Sponsored by:

Congratulations Markski/Protomotive on your 9second Q-mile run

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 03:11 AM
mac993
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Same ****, different forum. Amazing.
Same people involved! It's like a trian wreck I just have to watch!
Old 07-28-2007, 07:09 PM
VRAlexander
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mac993
Same people involved! It's like a trian wreck I just have to watch!
The real kick in the pants for me is that I can tell Sharky to 'go play on the freeway' and know that he CAN'T delete my account on here like he did on 6speed because of personal issues with me!
Old 07-28-2007, 07:18 PM
MidnighTT
Racer

Hey VRAlex, did you ever buy an Acceleronics VersaFueler low impedance injector driver for a Porsche boxer 6? I sold one to a guy who said he had ~$100k in the motor. A Chris Chow bud. I never heard anything after the sale.

Jeff
Old 07-28-2007, 08:11 PM
rafiki
Instructor

Originally Posted by M-Phibian
Same ****, different forum. Amazing.

Scott / Divexxtreme
Actually Scott, I don't recall being involved in any " ****" on the other forum.

All I did was post this :

" A bit late saying Congrats to Evoms as I couldn't reset my password for three days...

Don't consider myself a "hater" or a facilitator for any product or tuner as my car is still relativelly stock(not for long)...but given what is at stake and the commercial leveraging that will rightly flow from breaking the Porsche 996tt equivalent of the 4 minute mile, I think it would have been fair to have the car officially scrutinized prior to the run so that there is no ambiguity re: weight and mods.

Otherwise,there will always be legitimate questions asked about the relevance to daily driven cars and not everyone asking deserves to be labelled a "hater".

This is not meant to take anything away from the achievement."
And you deleted it.......

Still can't see what was wrong with it....in fairness you did allow me to repost it though when I questioned why it was deleted in the first place!
Old 07-28-2007, 08:51 PM
M-Phibian
Instructor

Originally Posted by rafiki
And you deleted it.......

Still can't see what was wrong with it....in fairness you did allow me to repost it though when I questioned why it was deleted in the first place!
As I told you the first time you asked...it was deleted by accident during a massive thread cleanup.

I repeat; same ****, different forum. I'm not talking specifically about you. I'm talking about the discussion in general.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:36 PM
VRAlexander
Instructor

Originally Posted by MidnighTT
Hey VRAlex, did you ever buy an Acceleronics VersaFueler low impedance injector driver for a Porsche boxer 6? I sold one to a guy who said he had ~$100k in the motor. A Chris Chow bud. I never heard anything after the sale.

Jeff
What a small world......that would be me....
Old 06-11-2008, 04:53 PM
VRAlexander
Instructor

NEWS FLASH: OKLAHOMA June 11th,2008
I just spoke with Bobby who has been running Markski's 996tt and the old 60-130mph record has just been in-fumigated..great job guys!
Old 06-15-2008, 05:37 AM
VRAlexander
Instructor

Update from the track:
Bobby just got finished running Marks car at the quarter mile track....The clutch issue is still there at the track (even with the new setup) ....but even on lower boost (with less slippage) the car still ran a great MPH!!!! The 60-130mpg are not verified yet... Bobby says that under full boost and no slipping clutch, the car should be around 155mph in the quarter mile.....stay tuned...
Old 06-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

Alex, I admire the fine art of speech expressed above. Saying so much yet not saying anything

Bobby the mystery man strikes again. Thank God I have had a few exchanges with him in the past and know he is an aircooled enthusiast, otherwise I would have thought he is a ghost.

Tony drove my car yesterday at less boost that he would have liked, and he said that if he had squeezed the throttle instead of mashing it, he would have gained virtually close to the same mph he lost when he crushed it. And that's dementedly fast. Doubtedlessly as fast or faster than the first run Tony did.

Who is Tony? That's the question.
Looking forward to seeing those runs and waiting impatiently for the results. In the meantime I will go to bed, it is getting late...And I have stayed tuned for Bobby to show any runs, for about 2 years now.

j/k with you, but your post above was really creative
Old 06-15-2008, 04:39 PM
joetwint
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jean

Tony drove my car yesterday at less boost that he would have liked, and he said that if he had squeezed the throttle instead of mashing it, he would have gained virtually close to the same mph he lost when he crushed it. And that's dementedly fast. Doubtedlessly as fast or faster than the first run Tony did.
I don't believe it .......post the long g's .
Old 06-15-2008, 07:14 PM
VRAlexander
Instructor

Jean- How have you been? ...Bobby is real and the boy can drive ! Out of respect to Markski I will not post any times his car pulled last night, so instead of looking like a dooshbag, I got creative....you know how that is =)
BTW. Is it possible to have a variance of +.2 to +.35 long G's during a gear shift?? Thanks

Joe...its been a while... How is your baby??
Old 06-15-2008, 09:37 PM
joetwint
Advanced

Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Joe...its been a while... How is your baby??
It's been a long road ...almost finished though.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:07 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by joetwint
I don't believe it .......post the long g's .
They weren't even long, they were LARGE, first time I see this, he will send them for validation!

Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Jean- How have you been? ...Bobby is real and the boy can drive ! Out of respect to Markski I will not post any times his car pulled last night, so instead of looking like a dooshbag, I got creative....you know how that is =)
BTW. Is it possible to have a variance of +.2 to +.35 long G's during a gear shift?? Thanks
Doing great, thanks, I know you are too and having some fun on autocrosses
Nowadays anything is possible and acceptable with long Gs, positive on deceleration and negative on acceleration, it's a crazy world I tell you!
Old 06-17-2008, 11:46 PM
VRAlexander
Instructor

Question

Originally Posted by Jean
Doing great, thanks, I know you are too and having some fun on autocrosses
Nowadays anything is possible and acceptable with long Gs, positive on deceleration and negative on acceleration, it's a crazy world I tell you!
Hmmm.....so with that said, I have a 3.8 second 60-130 run...can you look at it?

Last edited by VRAlexander; 06-18-2008 at 12:06 AM.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:01 AM
VRAlexander
Instructor

Question

Originally Posted by joetwint
It's been a long road ...almost finished though.
I know how that goes....

Quick Reply: Congratulations Markski/Protomotive on your 9second Q-mile run