch with the hydraulic throw-out bearing unless its using a master cylinder that is designed to work with it (OEM master cylinder is obviously not...). The hydraulic TB is same one used in almost all of their clutch kits. I needed a pedal stop in my Supra to prevent "over-stroke" which would cause premature wear and warping. I have been told if one were to convert to certain Tilton master cylinder it is not necessary, but never went that route since pedal stop wasn't difficult.

Quick Reply: Clutch replacement