Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone in Chicago area willing to look at two cars?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 01:42 PM
FCS
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry, have my dealership names mixed up, this was the gray one at Chicago Motors Direct....
Old 01-02-2015, 11:04 PM
FCS
Cruisin'

Ok, if you're still interested, I checked out the black one at Greater Chicago Motors. It was a nice car, however it definitely looked like it had some paint work done on the hood. Wheels were aftermarket crap. The interior looked a bit more aged than the 27k miles it had on the clock, maybe it was sitting out in the sun?
Old 01-02-2015, 11:27 PM
Atrox
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah I noticed the abnormal wear for a less than 30k mile car. Also noticed the in the pictures it had an s badge which clearly it isn't, was missing the air filter cover, the emblem on the shifter as well. Not saying that that a 15 year old car should be perfect, but with that low of mileage, things aren't adding up. Car has been on the market for over 609 days as well. You're eyes on this car are invaluable and I appreciate the follow up. I'm going to keep searching as I think both these cars contain gremlins.

So the search continues for a under 50k mile car, coupe, with tip trans.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:56 PM
FCS
Cruisin'

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Atrox
Yeah I noticed the abnormal wear for a less than 30k mile car. Also noticed the in the pictures it had an s badge which clearly it isn't, was missing the air filter cover, the emblem on the shifter as well. Not saying that that a 15 year old car should be perfect, but with that low of mileage, things aren't adding up. Car has been on the market for over 609 days as well. You're eyes on this car are invaluable and I appreciate the follow up. I'm going to keep searching as I think both these cars contain gremlins.

So the search continues for a under 50k mile car, coupe, with tip trans.
No problem! Happy to help out a fellow rennlister even though we're both new.

Looks like we're after the same car lol, although I'm at least a week away as the buyer for my M5 won't be here until next Sat, and I don't mind waiting until the spring anyway. Have you checked out any Turbos that I should cross off my list as well?
Old 01-03-2015, 01:14 AM
Atrox
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome, I think we'll end up both getting what we're looking for. I don't want silver so you got first dibs.
Old 02-28-2015, 04:48 PM
1mrj911
Rennlist Member

Default 2002 tt at greater chicago motors

hello I am looking at buying the 2002 black turbo at greater chicago motors, did you look at it? , Im in Missouri ,

Quick Reply: Anyone in Chicago area willing to look at two cars?