0.99%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

How much would you pay for wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 01:37 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 331 Posts

still no response from OZ...just emailed them again, informing them we are discussing the quality of their wheels/service...
Cheers,
Old 01-19-2016, 10:58 PM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 153 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by "02996ttx50
brand new oz in argento in gt2 sizes. 1600 delivered.
That is soooo cheap for Italian made rims, you guys get some ripper deals thats for sure.

Originally Posted by James88
Rob, hope you get a good outcome.
As you you know I also have recently purchased a used set OZ wheels with Nitto NT01 tires in GT2 sizes, I had them checked at my tire shop on Monday and one of the rear ones is slightly buckled and the other rear required a 120 gram weight !!. All were re-balanced, they said the buckle wasn't significant but the car is vibrating at speed and the tire roar is unbearable so I have put my stockies back on. I'm thinking of having the buckled one re rolled but my confidence in them is starting to wane.
Dropped off rear wheel this morning for re-rolling/straightening.

Originally Posted by 993GT
still no response from OZ...just emailed them again, informing them we are discussing the quality of their wheels/service...
Cheers,
That's pretty poor form from a well known brand.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:45 PM
SteveMFr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Rob,
Please PM me the addresses you've been contacting. As another owner of OZ wheels, I'm bummed to hear how they are treating you. I'd like to write there as well.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:53 PM
rmc1148
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's a good idea if Rob doesn't mind= a few e-mails from member's with ozs will show there could be future lost business.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:04 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Hope the straightening works well for you Jim! I'm surprised I still have no feedback from OZ...not even a 'reviewing it' or a 'we don't care' (LOL) ..etc etc..
Originally Posted by James88
That is soooo cheap for Italian made rims, you guys get some ripper deals thats for sure.

Dropped off rear wheel this morning for re-rolling/straightening.

That's pretty poor form from a well known brand.
Thanks, would appreciate that! I've just been trying through their main 'contact' address info@ozracing.com...I might give my Tirerack guy a msg and let him know I've contacted OZ as well...

Originally Posted by SteveMFr
Hi Rob,
Please PM me the addresses you've been contacting. As another owner of OZ wheels, I'm bummed to hear how they are treating you. I'd like to write there as well.
That would be great Randy!
Originally Posted by rmc1148
That's a good idea if Rob doesn't mind= a few e-mails from member's with ozs will show there could be future lost business.
Thinking I might make a thread in the wheel/tire forum here as well, wider audience.
Again, it may not be an issue of the wheel design/strength per se, but if you receive a defective product, the manufacture should be accountable for the warranty(2 years long in this case)..
Wheel is so out of round, mis-shapen, twisted that it I would call it a safety issue...can't imagine if someone was running this wheel and actually hit a solid bump/pothole etc at speed...
Cheers guys,
Rob
Old 01-20-2016, 07:28 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

ya rob i killed that sh*t! $ wise!!

but i feel for you..its not like they dont "know" about this by now! i'd get my TR guy involved seriously.. this IS BS. really they have way too good a rep to f over a guy who knows/helps AND talks to as many people for gratis! and for no reason other than to help a brotha out! as you do. it just ain't right.

if it would help?i'' i'll dig up my last TR guy. ( not that he CAN help..) it was only last april IIRC?? he must know what buttons to push at least..but then so would YOUR guy!

i have a feeling that a fully concerted effort by us ALL will HELP to get this sorted. its too small a "community"! i just need to slow down on drinkin and/or..i'll revist this at midnite when i awake fully sober LOL
Old 01-20-2016, 11:38 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

it's a 'pisser' for sure! and is very nice to have so much support here! I'm 101% for supporting the good products/guys and revealing the bad/mistreating ones..
Think I need a drink...lol
Cheers,
Rob

Originally Posted by "02996ttx50
ya rob i killed that sh*t! $ wise!!
but i feel for you..its not like they dont "know" about this by now! i'd get my TR guy involved seriously.. this IS BS. really they have way too good a rep to f over a guy who knows/helps AND talks to as many people for gratis! and for no reason other than to help a brotha out! as you do. it just ain't right.

