Sponsored by:

H&R Coilovers Installation

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 07:40 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H&R Coilovers Installation

Has anyone installed these coilovers on their car. If you have can you please post a pic of the installed coilover on the front wheel? I had mine installed by a local Porsche dealer and I think they installed incorrectly. They did not install the aluminum hat that came with the kit and they installed the heavy spring on the top and the thinner spring on the bottom. I called H&R and they told me the springs were installed in reverse order and that the aluminum hat is required.

Thanks..
Old 07-18-2014, 11:49 PM
Jabrony
Rennlist Member

That sucks, no experience but worried as I plan on performing the same thing...and I live in sofla..... Please don't tell me that Champion did that?
Old 07-19-2014, 10:51 AM
mldgman
Intermediate

Take it back to the dealer and let them know what happened and I am sure they will remedy the situation.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:06 AM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jabrony
That sucks, no experience but worried as I plan on performing the same thing...and I live in sofla..... Please don't tell me that Champion did that?
No not champion but never the less make sure the tech has experience in installing the kit you have.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:28 AM
mmm951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by manny_g
Has anyone installed these coilovers on their car. If you have can you please post a pic of the installed coilover on the front wheel? I had mine installed by a local Porsche dealer and I think they installed incorrectly. They did not install the aluminum hat that came with the kit and they installed the heavy spring on the top and the thinner spring on the bottom. I called H&R and they told me the springs were installed in reverse order and that the aluminum hat is required.

Thanks..
This is from H&R's website...

Old 08-02-2014, 03:57 PM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Quick Reply: H&R Coilovers Installation