Sponsored by:

Radiators time

Old 07-28-2015, 09:25 AM
Forrest Gump 9
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fly2low
mine had 8 hoses, 2 center, and three on each side. Glad you didn't replace 4
I only did the side ones. And yes there were three hoses on each side but I don't care about the vent hoses so I only said four.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:07 PM
Wealth Manager
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you noticed a considerable increase in cooling? I am pondering on going to all aluminum radiators considering I am high horsepower. My car runs down a little over 180 on average.
Old 07-29-2015, 12:16 AM
fly2low
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine only has a tune, I don't track it, and I live in the PNW - not a hot climate, despite what the locals think; so I can't answer the question.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:43 PM
Forrest Gump 9
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wealth Manager
Have you noticed a considerable increase in cooling? I am pondering on going to all aluminum radiators considering I am high horsepower. My car runs down a little over 180 on average.
Probably not. I only DD my car so I can't tell. People who track them will probably can
Old 07-31-2015, 02:53 AM
CSF Cooling
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Radiators time

Originally Posted by Wealth Manager
You will see the difference if you track or live in hot/humid climate. It's designed to keep temps in the optimal 180-195 range when the stock ones would push higher.

People often buy the radiators for the durability, not just the performance aspect of the radiators.

We have a lot of sets on cup cars and dedicated race cars who typically race in 100 degree+ weather at the hotter California tracks during the summer. They tell me they can push their cars harder and cool down faster after they've installed the radiators.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Radiators time