if it would help?i'' i'll dig up my last TR guy. ( not that he CAN help..) it was only last april IIRC?? he must know what buttons to push at least..but then so would YOUR guy!

i have a feeling that a fully concerted effort by us ALL will HELP to get this sorted. its too small a "community"! i just need to slow down on drinkin and/or..i'll revist this at midnite when i awake fully sober LOL
Old 01-21-2016, 01:02 AM
MotoJB
Three Wheelin'

Received 592 Likes on 332 Posts

Just bought these Race Tech Forged "Track Spec 5's" in 18"...haven't decided on the color for my white 996 turbo yet. Thinking translucent gold, titanium or brushed/cleared. Can't decide!

Old 01-21-2016, 01:47 AM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Have made threads about OZ in the wheel/tire forum here + on 6SO 6TT/GT2 forum, exposure.

Good looking wheels MotoJB, I'd vote titanium or brushed look on a white 911
Old 01-21-2016, 04:02 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

it's a 'pisser' for sure! and is very nice to have so much support here! I'm 101% for supporting the good products/guys and revealing the bad/mistreating ones..
Think I need a drink...lol
Cheers,
Rob

guy i dealt w @ TR was "Preston" just a a rep but was handed the unpleasant task of having to inform me of their initial inability to fulfill my order and he kept me advised by phone all 6-8 weeks as the situation progressed.it seemed an eternity at the time since i only had THREE fkn f;stars at the time! ( felas keep spare wheels lol )

what i do remember is just their was a QC issue with one of the 12's and for that reason my wait involved not only the build but also the PS process. because i'd already ordered and the price was too good i basically had no chose but to wait. they were very forthcoming with updates re mfg/pc'ing shipping all of it since the final wheel came from Italy not TR in AZ?

but none of this is gonna help you and i didn't keep any more details since i never got involved in the "whys"of it all. i'll X post this in yor 6 thread perhaps if theres just enough general "noise" it'll help? i'm out of ideas a AND beer bro!
Old 01-21-2016, 10:14 AM
autobonrun
Rennlist Member

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by MotoJB
Just bought these Race Tech Forged "Track Spec 5's" in 18"...haven't decided on the color for my white 996 turbo yet. Thinking translucent gold, titanium or brushed/cleared. Can't decide!

I like those. That is the basic design I'm considering; but in black.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:19 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Thanks, would appreciate that! I've just been trying through their main 'contact' address info@ozracing.com...I might give my Tirerack guy a msg and let him know I've contacted OZ as well...

rob, you've been "patient" more than i'd have been. i would enquire of your TR rep who THEIR QC/C/S contact at OZ in Italy is. they know exactly who to call, and the fact that TR is merely a reseller their interest for a successful conclusion to this is less important as it affects their overall business, well.. not really at all.

again, my rep was "preston" but anyone there in CS @ TR can get you the int'l contact you'll need, and may even intercede on your behalf. i'd be really squeaky about this, for as you know which wheel gets the grease ( sorry.. i had to )
Old 01-21-2016, 11:36 AM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Finally received an email back from the OZ communication dept., she is saying Tirerack is now involved again in the claim and they(OZ) will review Tirerack's comment on the situation....hopefully some positive light...hope Tirerack has the 'pull' here, I've been a very loyal customer to them...
Cheers,
Rob
Old 01-21-2016, 12:50 PM
SteveMFr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MotoJB

I really like these - they look quite similar to BBS F1's. Similar price too, though. And I voted against spending that much on wheels.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:26 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Originally Posted by SteveMFr
I really like these - they look quite similar to BBS F1's. Similar price too, though. And I voted against spending that much on wheels.
i agree. those look great! tough to argue against the aesthetics of those assuming they're made well. 4k is my top limit for stuff i bang into or boulders leap themselves onto lol.

but moto those are a score

Quick Reply: How much would you pay for wheels?