Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2WD conversion - what is the correct way to convert?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 10:32 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
i was referring more to the pic that powder hound posted. all porsche em but not turbo parts yet makes the car better. for me i threw the manual out long ago. its all about going fast for me i don't care if its porsche aftermarket or nissan. if it can fit make hp and take me down the 1/8 1/4 1/2 or mile I'm in!
..and i fully agree philosophically with you, but don't consider oem parts outside the box vis a vis modding. my car didn';t even come with a book but far more importantly it came with parts and the intelligence of those that messed with it prior to me, and their expertise. but all roads lead to Weissach/Stuttgart and i'm going with father knows best on the whole subject.

i will use oem gt2/3 parts whenever possible and only look at other options that make sense and are not available oem. we use our cars differently, and although i respect what you do with yours, and all the effort/work you put in it! i do still believe that if porsche motorsports wanted to build out the car as you have? they would've. but then it wouldn't be the first time ( even today ) i've been wrong. whatever makes ya happy is good by me..

but nissan? LOL. cmon now?! yer just joshin
Old 12-10-2014, 09:49 PM
LukeSportsman
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, I have a GT2 in the garage but don't know that rolling under it will still give me the answer I want. NO place I can find mentions anything done to output on the TT output.

Im using a 996TT box in a rwd application. Do I simply install "as in" and just ignore the fact that it once was a 4wd box? So we aren't changing the box at all to use it in 2wd applications? I know this is likely me making something out of nothing, but too pricey to screw up because I didn't ask the obvious.

Thanks
Old 12-11-2014, 05:28 AM
32krazy!
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by LukeSportsman
OK, I have a GT2 in the garage but don't know that rolling under it will still give me the answer I want. NO place I can find mentions anything done to output on the TT output.

Im using a 996TT box in a rwd application. Do I simply install "as in" and just ignore the fact that it once was a 4wd box? So we aren't changing the box at all to use it in 2wd applications? I know this is likely me making something out of nothing, but too pricey to screw up because I didn't ask the obvious.

Thanks
if your referring to the transmission you don't have to do anything at all to it. if you have a gt2 and putting a turbo trans in it the main thing is the trans cooler won't be there. it is only on gt2 trans.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:38 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

agree the box is just a g96. nothing different far as i know.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:50 AM
LukeSportsman
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, GT2 is good. It's another project that I'm installing a TT box into. Thanks for answers. I've read and read and read threads here and 6spd and couldn't find reference beyond "disconnect drive shaft".

Quick Reply: 2WD conversion - what is the correct way to convert?