Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 05:54 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

Franny,

They are shipping directly from CSF in Southern California. We just got the tracking numbers in today and I will be email them out individually. Thank you again for the business!

-Jerry

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 05-08-2014, 05:58 PM
FrannyB
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good. I have a few deliveries this week so I'm just trying to keep them straight

Thanks,

franny
Old 05-09-2014, 12:08 PM
MB_Fahrer
Instructor

I'd be game to buy some but not until after my car gets here in a couple of weeks. I'll vouch for GMG's work. Their products are first rate.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:00 PM
FrannyB
Advanced

Thanks Jerry, They arrived yesterday.

Franny
Old 05-14-2014, 04:38 AM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by FrannyB
Thanks Jerry, They arrived yesterday.

Franny
Franny, you are very welcome!

Rennlist Members,

Thank you for the purchases and we look forward to hearing everyone's feedback.

We would like to remind everyone that May 15 will be the last day to take advantage of our special group buy pricing.

To place an order, please email me at Jerry@GMGRacing.com or Sales@GMGRacing with the following information:

1. Year/Model

2. Radiator Model (Left/Right/Center)

3. Shipping Address

4. Phone Number

- Jerry T
Old 05-15-2014, 07:28 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 331 Posts

Attached Images  
Old 08-27-2014, 07:20 PM
CSF Cooling
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 69 Posts

The sale is back on for the month of September!!

To place an order, please email me at Jerry@GMGRacing.com or Sales@GMGRacing with the following information:

1. Year/Model

2. Radiator Model (Left/Right/Center)

3. Shipping Address

4. Phone Number

- Jerry T
Old 08-31-2014, 04:45 PM
FrannyB
Advanced

Hey Rob,

I'm installing the right radiator now and I'm getting an interference with the mounting bracket below the radiator on the side with the two pins. It is bad enough that I would have to bend up the other side almost an inch to get the bolt in. Looks like yours is a bit tight too. Did you have any issues?

Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong...

Thanks,

Franny
Old 08-31-2014, 04:57 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Hey Franny,
Have a picture of the issue? They are a 'tight' fit (maybe you need a second set of hands) but will fit together correctly in the end.
Cheers,
Rob
Attached Images  
Old 08-31-2014, 05:09 PM
FrannyB
Advanced

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the super quick response! I do have a few photos... I must be doing something a little off... I would have to bend the bracket up to get that last bolt in on the last photo. All three pins are in their rubber mounts and secured with their clips.

Thanks,

Franny
Attached Images    
Old 08-31-2014, 06:09 PM
FrannyB
Advanced

Hey Rob,

Did you bend the end of the lower bracket up and if so, did it cause any issues? Maybe that is ok?

Thanks,

Franny
Old 09-01-2014, 08:12 AM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Hey Franny,
Have you tried pulling that one rad out and resetting it in the frame work? They have a spot/clocking that 'fits' into the rails.
I didn't bend anything to make them fit. I had the first production 996GT2/TT set so yours should be good...
Cheers,
Rob
Old 09-01-2014, 10:37 AM
FrannyB
Advanced

Thanks Rob,

I went after the left radiator and spent quite a while with just it and the bracket. The original radiator has that rounded bottom that will fit inside the channel in the lower arm of the bracket. The new radiator is flat across the bottom and is too wide for that channel and that, I think, is what is causing the interference. I check the new mounting pins against the old radiator's and they seem to line up well, but even with just the two pins and the bracket, either the bracket would have to be bent or the mounting pins on the radiator would have to be moved down to position the radiator a little higher in the bracket. Once the bracket is in and all three pins are in and clipped, there doesn't seem to be much room for adjustment.

You car is a GT2? Maybe, did your car come with bigger radiators than the 996TT? Maybe that is why yours dropped in?

The center radiator went in without a fuss, but both the left and right have the exact same issue... If I press up on the end of the bracket, I can get that last bolt in, but it is under a bit of stress. I don't imagine it is a good long term solution.

I wonder if anyone else has had any issues? I did get in on the first buy, but sent them back to fix the hose mount issue. I have had them back for a while, but am now just getting to the install...

Thanks again for your suggestions,

Franny
Old 09-01-2014, 03:20 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

I'm trying to think through what the issue could be, seems odd.
Mine definitely are not an interference fit(as least no where near forcing it to go together)
GT2 and Turbo/TT are identical as far as the radiators go and same side mounting pods AFIAK(I'll look through PET soon).
How much force/push would you say you need to make the two brackets meet? The assemblies are somewhat heavy and the A/C lines create some resistance as well(stock rads AND CSF's)

If you can, take a few more pictures, up-close and farther away to give some perspective...

-Rob
Old 09-02-2014, 12:57 AM
FrannyB
Advanced

Hi Rob,

I talked it over with Ravi at CSF and they are going to take care of it and make it all better. Great customer service calling me after hours on a holiday. You can't beat that! I have the radiators all boxed up and I'll get them back to CSF tomorrow.

To be continued...

When I get this all done, I'll post my procedure as I haven't really seen anything on the web about it. I also have a fancy-dancy "Airlift II" vacuum filler for the radiator fluid I'm looking forward to trying out.

Thanks again for your help.

Franny

Quick Reply: GMG Racing Special Group Buy: CSF Aluminum Radiator for Porsche 996 Turbo