Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

996 Turbo - Actual Auction Price List - Past 2 years - Mecum, Barrett, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 06:39 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

That couple that did half a million mile on their tt, that's the benchmark. 100k miles s just warming it up.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:56 AM
breakfast
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seems in europe prices have gone up more so than here.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:43 AM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by gophaster
These are prices that people were/are willing to pay for these particular cars. Thanks to the internet I don't think that anyone on here would have to sell their car at wholesale unless they were in distress or needed money very quickly. If they did the wholesaler would then calmly resell the cars at the above prices.

I bet the vast majority of Porsche owners still trade their cars in at wholesale prices when they are ready to move on. Selling a car yourself is a PITA and most folks would rather just take the hit and let the dealers do their thing.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:59 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

agree. selling at least hi mileage modded turbo is not worth doing yourself if at all possible to avoid.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:04 AM
Berra
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by breakfast
Yes, just look at mobile.de and also other countries, values are very high, even for cars with 60k> miles.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:36 PM
breakfast
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we just need that to happen on this side of the pond!
Old 12-16-2015, 12:54 PM
gophaster
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think something that's really interesting is that the cars are not only showing up in some of these higher end auctions and not just going through without bids, they are getting snatched up.

Regarding the higher mileage cars. I believe that there is a big difference between a well documented and maintained higher mileage car vs a high mileage car without up to date maintenance. If a seller doesn't want to take the time to present the car as best as possible with records, receipts, etc, and has no patience to sell themselves then of course they will be getting less for their cars since the dealer or wholesaler has to make money, no way around that ( and of course they will sell them for more than they paid).

Last edited by gophaster; 12-16-2015 at 02:08 PM.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:47 PM
gophaster
Pro

I found two more 996TT. These are from 2015 Russo & Steele Auctions.

Please note that the silver one is a Tiptronic and has a mileage discrepancy in the documents that are displayed in the auction listing. Carfax shows 20,200 miles in 2012, service document shows 22,844 in 2013, and then 22,352 miles in a service document from 2014.

Russo & Steele Jan 2015
Lot 2245
2002 911 Turbo
Tiptronic
23,000 (claimed) mileage discrepancy
SOLD - $44,000

https://russoandsteele.com/vehicle-d...ge=&showpage=1

Russo & Steele Jan 2015
Lot 2544
2003 911 Turbo (MANY MODS + Evoms GT700)
manual
41,000 miles
SOLD - $57,200

https://russoandsteele.com/vehicle-d...ge=&showpage=1

Last edited by gophaster; 12-16-2015 at 09:06 PM.
Old 12-16-2015, 02:14 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

I think something that's really interesting is that the cars are not only showing up in some of these higher end auctions and not just going through without bids, they are getting snatched up.

Regarding the higher mileage cars. I believe that there is a big difference between a well documented and maintained higher mileage car vs a high mileage car without up to date maintenance. If a seller doesn't want to take the time to present the car as best as possible with records, receipts, etc, and has no patience to sell themselves then of course they will be getting less for their cars since the dealer or wholesaler has to make money, no way around that ( and of course they will sell them for more than they paid).
that would be me! i maintain my car bi-weekly needed or not professionally, although admittedly some of the things done to my car such as MAKING a hose to replace an intake one needed might make some squeamish, but i keep no records, and know my car is as mechanically sound and parts as new and within acceptable spec as can possibly be for a car with 132,500 miles.

i just sure wouldn't wanna be there guy standing there answering craigslist tire kicker calls if I were selling LOL. just shoot me
Old 12-16-2015, 03:11 PM
Danyol
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by breakfast
In the past when the transatlantic discrepancies have occurred Europe starts shipping cars over there. Has anything changed to alter this?
Old 12-16-2015, 03:15 PM
gophaster
Pro

lmao, I hear you. Well there's always ebay or one of these auction houses above. There does seem to be an interest in these cars. Mine's not for sale, I don't think yours is either right?? So we can just sit around (drive around) and observe

