Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Codes, P0638 P1504 P1518

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 09:31 AM
stilov
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

No the tune isn't it. I've had this time for a long time. I thought maybe there was something that caused it to not flash correctly.

I have a race gas file and a pump gas file.

My tuner said if the flash didn't take I'd have bigger problems than a hunting idle.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:55 PM
stilov
Rennlist Member

Well. Pressure test revealed pretty large leak on a vac hose coming off the throttle body.

No cels back yet.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:37 AM
stilov
Rennlist Member

A little update...the 1518 came back but with a 1515 this time (after driving a couple days) The idle felt a lot better though.
I decided the steps I'd take were clean the TB (the 1515 was saying the throttle body wasn't closing fast enough)
Then if that didn't work...replace the TB. Last night I pulled the y pipe and attempted to clean it.

I ended up pulling it off and compared it to the other TB I had...
LOL
Old 07-24-2014, 11:49 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 378 Likes on 226 Posts

I don't think it was getting hanged open at that angle. There's no way you wouldn't have seen it on the Live data. Unless it wasn't calibrated. I always tell people not to clean the throttle plate with it plugged in or even something more stupid-with the key on. Even with it unplugged it is not recommended to open it all the way when cleaning.
Hopefully that solves it...

P.S. I can't believe how small the throttle body is for these cars!
Old 07-24-2014, 12:01 PM
stilov
Rennlist Member

I honestly don't know what it was doing...At one point I could see something happening with live data, but it was intermittent. I know "cleaning" isn't really fixing, but I decided "cleaning" was not going to remedy the difference between the two TB.

So far I've put about 25 miles on it since the TB swap.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:14 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 378 Likes on 226 Posts

Cheap scanners are not fast enough. But I don't think you wouldn't have seen a problem. You'll know soon enough if that fixed it.

I've never pulled the TB from my car,but I so feel like doing that right now and put a larger one. Lol. Of course a tune would be in order too. I wonder if I would see any gains...hmmmm...
Old 07-24-2014, 12:34 PM
stilov
Rennlist Member

I have durametric. And I saw on the live data before I found my vac leak that the throttle voltage was jumping around. I just fixed one thing at a time though.

I'd bet the TB motor was making the flap open and shut, but that it was a labored process. Soon enough I will know.

TB was EASY to take off. I thought about using this as an excuse to upgrade, but I've heard you really need a plenum, which adds to the cost dramatically. And I make a good amount of power already, and the car is somewhat for sale...so stock will have to do.

Quick Reply: Codes, P0638 P1504 P1518