Sponsored by:

Front and back GT3 sway bar setting. Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 11:40 AM
crazyfrog
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front and back GT3 sway bar setting. Help

I am fitting a rear and front GT3 Sway bar on my Turbo. I have some 9products adjustable drop links for the rear and some Rennline curved adjustable drop links for the front.
What would be the best setting for the bars to start with ? For fast road drive/occasionnal track.
My suspension are new all around , oem M030.
I want to reduce the roll at the front and reduce understeer ....
Thanks guys.
Old 07-29-2015, 12:20 AM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,723 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyfrog
I am fitting a rear and front GT3 Sway bar on my Turbo. I have some 9products adjustable drop links for the rear and some Rennline curved adjustable drop links for the front.
What would be the best setting for the bars to start with ? For fast road drive/occasionnal track.
My suspension are new all around , oem M030.
I want to reduce the roll at the front and reduce understeer ....
Thanks guys.
Although not on a stock suspension, I am one hole from full stiff front (5 way) and one hole from full soft rear (4 way). Adjust from there. Most guys will complain about understeer but in reality you just need to trail brake deeper to load up the front wheels in order to rotate the car. If you set up the car to rotate under throttle in tight turns, it will be scary loose in hight speed high G sweepers. Most of your fastest set ups will be geared towards slight understeer....
Old 07-29-2015, 04:16 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,237 Likes on 1,443 Posts

Originally Posted by powdrhound
Although not on a stock suspension, I am one hole from full stiff front (5 way) and one hole from full soft rear (4 way). Adjust from there. Most guys will complain about understeer but in reality you just need to trail brake deeper to load up the front wheels in order to rotate the car. If you set up the car to rotate under throttle in tight turns, it will be scary loose in hight speed high G sweepers. Most of your fastest set ups will be geared towards slight understeer....
Is your Turbo still AWD?
Old 07-29-2015, 10:56 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,723 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
Is your Turbo still AWD?
No. RWD/LSD on GT3/Cup suspension. I've driven stock turbos and understeer is not bad, actually pretty easy to rotate as weight transfer is easy to achieve under braking with its soft squishy stock suspension.

Quick Reply: Front and back GT3 sway bar setting. Help