Sponsored by:

My condolences

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 04:48 PM
MDKK
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macster
Just a word of caution. On another board, just a few days ago, a Porsche owner who had two of his cars, a newer model Porsche and something not a Porsche but still nice and worth owning (can't imagine what that would be), stored in a barn along with the cars of other owners, reported the barn caught fire and burned down and everything in the barn is a total loss.

He has insurance and I believe it will come through, though he will not be made whole again as the Porsche was customized -- nothing drastic just some nice aftermarket options the owner decided to do -- and the older car is pretty much irreplaceable. But he will get some money for his loss.

My reason for posting this is to stress be sure your car is sufficiently insured just in case, oh and the insurance is not perhaps negated by the fact the car was not stored at your house but at a removed location.
You raise a good point, being in the industry I can tell you one shouldn't just assume they are covered under all sceranios. It could be a little more complex and you don't want to find out the hard way.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:53 PM
rmc1148
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes good insurance is a must!

Quick Reply: My condolences