Sponsored by:

What did you do to your 996TT today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Jerrett
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The list is long but good:
• Installed new set of plugs (what a PITA!)
• Rebuilt/upgraded wastegates w/Kevin's (UMW) wastegate upgrade kit
• Flashed car w/”UMW Secret Sauce”….proceeded to laugh hysterically every time I got on the gas…still can’t get the smile off my face
• Thanked Kevin (UMW) for making multiple trips to my house to: explain how to rebuild wastegates, troubleshoot a misfire (turns out plugs can/will go bad after 20K miles) then personally delivered a new set of plugs for me to install..talk about service!!!!
• Gave my “new” car a proper detail
• Started planning my next mods…can you say coilovers!?
Old 06-11-2012, 12:34 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by mårran
My first post I´ve had my TT for four days and went for a little morning drive before going to work. Went thru second, third and a bit into fourth gear at full throttle. I still haven´t stopped smiling and bumping over stuff, im seriously impressed by the car! Now it´s time to get the car washed and polished at work.

R
Welcome!
Old 06-11-2012, 12:54 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Jerrett
The list is long but good:
• Installed new set of plugs (what a PITA!)
• Rebuilt/upgraded wastegates w/Kevin's (UMW) wastegate upgrade kit
• Flashed car w/”UMW Secret Sauce”….proceeded to laugh hysterically every time I got on the gas…still can’t get the smile off my face
• Thanked Kevin (UMW) for making multiple trips to my house to: explain how to rebuild wastegates, troubleshoot a misfire (turns out plugs can/will go bad after 20K miles) then personally delivered a new set of plugs for me to install..talk about service!!!!
• Gave my “new” car a proper detail
• Started planning my next mods…can you say coilovers!?
Welcome!
What set up are you going for?(coilovers)
Old 06-11-2012, 11:17 PM
SSST
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It caught me off guard, so I didn't get a pic, but I stopped for coffee and a Kolache driving from Houston to Austin today. As I was getting out of my car two big black dudes who had pulled up in a F650 pulling a 40' horse trailer stopped to admire the car. One of them said, that is a beautiful car. I used to have one just like it. He looked familiar.

It turns out he was Eric Dickerson. Heisman Winner Eric Dickerson. LOL. We chatted for a few minutes and it turns out he is a real Porsche nut.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:08 AM
Nikon FM
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 5 Posts

I ran the car at the Ridge Motor Sports Park today through Turn 2 Lapping. Great day! Pictures later.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:40 AM
mårran
AutoX

I was leaving for work in the morning and was going to take "the big car" (VW Caravelle) as i had to take my german pointer with me. After my morning coffee i noticed that my darling wife had left the keys in her handbag and she had already left for the office, some 50km away... I had promised myself not to have animals or dirty children in the Porsche, ever! Now i found myself stuffing the dog in there! German car, german dog. Works...
Old 06-27-2012, 11:04 AM
BOOSTD
Advanced

I fixed my overboost issue, which was caused by a hose that came loose from my N75 valve.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:29 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

She's going in tomorrow for the much plagued clutch accumulator. The thing is stiff as a rock. 10 years and 19K miles and I guess it was time...
No leak from the front reservoir. They say no need to replace the slave,but I don't know...
Old 07-06-2012, 12:03 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
She's going in tomorrow for the much plagued clutch accumulator. The thing is stiff as a rock. 10 years and 19K miles and I guess it was time...
No leak from the front reservoir. They say no need to replace the slave,but I don't know...
Get the GT2 accumulator/slave replacement and be done with it...
Old 07-06-2012, 12:15 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by wross996tt
Get the GT2 accumulator/slave replacement and be done with it...
Kevin suggested we stay stock if we don't track. I don't mind the 30 something procent increase in clutch stiffness with the GT2 conversion,I'm sure it's not as bad as what I have now with the accumulator gone...
The only thing is I don't know if the dealer will do the drill bell housing method to be on the safe side...and then there's the power steering pump replacement GT3/tiptronic unit that Kevin suggested...all to be on the safe side...Too much IMO.

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turbo-forum/694627-dilemma-gt2-slave-mod-or-just-replace-with-stock-parts-my-slave-is-toast.html
Old 07-06-2012, 12:41 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

The only thing is I don't know if the dealer will do the drill bell housing method to be on the safe side...and then there's the power steering pump replacement GT3/tiptronic unit that Kevin suggested...all to be on the safe side...Too much IMO.
On the "safe side" knowing that the replacement accumulator (and yes Kevin also suggests replacing the slave at the same time) and slave will go again. I got the replacement EVOMs kit...my mechanic installed it (says it is as good as custom drilling the housing) works like a charm....much better feel than the assisted clutch. No more uncertainty with the clutch. Again the main reason to do this is to actually have some clutch "feel" as the assisted clutch is terrible IMNO.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:32 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

On the "safe side" knowing that the replacement accumulator (and yes Kevin also suggests replacing the slave at the same time) and slave will go again. I got the replacement EVOMs kit...my mechanic installed it (says it is as good as custom drilling the housing) works like a charm....much better feel than the assisted clutch. No more uncertainty with the clutch. Again the main reason to do this is to actually have some clutch "feel" as the assisted clutch is terrible IMNO.
Thanks for the input Wross!
I'll probably give this set up another shot since this is the first time it goes...I don't mind the stock ' feel ',so that's not an issue...
Old 07-06-2012, 01:41 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Thanks for the input Wross!
I'll probably give this set up another shot since this is the first time it goes...I don't mind the stock ' feel ',so that's not an issue...
No worries...if you "like" the stock feel...I guess you don't want any "feel".
Old 07-06-2012, 02:01 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

No worries...if you "like" the stock feel...I guess you don't want any "feel".
It's not that...it's more that I don't really want to go crazy with this one as I might be lucky enough to go for a 997.2 GT3 or a 991S in the future...
Old 07-06-2012, 10:47 PM
SSST
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was out running errands and there was a 370z riding my butt going 40 on a blvd. I had to turn right and didn't bother to slow down. Just signaled and turned right at 40. Looked in the rear view and saw the z sideways in the road behind me. I love this car.
The following users liked this post:
CRYSTALCLEAR (03-11-2023)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 996TT today?