Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Awesome Cup Car Style Air Dam Group Buy.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 11:36 PM
1braincell
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be interested as well.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:08 AM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Toth
Hi Guys,
Good news and bad news. The good news is I found a 996TT bumper to use for the design work. The bad news is I have to get busy and do the work. My initial thoughts are the bumper looks viable for a two piece splitter. I am going to take a couple of pictures of the bumper I have later and try to post the here to make sure I have the correct part. I will then need some help from you. As all I have is the bumper it is very flexible. I will need measurements so I can build a fixture to secure the bumper in a dimensionally correct position for the prototype work. I will let you know when I post the pics what measurements I require. Also I would like measurements from multiple cars to ensure the measurements are all within a close tolerance so that my piece will fit correctly on all the vehicles.
Will post again soon.
Joe, I believe i have layout of front bumper- via blueprint on CAD- you will need to print it 1:1 ratio size... let me know if t will help and you would like it and i can email it. I'll do as much as i can to help.

btw do you make a 997 gt3 gurney flap ?

Old 12-22-2013, 12:16 PM
Joe Toth
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F1crazydriver, Yes if you would would send me the drawing that would be a big help. No 997 stuff yet.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:51 PM
Joe Toth
Instructor

Default 996TT splitter

Here are three pics of the bumper I have. Please let me know if this is correct. What I need for measurements is the height off the ground the slot is for attaching the splitter (one in the center front and the two ends nearest wheel well). On the picture of the bottom of the bumper- the spacing between the mounting holes at the back of the bumper again nearest the wheel opening. The third picture is my GT3 splitter sitting next to the bumper. Its relatively close but still requires a lot of work for a good fit.......hopefully you get an indication of what it may look like.

Last edited by Joe Toth; 07-27-2014 at 02:00 PM.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:03 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

That looks really good. Bumper looks correct, AFAIK. Please keep me posted, as I need it ASAP!
Old 12-23-2013, 12:18 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Here are three pics of the bumper I have. Please let me know if this is correct. What I need for measurements is the height off the ground the slot is for attaching the splitter (one in the center front and the two ends nearest wheel well). On the picture of the bottom of the bumper- the spacing between the mounting holes at the back of the bumper again nearest the wheel opening. The third picture is my GT3 splitter sitting next to the bumper. Its relatively close but still requires a lot of work for a good fit.......hopefully you get an indication of what it may look like.

Awesome joe...I'll send you the blue print when i get home today.
but please do not distribute it out without my consent.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:23 PM
sd996tt
Advanced

Great to hear that this is moving forward! Let me know if I can help with anything.

Justin
Old 12-24-2013, 07:09 PM
32krazy!
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

so will the splitter in the bottom pic replace the rubber oem piece?
Old 12-25-2013, 12:03 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

That's what it looks like.
Old 12-25-2013, 05:00 PM
Joe Toth
Instructor

Merry Christmas Guys,
Yes the splitter will replace the oem plastic piece. It will look something like the bottom pic but depends on how the lines will all flow together. I am working today trying to complete an order so I can get on with this mold. Justin and everyone, yes I need your help. I need the measurements mentioned when I posted the pics. Without those I can't start to hold the bumper I have in the correct shape or position to begin work on the pattern for the mold.
Help me get this going......Please.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:31 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Guys,

I sent Joe the 1:1 scale of outline of front bumper. I hope Joe gets this fone for you guys... best of luck.

Old 12-28-2013, 02:25 PM
Joe Toth
Instructor

Enrique,
Is the gray shaded area the bottom undertray of the bumper. If it is it doesn't look like the one I have here.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:24 PM
Joe731
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Drawing

Enrique's drawing looks like the splitter he made. Your bumper looks correct. I will try to take some measurements as requested tomorrow and post them here with pictures.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:49 PM
sd996tt
Advanced

My car is in the shop getting a new transmission, so I can't take any measurements just now. My car is also lowered quite a bit, so I'm sure it will be much closer to the ground than most.

Justin
Old 01-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Joe Toth
Instructor

Happy New Year,
Guys I'm stuck. I have cut one of my two piece GT3 splitters down in an attempt to fit it to the bumper. Right now as the bumper sits loose on the bench it measures about 6" wider than the GT3 piece. I can't believe the car would be that much wider. Foe me to be able to go any further I really need measurements. The distance between the mounting holes on the bottom of the bumper at the back corners. There are two holes there, one an oval the other round. I need the distance between those holes side to side on the bumper mounted on a car before I can start to shape the pieces to fit. Thanking you in advance for your help.

Quick Reply: Awesome Cup Car Style Air Dam Group Buy.