Sponsored by:

New Race pipe exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 09:14 PM
IWanna996Turbo
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Race pipe exhaust...

Not sure how many of you are 1-2-3-4-5-6 speeders but I figured I would share over here too...

I put out a request looking for a straight pipe exhaust for my 2002 Turbo Tip. A few answered and offered to help... After a deal for a set of pipes fell through, because the were for a NB 3.6 not a TT... I decided to work with Joe of Driving Force Fabrication.

After some back and forth and discussions with Joe at Driving Force Fabrication about a standard straight pipe setup... Joe sent a picture of a system created for that the owner was moving away from, but was available for sale...

I was stunned by the piece and worked it out with the Joe to purchase the system... and away it was shipped...

I must add it was a pleasure to talk with Joe. He was very responsive to my requests for pictures and questions on the system. The pictures don't do his work justice IMO, he is truly talented. I know if want another system welded up who I would go to! Just wish he was closer to me!!!

System arrived at my place, like a kid on Christmas I ripped into the box... BEAUTIFUL!!! and set-up an install with the help of S2Kkrafted...

S2Kkrafted offered me a lift and assistance to install the system... Install went kinda like I expected and I was very happy I was prepared.... Ended up breaking off two turbo studs thanks to the previous owner installing the WRONG threaded nuts on them!!! Drilled out, re-tapped, and new studs installed.... While I wrestled with that S2Kkrafted installed new Denso plugs for me ...

New turbo to exhaust seals installed, new washers, and copper coated nuts installed. Rear 02 spaced out of the exhaust stream using Vibrant Systems 90deg elbow and the 5mm insert...

The car is LOUD for sure but very clean while doing it. Overall the interior noise is the lowest with the windows up, but you can't enjoy the turbo spool sounds nearly as much.

Drone wise I think it is more than tolerable. My S2000 drones far far worse. I can't even think about trying to talk on the phone when driving the S on the highway... I was able to talk on the phone easily in the Pcar even in the reported worse drone range (2k to 3k)

Car has a great overrun sound on shifts even with the tiptronic and a great hollow burble when coming to a stop. I think we have a keeper!!!

VIDEO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIVe...ature=youtu.be

Thanks again to those that reached out to me but big thanks to Joe at Driving Force Fabrication!!!!
Old 08-29-2014, 11:39 AM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,303 Likes on 1,468 Posts

Sounds like a Turbo race car. Sweet.

Quick Reply: New Race pipe exhaust...