Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Craigslist, EBay and Other Online Finds

Old 01-04-2016, 11:08 PM
gophaster
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Very nice, welcome to the family!

Love the gt2 tail combined with I believe aero front lip right? Do you happen to know the make of the tail or is it oem??

Congrats

Originally Posted by splitime
And home safely (despite snow flurries the last 15 minutes and being on new Pilot Sports).

https://goo.gl/photos/nqZMmD7N1hTehBk68
Old 01-04-2016, 11:22 PM
splitime
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gophaster
Very nice, welcome to the family!

Love the gt2 tail combined with I believe aero front lip right? Do you happen to know the make of the tail or is it oem??

Congrats
I do believe the front lip is a ebay knockoff, but the fitment looked great from the previous owners install. The original oem lip was falling apart from scraping, so it was a nice simple fix/upgrade.
(like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aero-Style-F...-/350948400331 )

For the wing, it came with it to him, so exact origin is a mystery. I've reached out to the two companies I think it might have come from though, Misha and Mashaw. Hopefully they both can let me know of anything unique about their wings i can use to identify it better. Fitment is quite nice with the only real place you notice it not being OEM is where it comes out a mm or two down by the bumper and can see it by the taillights.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:37 PM
gophaster
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the info...Looks great in the pics would be cool if you could figure out where it came from. If I'm not mistaken Precision porsche and NR both make what I understand are very nice gt2 tails also so maybe check with them too

Originally Posted by splitime
I do believe the front lip is a ebay knockoff, but the fitment looked great from the previous owners install. The original oem lip was falling apart from scraping, so it was a nice simple fix/upgrade.
(like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aero-Style-F...-/350948400331 )

For the wing, it came with it to him, so exact origin is a mystery. I've reached out to the two companies I think it might have come from though, Misha and Mashaw. Hopefully they both can let me know of anything unique about their wings i can use to identify it better. Fitment is quite nice with the only real place you notice it not being OEM is where it comes out a mm or two down by the bumper and can see it by the taillights.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:31 AM
splitime
Advanced

Thanks for the info...Looks great in the pics would be cool if you could figure out where it came from. If I'm not mistaken Precision porsche and NR both make what I understand are very nice gt2 tails also so maybe check with them too
Well crap, more to cross reference! "Thanks"
Old 01-05-2016, 11:13 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

How do you like this one. X50 + Ceramic + low miles + light mods.

https://www.pca.org/classified-ad/312198
Old 01-05-2016, 11:20 PM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
How do you like this one. X50 + Ceramic + low miles + light mods. https://www.pca.org/classified-ad/312198
$60k...whew!
Old 01-06-2016, 02:04 PM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts
Default 2002 996 turbo 6 speed

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5379356454.html

Close to my office if anybody wants a set of eyes on it.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:19 PM
juanbenae
Instructor

just a heads up for any perspective buyers out there, I have a few carfax opportunities that will expire in early feb. if any members could use a carfax run on a private party sale car PM or email me. I got's mine!

jb
Old 01-06-2016, 06:52 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 171 Posts

^ Very nice of you jb!
Old 01-06-2016, 09:01 PM
juanbenae
Instructor

Originally Posted by kcattorney
^ Very nice of you jb!

thanks KC, it's least I could do! ive been scouring this place high & low soaking up info like a sponge! sort of like a sponge that drips some as I am nearly 30 posts in....

hope to start contributing some with my upcoming projects that im sure many of you have already accomplished. heading to my pops' this weekend to redo the OE tranny mounts while on his lift & pressing with his press. ive sourced semi solid bushings and will be pressing, or cutting out the OE races instead of replacing the entire carrier casting w/ new bushing. look forward to sharing some of this effort with you guys... good or bad.....

will bring my own BOSCH jigsaw as I reckon a sawzall is too much for me to handle,,, and my dad is old
Old 01-07-2016, 12:21 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 156 Likes on 111 Posts

Another lead stolen from the NA996 forum posted by rudydude.
2001 996tt, 6 speed, coupe, silver over black, 96k miles, asking $32,000 in Seattle

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/5325174837.html

Ha! This is the car I picked up
Old 01-07-2016, 11:08 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 171 Posts

^ Hey Chris, could you give us a rundown of your transaction? Specifically, tell us about the interaction with the seller, an honest assessment of what the car's strong points and needs were and any other relevant details that you think people might be interested in. Your car is on the lower end of the price spectrum and there is a lot of suspicion about cars priced in the low to mid $30k's. FWIW, my car was not much more than yours and I was very happy with the seller, the transaction and the car. I think many people would be interested about your purchase experience.

