thanks!!!!
Old 01-12-2009, 01:31 AM
adam_
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by harris
Adam...
I do read post for sure...
and we all understood that there is no X-50 retrofit kit....and it is an ORDER CODE.
I do understand that my car will be a regular turbo with _ porsche mods...FOR sure...definetelly not an X-50.

I am trying somehow to Upgrade my car without loosing my warranty...and one way of doing this is to DUPLICATE an X50 if it is possible, so that all the partz I will use on my car will be original porsche parts. (same thing would apply is someone would want to upgrade from 4 piston calipers to 6 piston calipers from GT3...- again original parts will be used i.e. valid warranty)

and my final question was if I need intercoolers as well together with the pair of K-24's as well and the installed by dealer if possible X-50 programme.

that is all.

your worry about if people are reading post should be expressed when other rennlisters replied by saying I should have a look to tuners....(which is something that would void my warranty and it is something that I stated from the beggining that I CANNOT do it)

thanks anyway for your input

harris
I understand.

Have you actually received any legal advice on this scheme from your insurance company? You might got through all this with getting 'real porsche parts' only to find out you've misinterpreted the language in your warranty contract.

A discussion with the shop, or a mechanic, or your friend, on what constitutes a "non-factory" modification is not what I would use to drive such an expensive decision.

Keep in mind that "original parts" in your contract might mean "parts that were originally on YOUR car when it came from the factory".. .. your interpretation is different- you are saying "original" means any part that was originally on any porsche turbo, not on yours when it came from the factory.

In the USA this would not even be a close call. They define non-factory modifications pretty well, and this scheme would not work.

Good luck

A
Old 01-12-2009, 08:53 AM
harris
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adam_
I understand.

Have you actually received any legal advice on this scheme from your insurance company? You might got through all this with getting 'real porsche parts' only to find out you've misinterpreted the language in your warranty contract.

A discussion with the shop, or a mechanic, or your friend, on what constitutes a "non-factory" modification is not what I would use to drive such an expensive decision.

Keep in mind that "original parts" in your contract might mean "parts that were originally on YOUR car when it came from the factory".. .. your interpretation is different- you are saying "original" means any part that was originally on any porsche turbo, not on yours when it came from the factory.

In the USA this would not even be a close call. They define non-factory modifications pretty well, and this scheme would not work.

Good luck

A
Hi again,

(please no offence in my reply)

the insurance company in this case is Porsche itshelf, and in fact the center that I will be asking them to somehow modify my car will be through them and they will take responsibillity of course.

Again let me refer you to 2 examples :

1. 996 C2 01 My previous car had nothing special to make it more racy. I bought a PSE and installed it at the OPC we are talking. Exhaust after the end of the its warranty ( all porsche parts when bought come with a 1-year part warranty) had an internal problem. even the PSE was installed after the car was taken out from the factory (actually 4 years later) it was cover by the extended porsche warranty.
Note: in this case exhaust is a part that it can be either retrofitted or as a factory option.

2. 996 TT 01 (best friend's car). He wanted to have installed a 350mm disk /6-piston caliper brake kit with rotors, red calipers, pads, damping plates, warning signals and longer bolts for the calipers, from a GT3. Kit was installed and did have some problems concerning the performance of the kit on the car. In general kit was misfunctioning (correct me please if i did not get the word correct). Kit was replaced in total under warranty of brand new porsche parts. and after few months another problem occured with a driveshaft. Warranty was on duty again and was not cancelled by the 6-piston kit.
Note: this kit was made up by original aporsche parts and it not an factory option. it is just a kit made up by porsche parts.

these 2 examples are totally different, but have to do with retro-fit parts on a P car
Old 03-07-2017, 01:02 AM
mark_schnell
Instructor

FYI, I purchased a 996TT in February that was advertised as retrofitted with the X50 components and a tune. Just did a dyno day this last weekend, and got 404bhp on the Mustang dyno at World Motorsports.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:03 AM
napoleon1981
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by mark_schnell
FYI, I purchased a 996TT in February that was advertised as retrofitted with the X50 components and a tune. Just did a dyno day this last weekend, and got 404bhp on the Mustang dyno at World Motorsports.
At wheels or the crank?
Old 03-07-2017, 11:53 AM
mark_schnell
Instructor

404 at the wheels

Quick Reply: retro fit X-50