Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

996 Turbo - Actual Auction Price List - Past 2 years - Mecum, Barrett, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 06:58 PM
rmc1148
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

850 seems very reasonable, good paint is not cheap neither is a qualified body man..
Old 12-18-2015, 09:19 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 171 Posts

So "02996ttx50, is this what you are thinking of doing to your front bumper? This car has the top quarter of a 996tt bumper cover grafted onto the bottom 3/4 of a 997 turbo cover.

Old 12-19-2015, 12:18 AM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 285 Posts

FYI I have the Xpel clear shield on my white 2012 BMW - since new, now 64k miles, no yellowing at all. You'd def see it on a white car if it was fading/yellowing. If it did - warranty claim and free replacement.
Old 12-19-2015, 05:10 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by kcattorney
So "02996ttx50, is this what you are thinking of doing to your front bumper? This car has the top quarter of a 996tt bumper cover grafted onto the bottom 3/4 of a 997 turbo cover.

hard to tell from your pic. but pretty certain, no it's not. the best visual representation are the pics that james88 had posted ( I'm not even sure which thread i'm in or the pics are in any longer..ahh, the holidays lol..)

but that looks more ike a stock 997 turbo front but from that angled shot its hard to tell.

here ( again ) is what i'm considering. yes, they are different. the latter is a ta gt 997 front(?) with drl's and foglights incorporated into the fascia. i think it would work, but have not
had a chance to view in person and inspect a finished fitment on a 996 turbo yet. but this IS the pic and piece i am considering. 997 turbo styled side mirrors would also complement it nicely, i would think.
Attached Images  
Old 12-19-2015, 05:58 AM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 171 Posts

Ok, I got it. Actually the TechArt bumper is a little more conservative than the 997 turbo stock bumper cover in that it doesn't have the "machine gun" turrets on the sides. I am generally not a big fan of the TechArt stuff, but I do think that bumper cover would look good on a 996tt. The figment looks very good in the pic - doesn't look forced or unnatural. The design style stays consistent - just generally updates or freshens the stock look rather than a complete change.
Old 12-19-2015, 12:17 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

i'm really looking forward to seeing it up close. i agree, i think it's a great look, and would freshen up the car nicely. i have no particular "allegiance" to the OEM look of the car, within limit, and love the techart/ruf et al body mods, and cant afford the real ones. not on a car as old as mine, and one that takes as much punishment from road debris as mine does.

side note, i can't stand those weird fog's on the sides on the 997t front?! much prefer the internalization of them on that TA front that also includes the drl's in the inlet openings. only issue is,.. i NEED to keep "mesh" grills ( again debris..) so we shall see!
Old 12-19-2015, 12:31 PM
gophaster
Pro

When you go visit these guys (I think we are talking about the same shop, nr?) could you have a look for me at the Polyurethane version of the 996 GT2 bumper that they offer. I'm wondering if it really is like an oem bumper plastic rather than fiberglass?? I'm really interested in this bumper.

I know you want to do the led's in the bumper...have you considered adding the leds to 996 GT2 bumper? I think this turned out really good!! (below)

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...k-anymore.html

Originally Posted by "02996ttx50
i'm really looking forward to seeing it up close. i agree, i think it's a great look, and would freshen up the car nicely. i have no particular "allegiance" to the OEM look of the car, within limit, and love the techart/ruf et al body mods, and cant afford the real ones. not on a car as old as mine, and one that takes as much punishment from road debris as mine does.

side note, i can't stand those weird fog's on the sides on the 997t front?! much prefer the internalization of them on that TA front that also includes the drl's in the inlet openings. only issue is,.. i NEED to keep "mesh" grills ( again debris..) so we shall see!
Old 12-19-2015, 01:03 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Originally Posted by gophaster
When you go visit these guys (I think we are talking about the same shop, nr?) could you have a look for me at the Polyurethane version of the 996 GT2 bumper that they offer. I'm wondering if it really is like an oem bumper plastic rather than fiberglass?? I'm really interested in this bumper.

