BTW The first page was more fun!!!
no, yes and sorry lol
Old 06-30-2015, 06:13 PM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 285 Posts

[QUOTE=Blswan;12393958]
Originally Posted by Fastboy

Sorry, but that's sad to me. Sounds like something a chick would say.
Might be the most ignorant thing posted in this thread. Congratulations.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:23 PM
rmc1148
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Pay no attention Leftlane your a good guy.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:47 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

truly no disrespect, but it certainly cannot be any lamer than the notion you don't care how the car works but only want to drive it! geez. but thats just like my opinion sorry. thats off the lame charts!

but your post about my daily schedule has won you all manner of concessions and respect from me that has been lacking, so your position hardly came as a surprise leftlane lol. but it IS within your right to know as little as you can. that is an admirable goal, certainly

btw. your post made it appear the post that raised your hackles was attributed to user fastboy and i do not believe it was. not that it matters lol
Old 06-30-2015, 08:06 PM
Blswan
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE=leftlane;12397778]
Originally Posted by Blswan

Might be the most ignorant thing posted in this thread. Congratulations.
Lol no no no. Ignorance is what prompted my response. Quite literally since that was his desire. Proof is here to the original post as well, we are obviously not like minded. I think it's sad that an "enthusiast" knows nothing about how his car works. You don't. My opinion is not ignorant, it's just that, an opinion. BTW I'm happy, truly truly happy, not to be like minded.

PS. I'm gonna hop on the baking forum. I don't like to cook but I sure like to eat!
Old 06-30-2015, 08:48 PM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 285 Posts

I was mostly referencing the "sounds like something a chick would say" part of your reply. Don't be such a Luddite.

If you happen to be the kind of guy that knows (or thinks they know) everything about everything - more power to you. I work supremely hard in a complicated field that many others don't understand so that I can afford to buy the toys I like without the need to learn all about them and how they work. Do you own a watch? Is it necessary to understand all the intricacies of how that watch works in order to enjoy it? I can enjoy my car just as much as you without knowing how to tear it apart and put it back together again.

The OP asked if we are all like minded. My answer was no. Your contribution is to say that I make you sad and I'm a chick. Is this where I should make a derogatory remark about your lack of ability to hook up a VCR or your poor use of analogy regarding the surgeon?

Hey 02 - what's lame about wanting to drive a Porsche but not having an advanced degree in automothingamajiggie? I doth suggest that you are suffering from forumitis - this is an advanced disease wherein a poster to an automotive forum attempts to take the moral high ground and believes that their opinion is the majority opinion, and thus can be the only correct opinion. It's very common, but unfortunately there is no cure and it is very, very contagious.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:00 PM
onager
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There should be a forum for the internet tough-guys just for themselves. Keep the plebeians out of their circle-jerk.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:23 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Originally Posted by leftlane
I was mostly referencing the "sounds like something a chick would say" part of your reply. Don't be such a Luddite.

If you happen to be the kind of guy that knows (or thinks they know) everything about everything - more power to you. I work supremely hard in a complicated field that many others don't understand so that I can afford to buy the toys I like without the need to learn all about them and how they work. Do you own a watch? Is it necessary to understand all the intricacies of how that watch works in order to enjoy it? I can enjoy my car just as much as you without knowing how to tear it apart and put it back together again.

The OP asked if we are all like minded. My answer was no. Your contribution is to say that I make you sad and I'm a chick. Is this where I should make a derogatory remark about your lack of ability to hook up a VCR or your poor use of analogy regarding the surgeon?

Hey 02 - what's lame about wanting to drive a Porsche but not having an advanced degree in automothingamajiggie? I doth suggest that you are suffering from forumitis - this is an advanced disease wherein a poster to an automotive forum attempts to take the moral high ground and believes that their opinion is the majority opinion, and thus can be the only correct opinion. It's very common, but unfortunately there is no cure and it is very, very contagious.

Hey 02 - what's lame about wanting to drive a Porsche but not having an advanced degree in automothingamajiggie? I doth suggest that you are suffering from forumitis - this is an advanced disease wherein a poster to an automotive forum attempts to take the moral high ground and believes that their opinion is the majority opinion, and thus can be the only correct opinion.
lefltane, you use the english language AND your car apparently without knowing how they work. so i see a pattern developing. if i may make a suggestion? i would suggest you leave words of which you have no understanding of their meaning out of your sentences as it only muddles the issue and confuses some of us playing along from home. for your edification, a "luddite" in popular parlance or usage, is used to describe one who disdains the advance of TECHNOLOGY! if you go re-read what you posted you'll understand how bizarre the suggestion and use of the word is. you get a pass if english is your second language, but i'm venturing it isn't.

