Congratulations Markski/Protomotive on your 9second Q-mile run

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 11:00 AM
rafiki
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joetwint
Answers in red!
You're happy to call people that disagree with you haters, but you as a chief spruiker just expect people to believe that maybe after a few drinks one night, a couple of Evoms people decided the following:

" It's 9 seconds for the record, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses. Joetwint-Hit it"

As the chief spruiker, you expect people to believe the weight of the car is as you say, that no launch(not traction my mistake) control was used and that if Evoms put their mind to it (maybe a three week effort is required), they could probably break 8 seconds.

If it was such a nonchalant effort, well why not do it now! Why not break 9 sec a year or two ago.

Re: the Evom 800 kits...how many are into the 9 secs?

Old 07-26-2007, 11:39 AM
rafiki
Instructor

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by Craig.
Really??? Pejoratively labeling EVOMS' tremendous accomplishment "smoke and mirrors" multiple times is "not taking anything away from Evoms"??? At least be intellectually honest about your blatant attempt to undermine and discredit EVOMS' 9 second run.
Craig , I have read a few of your sledgehammer posts before, and obfuscation usually precedes any considerations of intellectual honesty...let me get the

First, as has been posted countless times, EVOMS "threw" remarkably little resources at their 9 second car. To the contrary, the car was thrown together by EVOMS on a whim, in a matter of a few weeks, after the car sat and gathered dust for the preceding year while parts were harvested from the car for customer cars.
Moreover, it is equally inappropriate to suggest that EVOMS's accomplishment was somehow lacking in "passion," as compared to Mark's accomplishment. Regardless of whether a customer or shop car, it takes incredible dedication and passion to achieve a 9 second run, and the fact that EVOMS did it first, in their own car, does not make them any less passionate about the achievement.
Totally disagree with you. I remember back at a school rep cross country carnival there was a very talented runner who simply sat just behind the leader for most of the race only to take them at the finish.He won the race alright, but copped a kick up the **** from the coach.The reason being , he was a much better runner and was capable of a much better time, but didn't put the effort, the guts the passion into his run.He won, but he was a spoiler not a winner, becasue he didn't try his hardest.

If EVOMS took only 2 weeks to achieve the 9 sec pass, imagine what they are capable of if they really put their mind and resources into it!

To the best of my knowledge, EVOMS spent FAR, FAR less on their 9 second car than Mark spent on his.
Somehow, I doubt it. If so little resources were thrown at it, can you tell me how much it would cost my car to run 9 sec if I take it to EVOMS? How long will they need to complete the job and whether my car will be roadworthy afterwards?

Moreover, in terms of publicity and exposure, Protomotive benefits from Mark's accomplishment, just as EVOMS benefits from its accomplishment.
Agree, but if a tuner is going to compete with another for marketing kudos(which is healthy), then it is important that that effort is able to be scrutinized...that is where I believe my concerns are legitimate.

It is your prerogative to be a non-believer. However, absent facts demonstrating misrepresentations on the part of EVOMS (and I am not aware of any such facts), your disbelief is nothing more than an empty, emotional response that carries no credence or credibility.
Actually, it's the people that are trying to pass off information re Evoms car as facts that are arousing the BS antennas of me and others.The only available facts are the 9 sec pass. Everything else about the car is not fact unless it can be independently verified.I hope that you don't get offended at my suggestion that you and Joetwint can hardly be called independent in this regard.

... Rafiki elected to sidetrack this thread with ridiculous accusations and pejorative references that compelled a response..
Look up the definition of sidetrack.My comments were valid and relevant.That others joined in only serves to underline that there is traction in the belief that some people would like to keep a lid on aspects of the Evoms effort that doesn't detract, but rather qualify their achievement.

The way I see it is Markski should be regarded as the first privateer to achieve the 9 sec pass and Evoms is the first tuner. That's the extent of the olive branch I am willing to offer.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:47 AM
rafiki
Instructor

Originally Posted by LUISJR993
You my friend, are completely clueless.
You sir, are an intellectual genius!
Old 07-26-2007, 08:14 PM
KPG
Pro