I know you want to do the led's in the bumper...have you considered adding the leds to 996 GT2 bumper? I think this turned out really good!! (below)

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...k-anymore.html

yeah, viewed those pics. thats exactly what i dont want to do oddly enough. is tack on gt2 bits, and then try to dress it up with those "stuck on" philips led's.

the TA gt front is unique enough to be different, and well.. again, i gotta "see it". as to why i feel that's ok, and yet faux gt2 bits on a tt are not? i cannot explain lol

i wouldn't do the gt2 front w/out all the ducting and i actually don't really need it, the added airflow, that is..
but sure i'd be happy to look at what they've got and ask about the parts/kit they have etc.

its funny i passed within I'm guessing a mile or two of the fwy from where they are ( nr ) and once my business was finished in another part of town yesterday and i couldn't get back to the mountains quickly enough. man, la is a sh*thole, lemme tell you. 2 hours in that city, and i had to get out. like zombie apocalypse LOL..

... i'm going to see if they are open today, and i'll just take a deep breath, and see if i can get in/out and back to relative sanctuary in a cpl hours lol. if!? they are open today? and i get there, i'll let you know!
Old 12-19-2015, 01:33 PM
AZ996TT
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gophaster: Not sure how long ago the last clear bra you did was? I've seen the yellowed and fogged bras myself so I know what you mean. They have come a long way with the latest materials....

My 2007 997 came from the original owner with 3M put on at time of purchase. On my white, it has definitely yellowed.

I will be looking to change to Xpel and most likely go to full hood. I just have the 1/3 version now. Will be looking into it in a few months.

Last edited by AZ996TT; 12-19-2015 at 01:35 PM. Reason: update Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 01:36 PM
gophaster
Pro

'02.. lol, I hear you...I think the black car used actual oem 997 leds and was custom installled to fit.

I agree with the GT2 bumper and having to make it actually work properly. I think retail on a oem Gt2 bumper is like $5g's !! not including all the functional ducts, tubes, etc.. ...if their bumper is a direct replacement for less than half that...it would be cool.

I'm still leaning toward doing the Toth front splitter on the oem Turbo bumper and maybe the Strosek style rear wing. That way it's a little more subtle and I retain a functional although still Turbo front bumper. Anyway, I'm interested in what you find on your visit!
Old 12-19-2015, 01:40 PM
Berra
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd suggest to throw those led lights...ugh...

But that's me!
Old 12-19-2015, 01:40 PM
gophaster
Pro

Yeah, I think the Xpel is a whole new level. This stuff is crystal clear and lasts!!

I'm still considering Xpel full hood, full fenders, and full front bumper. I was quoted close to $2000

Originally Posted by AZ996TT
Originally Posted by gophaster: Not sure how long ago the last clear bra you did was? I've seen the yellowed and fogged bras myself so I know what you mean. They have come a long way with the latest materials....

My 2007 997 came from the original owner with 3M put on at time of purchase. On my white, it has definitely yellowed.

I will be looking to change to Xpel and most likely go to full hood. I just have the 1/3 version now. Will be looking into it in a few months.
Old 12-19-2015, 01:57 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Originally Posted by gophaster
'02.. lol, I hear you...I think the black car used actual oem 997 leds and was custom installled to fit.

I agree with the GT2 bumper and having to make it actually work properly. I think retail on a oem Gt2 bumper is like $5g's !! not including all the functional ducts, tubes, etc.. ...if their bumper is a direct replacement for less than half that...it would be cool.

I'm still leaning toward doing the Toth front splitter on the oem Turbo bumper and maybe the Strosek style rear wing. That way it's a little more subtle and I retain a functional although still Turbo front bumper. Anyway, I'm interested in what you find on your visit!
yeah, i have the strosek wing and its great.

so i just spoke w NR gonna try to go there early next week. my nerves permitting LOL

btw theres no way there bumper is gonna have all the ducting etc. I'm sure it could all be fitted.. but its gotta be "bought, center radiator flipped etc. its no "small" job!
Old 12-19-2015, 07:35 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Originally Posted by Berra
I'd suggest to throw those led lights...ugh...

But that's me!
the ta front,..white one? or the black gt2 front w led's??..

cos if you mean the blk one w led's i agree. big mistake! ugh is right.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:32 PM
Berra
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by "02996ttx50
the ta front,..white one? or the black gt2 front w led's??..

cos if you mean the blk one w led's i agree. big mistake! ugh is right.
Yes I meant the black one..."ruined" GT2! I don't even like those leds on the new ones.

Quick Reply: 996 Turbo - Actual Auction Price List - Past 2 years - Mecum, Barrett, etc...