Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Silicone Boost Hoses

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 10:54 PM
jeanmarcboilard
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Vivid racing and their Agency Power brand isn't known for their quality. I had them on my car but replaced them with oem.
Maybe brand new oem ones would work better for you. It could be the clips are worn out and loose or the little lip they hold on the hose are worn down.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:41 AM
Camisade
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeanmarcboilard
Vivid racing and their Agency Power brand isn't known for their quality. I had them on my car but replaced them with oem.
Maybe brand new oem ones would work better for you. It could be the clips are worn out and loose or the little lip they hold on the hose are worn down.
I did get a response from them shortly after I posted here. They've committed to having someone get with me today to resolve my questions. We'll see.

I've tried replacing the GT2's OEM turbo hoses with new ones and blown those off, too. Moving to 991 turbo clamps from 997 ones helped some, but we're looking for a stronger solution. It's the tuner's dilemma. Change one thing and it affects another. In our case, increased boost combined with polyurethane motor and xmsn mounts created additional flex and pressure in the coupler connecting the airbox Y-pipe to the throttle body. So we braced that more strongly. Removing play from there moved the flex under torque to the hoses connecting the turbos to the intercoolers (to the point where we actually cracked tailight mounts and had to reinforce those!).

So we need a turbo hose solution that'll handle the relatively minimal boost increase, ideally reduce flex to the intercoolers by not changing shape under boost (and not blow off).

Yes, this is all a pain, but holy crap is the car fun to track!
Old 07-22-2016, 09:23 AM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,721 Likes on 1,003 Posts

The agency power stuff is utter crap, all China garbage. Nothing AP ever fits right. Send it back. I can't imagine how you are blowing off OEM hoses with the OEM 997.2 IC. You could hang an elephant off of the hoses and they wouldn't unclip. Something is not right..
Old 07-22-2016, 03:32 PM
Camisade
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We did indeed get the support call from Agency Power as promised by the folks at Vivid Racing, and they're going to overnight the clamps that should have come with the hose set but didn't. We'll give them a go at the end of the month at the NCM track, which seems to put stresses on cars that none of the other road courses in this area do to quite the same degree.

Fingers crossed -- thanks to all for their suggestions. I'll let you know how it goes.

Quick Reply: Silicone Boost Hoses