Originally Posted by "02996ttx50
that would be me! i maintain my car bi-weekly needed or not professionally, although admittedly some of the things done to my car such as MAKING a hose to replace an intake one needed might make some squeamish, but i keep no records, and know my car is as mechanically sound and parts as new and within acceptable spec as can possibly be for a car with 132,500 miles.

i just sure wouldn't wanna be there guy standing there answering craigslist tire kicker calls if I were selling LOL. just shoot me

Last edited by gophaster; 12-16-2015 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-16-2015, 04:48 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

lmao, I hear you. Well there's always ebay or one of these auction houses above. There does seem to be an interest in these cars. Mine's not for sale, I don't think yours is either right?? So we can just sit around (drive around) and observe
HELL to the NO, sell?? for what? its like a nickel on the paid dollar lol. and those that care about me wont let me even take the hit to turn into the 997.1, but i am my own boss so we shall see..

my issue is my cars take such cosmetic nicks/dings/rocks/boulders etc, that it doesn't make "sense" for me to have a "street pretty cars and coffee" head turner, because i drive the snot out of it and there's a LOT of debris in unpopulated canyon two lane blacktops.

you know what i mean. i'm afraid even to upgrade/paint the front for fear it'll last a week w perfect paint no nicks etc! its like,.. do i wanna DRIVE IT!??.. or stare at it?! lol cheers!
Old 12-16-2015, 08:29 PM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 282 Posts

"my issue is my cars take such cosmetic nicks/dings/rocks/boulders etc, that it doesn't make "sense" for me to have a "street pretty cars and coffee" head turner, because i drive the snot out of it and there's a LOT of debris in unpopulated canyon two lane blacktops.

you know what i mean. i'm afraid even to upgrade/paint the front for fear it'll last a week w perfect paint no nicks etc! its like,.. do i wanna DRIVE IT!??.. or stare at it?! lol cheers!"

Wiser words were never said.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:41 PM
Berra
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by "02996ttx50
HELL to the NO, sell?? for what? its like a nickel on the paid dollar lol. and those that care about me wont let me even take the hit to turn into the 997.1, but i am my own boss so we shall see..

my issue is my cars take such cosmetic nicks/dings/rocks/boulders etc, that it doesn't make "sense" for me to have a "street pretty cars and coffee" head turner, because i drive the snot out of it and there's a LOT of debris in unpopulated canyon two lane blacktops.

you know what i mean. i'm afraid even to upgrade/paint the front for fear it'll last a week w perfect paint no nicks etc! its like,.. do i wanna DRIVE IT!??.. or stare at it?! lol cheers!
That's why you can wrap it, it does a pretty good job at protecting the car.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:31 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Originally Posted by leftlane
"my issue is my cars take such cosmetic nicks/dings/rocks/boulders etc, that it doesn't make "sense" for me to have a "street pretty cars and coffee" head turner, because i drive the snot out of it and there's a LOT of debris in unpopulated canyon two lane blacktops.

you know what i mean. i'm afraid even to upgrade/paint the front for fear it'll last a week w perfect paint no nicks etc! its like,.. do i wanna DRIVE IT!??.. or stare at it?! lol cheers!"

Wiser words were never said.
i almost wish i was back east so i could justify garaging it for half the year! lol

it's just funny, though, as i was just saying ( to myself lol ) that the condition of most everyones cars here from that picture thread is incredible! and to get mine back in any kind of shape like they look, it's gonna take FULL paint and some minor body work! so can YOU tell me? how do one does spend 10k on a car worth 25?! i mean cosmetically? if i needed a MOTOR of course, i'd do it in a heartbeat

now it's like every new ding is beginning to make me crazy. so can anyone help? whats new paint on a car cost these days? anyone know? done "reasonably" not showroom, just a good ( not earl scheib lol ) but ya know.. decent? probably 8k done right? yeah...?!

just thinkin' about it drives me ( even more ) nuts

Quick Reply: 996 Turbo - Actual Auction Price List - Past 2 years - Mecum, Barrett, etc...