BTW, your car looks great!
Old 01-08-2016, 03:21 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

thx for reminding me. i owe a call to NR and a trip to precision. ya know, there's something wholly unappealing about seeing these poly pieces unpainted, and lying on a floor. i can't articulate it any better, but it sure doesn't look "oem".
Old 01-08-2016, 03:26 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

^ Hey Chris, could you give us a rundown of your transaction? Specifically, tell us about the interaction with the seller, an honest assessment of what the car's strong points and needs were and any other relevant details that you think people might be interested in. Your car is on the lower end of the price spectrum and there is a lot of suspicion about cars priced in the low to mid $30k's. FWIW, my car was not much more than yours and I was very happy with the seller, the transaction and the car. I think many people would be interested about your purchase experience.

my take is that some of us ( however painful it may be relative to whatever we may have once paid? ) are just a bit more realistic than some others about the market value(s) of porsche 996 turbos! though i hope i'm wrong?

it;s sad, but inexplicably true. they are in the dumper as far as i can tell. my old 993 c2 is worth at LEAST double what my turbo currently is. it's astonishing as well as disheartening, at the same time!
Old 01-08-2016, 05:32 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 156 Likes on 111 Posts

Thanks for the compliment!

Sure; I set out with a budget of mid-40s for a 6 speed car, and this car is mechanically just as sound as the 40k+ cars with half the miles that I looked at, and actually much better than some. Way better shape than another mid 30s car that I looked at. I feel like I got a killer deal. The car wasn't kept on the lot (there were Boxsters, a Cayman and a couple of Carreras on the lot), it was kept in a warehouse where the dealer had several other more expensive Porsches, a handful of Ferraris, many nice cars of various makes; some for sale, some not. No issues at all with the transaction, test drove, took it for an inspection the next day, came back and paid for it... It passed my initial inspection, I pulled the ECU data myself via durametric and took it for an independent PPI which reported virtually no issues and nothing that surprised me- the only big issue is the rear wheels are not original, but service records disclosed this; each were replaced at different time, about 6 months apart, for a vibration issue. It has pretty much all of the service records since new- most being done at 2 of the local Porsche dealerships and a few at a respected local independent shop. Has the original window sticker and all of the original booklets/manuals/keys. I am the 3rd owner; car was a local trade by another client and the dealer put me in contact with the previous owner to ease my mind about the history. No paint work, no accidents, no modifications other than an aftermarket GT2-style wing on the OEM hydraulics (functioning and non-leaking) and included the OEM wing. In the photos it doesn't show the front lip and looks to be in rough condition, but the dealer had replaced that piece before I ever saw it in person and never updated the photos.

The first thing I noticed when I got there, is the car is in nowhere near as rough condition as it appears in the photos; it is just in dire need of a cleaning. I went expecting a somewhat rough car, but would still buy if only issues were minor cosmetic/paint issues if I could get a lower price. The paint has no major issues, its extremely clean for the age/mileage- looks like it has half the miles and my in-laws thought it was a brand new car when I pulled up in it for the holidays. The interior is the roughest part of the car; I'd still give it an 8 out of 10; the carbon trim has 2 faded pieces on the dash and there is a scratch in the clearcoat of the carbon on the steering wheel. No extraordinary wear, no tears/rips or smells. I dealt with the owner of the dealership directly- he said he's sat on it without listing it for a while since he didn't know what he wanted to do with it (sell it or take it to auction) and didn't usually sell higher mileage cars.

I'm extremely happy with it. I also feel lucky that I got this car at the price I did; I wouldn't count on other lower priced cars to be in this shape based on what I saw in the local market.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Craigslist, EBay and Other Online Finds