[QUOTE=rafiki]
Actually, it's the people that are trying to pass off information re Evoms car as facts that are arousing the BS antennas of me and others.The only available facts are the 9 sec pass. Everything else about the car is not fact unless it can be independently verified.I hope that you don't get offended at my suggestion that you and Joetwint can hardly be called independent in this regard.
Rafiki, If I may question your assertion that Evoms are passing off data as fact. I think you may be missing the point that nothing is "independently" verified. Neither Mark, nor Evoms have any data other than the 9sec time slips that are "independently" verified. To single out Evoms only to be held to this high standard is unfair as Mark is given a pass. Please understand that Mark is a close friend that I have met a couple times, driven his car(an out of body experience!) and speak to almost daily but nothing he has done has been "independently" verified to your standards. I believe everything he has said about his 9 sec run implicity. Not because anything he has done has been " independently" verified, but because he is a good ,honest person. You should apply the same standard to both Mark and Evo concerning thier claims.Best, Kevin
Old 07-26-2007, 08:25 PM
KPG
Pro

Originally Posted by VRAlexander
...let's cut the $hit and talk about the next step: How do we get this car into the 8's ????

BTW. It's good to see you guys on here!
It looks like you are well on the way to your goal of 8's if you think a fullweight TT is going to trap 160 with no NOS or a serious weight reduction plan...are you going to let us in on the secret? It is only 15mph faster than Mark.Here is your claim over at your Forum................................................................... ........................................................................ ........................................................................ .....
"The turbo is almost done...Todd has some fine tuning on the Dyno this week and then Bobby is going to go for a full weight (stereo system and all) pass...If she does not trap around 158-160mph with these new turbos and two wheel drive setup on full slicks, then we will either drop some weight (not my first choice) or turn up the boost and add some NOS... The weather in Tulsa (where the track is) is around 100deg and very humid...not the best for Quarter mile or Dyno pulls so I am very curious to see the numbers...
Old 07-26-2007, 08:31 PM
joetwint
Advanced

Originally Posted by rafiki
You're happy to call people that disagree with you haters, but you as a chief spruiker just expect people to believe that maybe after a few drinks one night, a couple of Evoms people decided the following:

" It's 9 seconds for the record, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses. Joetwint-Hit it"

As the chief spruiker, you expect people to believe the weight of the car is as you say, that no launch(not traction my mistake) control was used and that if Evoms put their mind to it (maybe a three week effort is required), they could probably break 8 seconds.

If it was such a nonchalant effort, well why not do it now! Why not break 9 sec a year or two ago.

Re: the Evom 800 kits...how many are into the 9 secs?

The reason the 9 sec barrier was not broken before by this car is because they wre running it in the middle of the desert at 1700 ft above sea level with chitty Da at a poorly prepped track.That was the first time that car ran at an East coast track.....plain and simple.I happen to be speaking from experience....I have actually run at both tracks......unlike you who is speaking out his **** .Please tell us your 996 turbo drag racing experiences and enlighten us.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:38 PM
Tom996
Intermediate

Boy's, boy's regardless of who drove, the weight, how long, what rpm, amount of beers, private or company car; blah blah blah. The bottom line is the 9 second's were broken!!! What ever the combo was, it was succesfull PERIOD!!!!!! We can kick this to death with the; What if's???????
Old 07-27-2007, 01:56 AM
VRAlexander
Instructor

Originally Posted by KPG
It looks like you are well on the way to your goal of 8's if you think a fullweight TT is going to trap 160 with no NOS or a serious weight reduction plan...are you going to let us in on the secret? It is only 15mph faster than Mark.Here is your claim over at your Forum................................................................... ........................................................................ ........................................................................ .....
"The turbo is almost done...Todd has some fine tuning on the Dyno this week and then Bobby is going to go for a full weight (stereo system and all) pass...If she does not trap around 158-160mph with these new turbos and two wheel drive setup on full slicks, then we will either drop some weight (not my first choice) or turn up the boost and add some NOS... The weather in Tulsa (where the track is) is around 100deg and very humid...not the best for Quarter mile or Dyno pulls so I am very curious to see the numbers...
I had no idea you had such an interest in my project! Why don't you join us at Gear Erotica (then you can read some of the OFF-TOPIC progress) and add your two cents?? We could also use someone official to 'verify' our new 60-130mph thread that will include video of some of the runs...You will find many of the people you know there....we are very selective about our members, however I will make shure we activate your account ASAP ....

Originally Posted by Tom996
Boy's, boy's regardless of who drove, the weight, how long, what rpm, amount of beers, private or company car; blah blah blah. The bottom line is the 9 second's were broken!!! What ever the combo was, it was succesfull PERIOD!!!!!! We can kick this to death with the; What if's???????
Well said!
Old 07-27-2007, 08:35 AM
rafiki
Instructor

The reason the 9 sec barrier was not broken before by this car is because they wre running it in the middle of the desert at 1700 ft above sea level with chitty Da at a poorly prepped track.That was the first time that car ran at an East coast track.....plain and simple.I happen to be speaking from experience.
Resorting to your expereince to win an argument on an internet board is a sure sign you're in trouble.I wasn't aware that one's drag racing experience is inversely proportional to their tendency to BS.

