Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quality Porsche Parts eBay Store???

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 05:43 PM
Byron in MS
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Quality Porsche Parts eBay Store???

Does anyone have experience buying from QualityPorscheParts eBay store in Albuquerque, New Mexico? They represent themselves as a salvage yard specializing in Porsches, but I cannot find a physical presence or phone number for them?! I wrote to them through eBay and requested a call back before I commit on a major purchase but have yet to hear from them. They have written but won't call. They have perfect feedback with over 3000 transactions but something just seems odd.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:30 PM
PAULUNM
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Never heard of them, and I'm from the area.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:12 PM
Steve B.
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used them about 5 times. They are great. They will take offers on most parts, ship quickly and package items really well. I think they may be associated with LA Dismantlers, but I am not sure...
Old 01-08-2015, 06:57 PM
rs10
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I can't even find a way to send them a message. Very annoying. All else being equal, I'll buy from someone else.

(If anyone knows how to contact them, pls send me a pm! (And please post the info for the next user.))

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2015, 07:36 PM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

They're great in terms of price, selling, packing, etc. Terrible in communicating. I use the eBay messaging system and they can be slow to respond. However, I would not hesitate to use them.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:39 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,232 Likes on 1,441 Posts

Trust the feedback.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:00 PM
Road King
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

I just bought a lower center console from them for my '02 996TT. Near perfect condition as advertised, real leather side covers...$55.00.

My first experience with them was very positive.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:07 PM
pranqster
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

I live in Albuquerque but have not heard of them from PCA or the local stealer. I have not heard of a Porsche dismantler in the city, but they would not necessarily advertise much locally. If you had a physical address I could check and see if they have anything locally.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:34 AM
rs10
Burning Brakes

A question for those of you who have bought from them: Did the package show that it was posted from Albuquerque? Or ... ?
Old 01-09-2015, 09:14 AM
sanyata
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 251 Posts

+996 on Quality Porsche Parts. As others have said, usually accept lower offers, fast shipment and great packaging. You don't get +3000 positive feedbacks by being a bad seller on ebay. I have bought many parts from them and always been very happy. I've never had any doubts so I never bothered to look at their return address so I can't help you there. Use PayPal and your credit card to alleviate your worries.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:29 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

i purchased a coat hook drivers side, and they sent me a 996 carerra piece that didn't fit in spite of being advertised as fitting a 96t. it wasn't worth sending back. caveat emptor.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:23 AM
sanyata
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 251 Posts

So they made a mistake which can happen from time to time and you never gave them the opportunity to make it right? Hardly a ding on them. It's usually how people or businesses handle their mistakes that really show their true character. You didn't give them the chance to make it right so why bother?
Old 01-10-2015, 12:03 PM
Road King
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by sanyata
So they made a mistake which can happen from time to time and you never gave them the opportunity to make it right? Hardly a ding on them. It's usually how people or businesses handle their mistakes that really show their true character. You didn't give them the chance to make it right so why bother?
Here's the flip side to that scenario....

While I was waiting for them to accept my best offer on a lt. grey lower center console I ended up finding a better matching black one that they also had for sale (buy it now for about the same price as my best offer). So I bought the black one, then of course they accepted my best offer on the grey one a few hours later. I send them a message explaining I really only needed black, and that I bought the grey in error.

"No problem, don't pay for it, we'll get ebay to cancel the transaction." This saved me the hassle of having to pay and receive the wrong part, then reship back to them under their return policy. And they absolutely followed through on this.

So my first experience was extremely positive. Now I'm know we're only talking about a $50 part, but given our 996TTs are 12-14 years old, places Quality Porsche Parts are going to be extremely helpful when we need odds and ends that cost a small fortune from the dealer and/or new parts resellers.

two thumbs up!

Sean L.
'02 996TT
'02 Audi S8
'10 HD FLHRC
Old 01-10-2015, 03:45 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by sanyata
why bother with what? mentioning that this vendor sent me a part other than advertised? you don't really want an answer to that, do you?!

what difference would it make whether i opted to ask them to "make it right" or not? it is hardly relevant, what i chose or chose not to do. they advertised a part, i bought it, it was not what they advertised, and whether or not they knew it wasn't even questioned. i'd like to think it was merely an error on their part and did at the time. i never suspected deliberate misrepresentation lol it's pretty simple really. also, a business shows their "character" far earlier than when correcting a mistake lol. they show it from the moment one chooses to do business with them. i don't doubt they might've returned my 25 bucks had i wished to go thru the effort of complaint/return yadda yadda, but again, i chose not to bother... with that.,..and that makes me somehow remiss? lol. only in bizarro world.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:17 PM
rs10
Burning Brakes

One issue is whether I can trust them. Sounds like I can. The other issue is whether it's a pain to buy something from someone who doesn't have a phone. It is, and while going back and forth with them via eBay messenger, I've bought other things elsewhere.

It seems like the parts I'm still interested in buying from them may be from a smoking car. I would never buy a smoking car. But a part? Anyone know if it is hard to get the smell from a bit of carpet (which conveniently, isn't attached to a car at the moment)? Or plastic? Or leather?

Last edited by rs10; 01-13-2015 at 06:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Quality Porsche Parts eBay Store???