From Merriam Webster Dictionary:
Luddite
noun Ludd·ite \ˈlə-ˌdīt\
Definition of LUDDITE: one of a group of early 19th century English workmen destroying laborsaving machinery as a protest; broadly: one who is opposed to especially technological change.

you doth suggest?!

after reading your question to me, it is clear you have a diminished capacity to debate in english as a result of sub standard verbal skill(s). that's ok, stick to what you know best, i'm sure it's something but we will never be able to READ about it from you with much degree of understanding unless perhaps you have a young child in the house you might ask to translate what you post for us. but it's not my problem. blather on my friend.

as to your suggestion that i think i am attempting to capture some kind of "moral high ground" or believe that my position on ANYthing is the majority opinion?!? that is preposterous on its face. as it happens, i have never been in the majority of ANYthing, least of all the belief that MY opinion is the majority view. the only exception perhaps being if you were to possibly? suggest that the clutch accumulators on these cars and the spoilers might've been designed with a bit more thought to longevity, then i would be there in what i hope would be the majority.. but i would also guess that the majority of 996 turbo owners don't know how poorly designed they are either! so much for a "majority view" huh?

what i will also say is that you are so lacking in the ability to think critically, that i will have to let that pass as the utterances of a buffoon that merely doth protest. i think you've become emboldened by other diminished capacity members that gave you a round of applause at your recent posting devoted entirely to a joke/mockery of my posting and spark changing schedule. feelin yer oats a bit, eh son? you're not alone. as it appears it is rapidly becoming open season on 02996ttx50. i say, bring it lol

so by late reply to you in an altogether different forum ( since clearly we are whether by choice or intention or not we happen to end up on each others daily "reading lists" ) please sure, bring me your best! i have a trusty fly swatter.

but in terms and quality of humor i found it sophomoric at best. at worst it was a childish get back for my early criticisms of some of the lamest sh*t that you CONTINUE to post. you are indeed a slow or UNwilling "learner" but i think you're merely taking the path of least resistance. ignorance CAN be a choice, and it can be tough to learn. you are living proof of that. that said, it WAS possibly the funniest thing you've ever posted by far. but don't quit your day job, your family will starve.

the TWO things you have been right about in my estimation is that you do indeed have EVERY RIGHT to drive your car and enjoy it, without having any clues as to how or why you do, and/or how "it works". secondarily you're right that i post... a lot. no sh*t and bfd, sherlock

"moral high ground and majority opinion" huh? i'm just guessing you are not employed by any think tank LOL

Last edited by "02996ttx50; 07-01-2015 at 08:39 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:06 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 543 Posts

leftlane - good post.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:32 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I like to do the oil changes on my 996 Turbo, and I have changed plugs on it several times. I also installed my short shifter, Europipe exhaust, and V-Flow air box. Air and pollen filters are easy, so I do those. The rest (what very little there is) gets done by the dealer.

My 996 Turbo is not the focus of my life; I have other interests and hobbies that I'd rather spend my free time on instead of spending that time working on my car.

I find it strange that there are those that think an owner needs to have detailed mechanical knowledge of his 996 Turbo, and actually do (or help with) as much of mechanical work he can, to somehow be fully classified as a "Porsche enthusiast". It's similar to those who think that one needs to track his Porsche or else be identified as "not really enjoying the car" or not really being a "Porsche enthusiast".
Old 07-02-2015, 06:34 PM
rmc1148
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Agree Dock.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:46 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

I try and have tried since turbo ownership to learn as much as I can out of financial expedience and saving me unnecessary expenditures and reliances upon dealership screw jobs. and it has helped save me a lot.

I have no particular enthusiasm for it nor would I even consider myself enthusiastic about repairs.

But the stuff done in my driveway with a Porsche tech has saved me countless thousands of dollars over Indy or pcar dealers.

Thats been reason enough for me to learn what I can. I never was this fanatical about my a/c 911s and neither did I ever feel the need.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:56 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

If I couldn't afford to pay the dealer to maintain/fix my 996 Turbo, I personally wouldn't own the car.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:12 PM
Blswan
Racer

Originally Posted by Dock
I like to do the oil changes on my 996 Turbo, and I have changed plugs on it several times. I also installed my short shifter, Europipe exhaust, and V-Flow air box. Air and pollen filters are easy, so I do those. The rest (what very little there is) gets done by the dealer.

My 996 Turbo is not the focus of my life; I have other interests and hobbies that I'd rather spend my free time on instead of spending that time working on my car.

I find it strange that there are those that think an owner needs to have detailed mechanical knowledge of his 996 Turbo, and actually do (or help with) as much of mechanical work he can, to somehow be fully classified as a "Porsche enthusiast". It's similar to those who think that one needs to track his Porsche or else be identified as "not really enjoying the car" or not really being a "Porsche enthusiast".
Nobody here implied that you needed to self perform maintenance or understand the complexities of your engine. When one states they have no interest in knowing/learning anything about any of it that's completely different all together. Why would you even be posting here?
Old 07-03-2015, 08:17 PM
Blswan
Racer

OMG you're seriously sensative enough to get worked up about a chick comment? You've been reading to much Yahoo news or political campaign BS. This is an open forum, get over it.

Quick Reply: Are we all like minded