But since you started, I joined this Forum 6 months before you and I have one more post than you do.Iam a more experienced poster here, so my posts have more credibility than yours....so irrespective of which end they're coming out, your comments still smells the same.....

I have actually run at both tracks......unlike you who is speaking out his **** .Please tell us your 996 turbo drag racing experiences and enlighten us.
Tracks have a lot to do with posted time, but nothing to do with this discussion.Don't try and complicate matters with useles new information... it doesn't help your cause.

Your experience vs my BS antenna and my antenna wins every time.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:54 AM
rafiki
Instructor

[QUOTE=KPG]
Originally Posted by rafiki
Rafiki, If I may question your assertion that Evoms are passing off data as fact. I think you may be missing the point that nothing is "independently" verified. Neither Mark, nor Evoms have any data other than the 9sec time slips that are "independently" verified. To single out Evoms only to be held to this high standard is unfair as Mark is given a pass. .......... You should apply the same standard to both Mark and Evo concerning thier claims.Best, Kevin
Kevin,
Good point ,well made and it goes to the heart of the discussion.Essentially what I am saying is that Tuners should have a higher standard applied to them, because of the commercial considerations involved.

This has nothing to do with bashing EVOMS, it has everything to do with what EVOMS is ..a tuner.If it was another privateer that pipped Marksi to 9 sec, I would have no such reservations.

I know that some will not agree with me....always happy to listen to cool and logical comments on this though.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:56 AM
KPG
Pro

Originally Posted by VRAlexander
I had no idea you had such an interest in my project! Why don't you join us at Gear Erotica (then you can read some of the OFF-TOPIC progress) and add your two cents?? We could also use someone official to 'verify' our new 60-130mph thread that will include video of some of the runs...You will find many of the people you know there....we are very selective about our members, however I will make shure we activate your account ASAP ....

Well said!
Alex, I am a Porsche enthusiast like most on these boards. If someone thinks they can break 160 mph in a car that is much heavier than Mark's car then I am absolutely interested regardless whose car it is. Yes, I do go over to your board now and then. Now for my opinion: If you or anyone else is going to run a 60-130 or 1/4 mile time of significance then it should be posted for all to see, not just for a select few in a member's only off topic site. Transparency is good. Kevin
BTW, I would be more than happy to look at any data you might have.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Woodster
Drifting

Default SUMMIT @ ONE TEXAS MILE !

If I say ANYTHING, I will be crucified...

So, let me just say that my car is "fast as hell" and on low boost beat my buddy's
piped/tuned Ford GT which is no slouch, LOL!

I would love to see ALL TUNERS/Privateers at the One Texas Mile in October (6th-7th).
for a little fun, high speed running, beer drinking (optional), and some "bench racing"
and "bar stool politics" for good measure.

How bout it guys?? JoeTwinT, Big Joe, KPG, Top Gun, EVOMS, VR, Markski and any others,
even stockers for fun! (Unfortunately, DIVEXX will be in IRAQ). I personally would like to see
a bunch of GT700's for purely fun and comparison sake.

Best,

Marty
Old 07-27-2007, 03:24 PM
VRAlexander
Instructor

Originally Posted by Woodster
If I say ANYTHING, I will be crucified...

So, let me just say that my car is "fast as hell" and on low boost beat my buddy's
piped/tuned Ford GT which is no slouch, LOL!

I would love to see ALL TUNERS/Privateers at the One Texas Mile in October (6th-7th).
for a little fun, high speed running, beer drinking (optional), and some "bench racing"
and "bar stool politics" for good measure.

How bout it guys?? JoeTwinT, Big Joe, KPG, Top Gun, EVOMS, VR, Markski and any others,
even stockers for fun! (Unfortunately, DIVEXX will be in IRAQ). I personally would like to see
a bunch of GT700's for purely fun and comparison sake.

Best,

Marty
I have already signed up (since I missed the last one) and I am planning to run several cars....who else is going??

Marty...great Idea ++++
Old 07-27-2007, 04:14 PM
M-Phibian
Instructor

Same ****, different forum. Amazing.

Scott / Divexxtreme
Old 07-27-2007, 05:39 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist