Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Exactly leftlane I agree.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:23 AM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by MJK 944
cincyscott,

You also have a white tt with a black interior, people will swarm if you go sell it, as long as its 6spd
I looked a LONG time to find a white/black one, which is a lot of my hesitation. I'd try to find a 997 white/black to replace it if possible.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:26 PM
SelectiveRecall
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CincyScott,

I am recently coming into the market looking for a 996tt, and I live in Cincinnati. If you are interested in selling, please let me know.

Tim
Old 08-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Silberwolfen
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CincyScott
I'm seriously contemplating upgrading to a 997 Turbo. I like my 996TT, but there are some reasons why I find the 997TT more appealing. They're all subjective, so no need to delve into that.

BUT, today I was looking to see what the market was on 996TT's (2003) and came across this...

link

$34,900 for an "accident-free" 44k mile 2003 Manual Turbo? Wow...that makes me want to hang on to mine and just drive the pi$$ out of it, instead of babying it like I do.

I know, it could be a total POS, but it's sad to see where the market has gone. I would be hard pressed to take less than $50k for mine!
Scott,

I just went through the selling process with my 2003 996T and the going market rate for them is $45K to $49K. I think mine sold for around $48K to someone in Northern Virginia at Porsche of Tysons. The trade value is about $38K. That is the unfortunate truth. I would say to drive the heck out of it and just have fun with it. As I learned---mods do hurt the trade in value as it makes some dealerships reluctant to give you more because prospective buyers will shy away from a modded car. When they bought my car they went over it with a fine-toothed comb and looked for any reason to offer me less.

Be safe man!

JG
Old 08-07-2013, 12:36 PM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Silberwolfen
Scott,

I just went through the selling process with my 2003 996T and the going market rate for them is $45K to $49K. I think mine sold for around $48K to someone in Northern Virginia at Porsche of Tysons. The trade value is about $38K. That is the unfortunate truth. I would say to drive the heck out of it and just have fun with it. As I learned---mods do hurt the trade in value as it makes some dealerships reluctant to give you more because prospective buyers will shy away from a modded car. When they bought my car they went over it with a fine-toothed comb and looked for any reason to offer me less.

Be safe man!

JG
Thanks John! That's about what I think the market is too. I have such a great opinion of my car, if I decide to sell it, I'll put it on eBay with a reserve of 90k

Love your new spyder!

Quick Reply: Well this is disturbing