Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reset miles on odometer? There must be a way...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 11:15 AM
tlarocque
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 33 Posts

Was it really necessary to swap clusters to clear the oil message? I don't have any specific knowledge but it seems like the oil warning would be easier to fix than adding all those miles to a new cluster. I know my post is not helpful but I'm curious as to why you had to go that route.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:41 PM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by tlarocque
Was it really necessary to swap clusters to clear the oil message? I don't have any specific knowledge but it seems like the oil warning would be easier to fix than adding all those miles to a new cluster. I know my post is not helpful but I'm curious as to why you had to go that route.
I got a deal on the proper cluster and it had black gauge faces. My old one had beige faces stuck on it. so there were 2 reasons.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:13 AM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by techweenie
I have no fear of working with integrated circuits. I would be happy to pull that memory module off the original cluster & solder to the new, if I knew which one it was... The reason for replacing the cluster was that the OP had beige dial gauge inserts glued in, and I was getting an oil level 'failure' message that I was tired of seeing. I can live with the service receipt showing mileage on removed cluster and mileage on installed cluster, but it's just weird for the car to display 1K miles... ANJ-811 - thank you, I sent them an email DaveCarrera4 - That would be great. Thanks!
found what I was looking for. Seems after 100 Km the new cluster is locked out for changing miles... Read this https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...e-reset-2.html

Quick Reply: Reset miles on odometer? There must be a way...